How to proceess KITAS/VITAS Online

4. After the application has been submitted online with all the documents, you should receive an email the same day (if you submitted your application in the middle of the night/early morning), or the next day (if you submitted afternoon), inviting you to come to South Jakarta immigration to pay the sum of 100,000 rupiah. This can NOT be done online. But you do not have to go in person, you can grant power of attorney to someone.
Download power of attorney here: https://goo.gl/EpZxnK Power of attorney must be fixed with materai 6ribu at middle bottom, such that both signatures spread onto the materai (left and right side)
Either way, the email will tell you to bring a handful of documents to Jakarta. Ignore this and bring photocopies of ALL of the documents above (a to i), with the exception that you can just bring the passport data page, not the whole book. In addition, the documents which you signed and affixed with materai should all be the originals. The documents need to be in a GREEN folder, otherwise you will be told to go away. To send the documents to Jakarta you can use the Indonesian post office, or Tiki service tiki.id. Bear in mind that whatever service you use will arrive too late for same day trip to immigration, so you must go the next day. In addition, Indonesian civil servants don't do much work on Fridays, so if you submit on Friday then you probably can wait too. If you are in a hurry you can post the documents to your Jakarta contact immediately upon online submission.
Update as of 24 July 2018: I gave my wife all of the copies of documents, bought a green folder for them at Gramedia, and asked her to deliver them with the 100k IDR to the KanIm... She was sent to several different floors of the building and finally got to the right place to pay. They then asked her why she had not just paid it through an ATM... After she drove for 90 minutes to get there... Suffice it to say that she is not pleased with me right now.

Evening of 26 July: I received the email with instructions to go obtain my VITAS from the Indonesian Embassy in Singapore. Now, I need to determine whether it will take one or two business days. If I were using an agent, I would certainly be flying in on the Lion Air 06:15 "Visa Run Express" and then back the same night. Doing the process without an agent, it appears that I will probably need to be there for two business days.

So what you gonna do, waste money on hotel room, food, drink, expenses, taxis, entertainment, or just pay the agent the same or less amount and be there and back in 8 hours?
I have an agent in SG (probably the same most of us use) who does it same day, give him passport in Orchard Hotel lobby before 10 and he will have it back in your hands by 4pm and you can get the (example) 7pm flight back to Jak and be home by 8pm
Either way you will be spending money, hotel or agent, do it yourself also you need to queue and maybe you missing a paper etc, do it with the agent and no hassle, give him passport, the photo, sign the form, give him the cash (I think KITAS now SG$270 and SOSBUD SG$160) and all done. Simple

Usually he needs the telex cope emailed to him a day or 2 before with your PP copy

But up to you, how valuable is your time and money? Unless you really want a 2 day break in SG? Because you can't collect your PP until after 2pm next day anyway if you are not an agent

So what you gonna do, waste money on hotel room, food, drink, expenses, taxis, entertainment, or just pay the agent the same or less amount and be there and back in 8 hours?
I have an agent in SG (probably the same most of us use) who does it same day, give him passport in Orchard Hotel lobby before 10 and he will have it back in your hands by 4pm and you can get the (example) 7pm flight back to Jak and be home by 8pm
Either way you will be spending money, hotel or agent, do it yourself also you need to queue and maybe you missing a paper etc, do it with the agent and no hassle, give him passport, the photo, sign the form, give him the cash (I think KITAS now SG$270 and SOSBUD SG$160) and all done. Simple

Usually he needs the telex cope emailed to him a day or 2 before with your PP copy

But up to you, how valuable is your time and money? Unless you really want a 2 day break in SG? Because you can't collect your PP until after 2pm next day anyway if you are not an agent
You make an excellent point, and when I discussed it with our school liaison today, he said that the school would just use their Singapore-based agent rather than have me miss an extra school day. 255 SGD (paid by the school) later, problem solved. I will be on the 06:15 Lion Air flight out and back the same night.
nb: I have some doubts about live-posting my experiences here, but if it helps anyone else navigate the (mostly) agent-free spousal KITAS process, then at I am glad to help.

the SG process is usually drama free, hence not so much posted, arrive, hand over money, get passport back same day, job done

This is a report on a recent successful spouse sponsored Electronic Itas process (via online Vitas) in Bali.

A. Online Process - Day one: To register for the online process your spouse needs to create a profile on the imigrasi website (https://visaonline.imigrasi.go.id/online/index.xhtml?i=0) by uploading his/her KTP, KK and birth certificate. You are advised to register with a gmail address (?) and have to create a user name. The next day you will receive an online password which you use with the username you created, to start an application. Then, you fill in the applicant (your) data form and upload the required documents (all in jpeg format and less than 400kb in size), which are: bank book/statement with minimum balance of USD 1,500 or equivalent, your passport data page and cover, your marriage certificate (in our case buku nikah), and a request letter and guarantee letter (Pernyataan dan Jamian and Surat Permohonan, both signed by your spouse under Rp 6000 meterai - we used the examples from this website to prepare these letters - thank you Expat Indo!). That's it. Btw, the daily limit on Vitas applications is now 650, and whilst following the process I never saw this filled up, so no need to rush first thing in the morning to complete the application (eg, on the day I applied at 3pm there were still 125 slots). Also note that the type of visa you are applying for is an ‘admission visa’ under category 317 for ‘penyatuan keluarga’ – family reunification, and the period requested should be for twelve months (ie 1 year) even though there is an option for two years (which applies to a different Itas category), Also, note that there is a question on the applicant data page where you need to describe the activities the visa applicant (you) will undertake in Indonesia and gives examples of attending meetings, etc. (i.e., what sounds like work). As the visa online website specifically refers to the spouse sponsored C317 visa as ‘tidak untuk bekerja’ (not for work), we took the example language as a possible red flag and typed only ‘Penyatuan Keluarga’ (family reunification). Also, unlike previous reports/experiences, there is no longer a request in the online application for an NPWP or embassy letter acknowledging the marriage (but the latter document will be required later on when you visit immigration).

The next day (day three) we received an email request to pay the nonrefundable application fee of Rp. 100k at a Post Office or Bank. We did so at BCA. The banks are linked to the immigration system so once your billing code number is input by the teller, your name will pop up on the system. You will receive a printed receipt with your name and billing code on it confirming payment.

Two to three business days later, you will hopefully receive an approval email, with a pdf attachment referred to as a ‘telex visa’ which should be printed out and taken to the overseas Indonesian embassy you selected during the application process, in our case Singapore.

B: In Singapore – Visit the Indonesian embassy in the morning (before 12 noon). Be dressed properly (no shorts or singlets – however if you forget, security at the front can lend you a spare shirt and/or trousers that they keep on hand for knuckleheads). Also, you can demonstrate that you are really squared away, as well as save time, by downloading and completing the visa application form from the embassy’s website (https://www.kemlu.go.id/singapore/id/Documents/VISAform.pdf) and having a passport photo on white background sized 3.5x4.5cm before going to the embassy. Note in paragraph five of the embassy application that you want to request a single entry for a period of 12 months for a temporary stay visa to ‘join family’, and in paragraph seven of the visa application form the ‘telex no.’ is the one on your pdf email attachment that starts with IMI… and the ‘name of reference’ is your spouse. The tiger lady gatekeeper will check your documents and give you a Q number – once it’s called, submit your passport, ‘telex’ letter, photo, photocopy of stamped embarkation card from Singapore immigration and completed visa application form and you will be given a receipt which you should take to the cashier near the building entrance (just to the left as you would exit). Pay S$160 in cash and you’ll be given another slip for collection of your passport with the Vitas sticker the next day (after 2pm). Collection takes all of five minutes.

C. Back in Indonesia – Make sure that Immigration at the airport sees your Vitas and gives you the correct twelve month entry stamp. At home, visit the imigrasi online reporting site (https://izintinggal.imigrasi.go.id/IT-online/pelaporan_vitas.xhtml) and report your entry by entering your passport number and visa number (it is the one that begins IMI… ). You will receive an acknowledgment online and by the next business day you should receive an email telling you to report to your local immigration office (in my case Denpasar, Bali) within 30 days of your entry. Print out a copy of this email as you will have to submit it to immigration when you physically report.

Immigration Visit 1 - At immigration (Denpasar) – easily found and with ample parking for both cars and motorbikes - enter the building using the left entrance around the corner and turn right to go to the foreigner section. Take a Q number at the machine. When it is called you will be given a folder and several forms for you and your sponsor (spouse) to fill out and sign (bring along a 6000 rp meterei stamp as one of the forms your spouse will sign requires it). If you are unsure what to complete in certain sections of the forms, there are sample forms under the glass on the writing desk. Or you can just ask the officer. For example, the forms ask for your occupation. As you are on a spouse sponsored visa, don’t enter what you do or once did to earn a living – instead enter “Ikut Suami/Istri WNI (as the case may be). Note: if you need to make photocopies, photographs or purchase the meterei, this can be done onsite (out the door and to the right near the canteen). Once completed, you return to the same officer who will ask you to produce the following documents, copies to be placed in the folder you were given:

1. The forms you filled out and signed (two for the sponsor, and three for the applicant, including a brief CV).
  2. Original passport plus photocopy of details page, Vitas sticker page and most recent entry stamp page;
  3. Photocopy of marriage certificate/ buku nikah (plus be prepared to show the original).
  4. Photocopy of letter from your embassy recognizing your marriage in Indonesia. If you were not married in Indonesia, then you also have to produce documentation showing that your foreign marriage has been duly registered in Indonesia, as well as the acknowledgement / no objection letter from your country’s embassy in Indonesia.
  5. Photocopy of your spouse’s KTP and KK (originals must be shown)
  6. Photocopy of your Surat Domisili (also show original). To get this document, see the helpful guide on the Expat Indo website. In our case, I got the signed Surat Domisili form from the Banjar Klian Dinas where we live, then had to get a police report (Surat Tanda Melaporkan or STM) from the local police station, and finally got the form signed at the Kantor Desa. All in all this took about an hour or so and was no big deal, and was free.
  7. If your spouse’s KTP/KK address is different than your Surat Domisili, then you must present the original and a photocopy of your spouse’s Surat Domisili, the address of which must match yours.
  8. Two passport photographs with red background– 3x4cm size.
  9. Print out of the email you received after you reported online to Immigration of your entry to Indonesia with the Vitas.
  10. Print out of the email ‘telex’ that you received when your Vitas application was approved – the same one you provided to the Singapore embassy.
Assuming you provided the required documents, you will be given a slip telling you to report three business days later to counter 4 between 8am-2pm (note all counters are closed between 12-1pm) for an interview, photograph and biometric data (fingerprints). Previous posts have reported that sometimes this can be done at the same time as document submission, but at Denpasar immigration the process is pretty formal (there are flow chart signs all over the place showing the process, namely, document submission > three business days later interview and photos > and another three business days later to collect your passport with the Electronic Itas stamp). Make payment for the Itas (1 million), Merp – multiple entry/reentry permit (1 million) and biometric data fee (55k). Official and totally transparent total of 2.055 million. Payment can be made at any post office or bank, or more conveniently at the mobile post office van located just outside the immigration office.

Immigration Visit 2 – You’ll be given a q number at counter 4 and eventually be called into the ‘photo room’. Here you will be interviewed alone. Questions I was asked included where I met my wife, where she was from, where her parents were from, where we were married, where are we living in Bali, am I working in Indonesia and other pretty basic questions. Then they take your photo and biometric prints of each finger. After this session, you will be given a slip to present again at counter 4 in three more business days to collect your stamped passport.

Immigration Visit 3 – Pick up passport with small round stamp that says ITAS online and has your permit number written in it. There is no separate entry / re-entry stamp. Also, the same day as your passport collection you will receive an email with your electronic ITAS permit. You are advised to print this out and keep it with your passport at all times.

Hello,

I checked the tutorial at the website about applying VITAS online and it already helped a lot. But I have two questions:

4. Photocopy of letter from your embassy recognizing your marriage in Indonesia. If you were not married in Indonesia, then you also have to produce documentation showing that your foreign marriage has been duly registered in Indonesia.

I was getting married in Indonesia and I have the Buku Nikah. Do I still need this letter? So I MUST register my marriage in my home country (Germany)?

5. Acknowledgement / no objection letter from your country’s embassy in Indonesia.

Unfortunately I don't know where the original letter is. But I have a Copy in my E-Mail account and the Translation. Do you think its enough, or do I need a new one again, from my embassy?

Hello,

I checked the tutorial at the website about applying VITAS online and it already helped a lot. But I have two questions:

4. Photocopy of letter from your embassy recognizing your marriage in Indonesia. If you were not married in Indonesia, then you also have to produce documentation showing that your foreign marriage has been duly registered in Indonesia.

I was getting married in Indonesia and I have the Buku Nikah. Do I still need this letter? So I MUST register my marriage in my home country (Germany)?

5. Acknowledgement / no objection letter from your country’s embassy in Indonesia.

Unfortunately I don't know where the original letter is. But I have a Copy in my E-Mail account and the Translation. Do you think its enough, or do I need a new one again, from my embassy?
Answer to question number 4: No, your bukuh nikah is sufficient and there is no requirement that you register your marriage in your home country. As for question number 5: The acknowledgment / no objection letter is not required for the Vitas online application. You will, however, need to show this at the immigration office where you live once you process your Itas. You can try printing out a copy of the letter and translation and see if that works. Alternatively, you can be proactive and discuss the issue with your local immigration office in advance. Given that you have 30 days to complete the Itas procedure once you enter Indonesia with a Vitas, you should have time to get another original letter should local immigration require it.

Hello,

For point 5 when you apply for KITAS you can use: a)registration of the marriage in your own country b) registration/reporting of your marriage in your embassy c) if marriage does not need to be registered in your own country or embassy, letter from the embassy that such kind of registrations is not necessary-embassies issue such kind of documents if that is the case.

What is your citizenship?

Hi @goeri87 @Jamu

I saw last messages and I really happy that the topic is not abandoned.
Do you know what is estimated total cost for a full KITAS process currently ?

I'm going to apply for KITAS since I'm married and probably for work KITAS too.
My employer will handle work KITAS but the one which about marriage I should do myself.

By the way do you know how it's better to cover processes of both type of KITAS same time? Does it better to apply for marriage KITAS and then update it with work permit (with everything what is included in it) or vice versa ?

Hi @goeri87 @Jamu

I saw last messages and I really happy that the topic is not abandoned.
Do you know what is estimated total cost for a full KITAS process currently ?

I'm going to apply for KITAS since I'm married and probably for work KITAS too.
My employer will handle work KITAS but the one which about marriage I should do myself.

By the way do you know how it's better to cover processes of both type of KITAS same time? Does it better to apply for marriage KITAS and then update it with work permit (with everything what is included in it) or vice versa ?

I'm a bit confused. You can have one type of KITAS, either work or spousal. You can't have both at the same time.

If you want spousal KITAS, then official cost is still only Rp 2.055.000, this is including MERP.

If you have an employer able to sponsor your KITAS, then the cost should be free to you, since the company is supposed to handle this. They need to get a work permit first, then a KITAS.

Manpower is also now apparently allowing IMTA (work permit) to spousal KITAS, so in this case you can have spousal KITAS first, then your employer needs to apply for IMTA.

I'm a bit confused. You can have one type of KITAS, either work or spousal. You can't have both at the same time.

If you want spousal KITAS, then official cost is still only Rp 2.055.000, this is including MERP.

If you have an employer able to sponsor your KITAS, then the cost should be free to you, since the company is supposed to handle this. They need to get a work permit first, then a KITAS.

Manpower is also now apparently allowing IMTA (work permit) to spousal KITAS, so in this case you can have spousal KITAS first, then your employer needs to apply for IMTA.

Hi @dafluff
Thank you for your answer. Now it's clear that I can have only spouse KITAS and after that I can ask employer to take care of IMTA.

I'm going to apply for spouse KITAS first.
I have couple questions remaining.
1. After General Directorate of Immigration will make decision and approve visa, how long they give time range to visit embassy abroad? What is expiration date for this approval?
2. I recently visited immigration office and they told me that my wife doesn't need to have copy of bank statement (Istri saya tidak punya $1500 di rekening bank nya).
On webpage https://www.expatindo.org/online-kitas-application-procedure/ I can see that the bank statement has to be submitted with the other scanned documents. What is the current state of this rule?

Hi @dafluff
Thank you for your answer. Now it's clear that I can have only spouse KITAS and after that I can ask employer to take care of IMTA.

I'm going to apply for spouse KITAS first.
I have couple questions remaining.
1. After General Directorate of Immigration will make decision and approve visa, how long they give time range to visit embassy abroad? What is expiration date for this approval?
2. I recently visited immigration office and they told me that my wife doesn't need to have copy of bank statement (Istri saya tidak punya $1500 di rekening bank nya).
On webpage https://www.expatindo.org/online-kitas-application-procedure/ I can see that the bank statement has to be submitted with the other scanned documents. What is the current state of this rule?
Quick answers: 1) the approval letter is valid for 60 days; 2) as far as I know the bank statement is still required for the online submission.

Quick answers: 1) the approval letter is valid for 60 days; 2) as far as I know the bank statement is still required for the online submission.
Hello @Jamu

Thank you very much. It helped me to move one step further.
I have email conversation with Indonesian Embassy and recently I received from them:
- The US$1500 funds is only for the visa application and not the prior approval.
How it is on real practice, should my wife submit scanned copy of bank statement for approval letter application? Or the statement is needed only when I will enter Indonesia on a Single Visit Visa and will start the conversion process in local Immigration Office?

Hello @Jamu

Thank you very much. It helped me to move one step further.
I have email conversation with Indonesian Embassy and recently I received from them:
- The US$1500 funds is only for the visa application and not the prior approval.
How it is on real practice, should my wife submit scanned copy of bank statement for approval letter application? Or the statement is needed only when I will enter Indonesia on a Single Visit Visa and will start the conversion process in local Immigration Office?
The online Kitas application system will ask for the submission of a scanned copy of the sponsor's bank statement as part of your visa application. You would then need to bring the hard copy with you to immigration once you have obtained the Vitas approval in principle letter, gone to the overseas embassy to collect your Vitas stamp, and then returned to Indonesia to complete the formalities of converting Vitas to Kitas.

Thank you @dafluff, @Jamu
I have obtained KITAS.

In a different sources there more documents mentioned that need to process after KITAS.
1. SKLD ( surat keterangan lapor diri ) dari Mabes Polri Source#1
2. SKSKPS (Surat Keterangan Susunan Keluarga Penduduk Sementara) Source#2
Do they still required for 2019 ?

4. Photocopy of letter from your embassy recognizing your marriage in Indonesia.
I remember this was the thing that caused me the biggest problem for the KITAP, since my embassy does not have a system to recognise or validate marriages of its citizens. In the end immigration accepted a signed statement from me stating that I am married and the statement was witnessed by the embassy (although the embassy also wrote that they could not verify if the statement was correct or not!). Anyway it was accepted by immigration (I don't think they even read it, they just saw the embassy stamp).

In a different sources there more documents mentioned that need to process after KITAS.

Yet again a source you have to take with a kilo of salt. And that Emerhub one is referenced quite a bit in forums on Indonesia ?

You did your Immigration registration process. But there is also a civil registration necessary. So that is correct.

Since quite a long time ago you don't need a STM from the police anymore.

But but but: you still need a so called SKTT, a local identity card. Very important. Bit like the KTP of your spouse.

And for that card, you are sometimes forced to do the police registration anyway. Depends on where you live, some do and some don't. No need to debate or discuss, they won't change their idea or procedure.

There are some threads on the forum discussing the SKTT and the procedure and requirements.

Thank you @dafluff, @Jamu
I have obtained KITAS.

Hi Zyrcon.

1. SKLD (and STM) is no longer required.
2. SKSKPS is obsolete. The current civil registration document you need is SKTT (for KITAS holders) or KTP-OA for KITAP holders.

We have an article explaining the process of getting SKTT or KTP-OA:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back