How Indonesian resort island Bali became a refuge for Ukrainians and Russians

The history of Islam in Java is enough to fill several books. The short version is that the original Javanese Islam is positively different from Arabic Islam. Of course the Arabs call it the ‘wrong’ kind of Islam, just like Catholics call Protestants the wrong kind of Christians.
Was it you Nimbus that some years ago posted a link to a published statement by an Arab scholar, Iman, or something that spoke of the influence and change in Islamist practices that came about with the end of Suharto and the rise in Arab/Indonesian, educated in the ME, led mass organizations. Interesting read but I am unable to search it here. I had saved it but a tablet drop of 5 feet to a tile covered concrete floor did away with it among other things finding resting areas within said tablet.

Sorry if it was not you who posted it. Perhaps the poster who did reads this and repost the link.

I will say that the primary changes came to appearance by way of the Arab world and mostly through threats of males being poor to bad Muslims if the Arab ways were not followed and did not enforce them within their families and communities.

...beauty pageants, miss wold, miss universe, all are showing their bodies and they are proud of it. Noone is forcing them. Not to mention body builders are showing their bodies, muscles to public to earn money.
Well, at least body builders are not trying to score points by pretending to care about social issues, trying to save the rain forests and hoping for world peace.

View attachment 3287
Another picture of Cara Delevingne - very messed up person.
She is getting sober now.
These are her new posh looks. Back to look like a super model. This is how she appears in Vogue Magazine September 2023 Ed, Elle at her 30yo. Do I still look like a junky ??

cara-e1690384495905-1024x576.jpg

Also in other magazines.
She is probably mocking paparazzi who captured her look while on drug when she walked like a zombie arriving at the Van Nuys Airport in LA. This was a video clip of her look with her bodyguard and girlfriend at that time, very unstable and jittery outside the airport.

Attachments

• VO0423_CoverStory_01.jpg
    VO0423_CoverStory_01.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 41
  • CrTCUtxRRkBGxXbeoNFuk6-1024-80.jpg
    CrTCUtxRRkBGxXbeoNFuk6-1024-80.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
It was Gigi Hadid in Cayman Islands last month sorry
Another entitled druggie "model"

Was it you Nimbus that some years ago posted a link to a published statement by an Arab scholar, Iman, or something that spoke of the influence and change in Islamist practices that came about with the end of Suharto and the rise in Arab/Indonesian, educated in the ME, led mass organizations. Interesting read but I am unable to search it here. I had saved it but a tablet drop of 5 feet to a tile covered concrete floor did away with it among other things finding resting areas within said tablet.

Sorry if it was not you who posted it. Perhaps the poster who did reads this and repost the link.

I will say that the primary changes came to appearance by way of the Arab world and mostly through threats of males being poor to bad Muslims if the Arab ways were not followed and did not enforce them within their families and communities.
I don’t remember. These days I hardly remember what I ate for lunch yesterday, let alone what I posted several years ago.

I do remember saying something about Suharto’s attempt to shore up support for his regime be coopting Muslim scholars, which is similar to what the Saud royal family does. In the process he unwittingly made Arabic Islam fashionable, which is highly ironic considering Suharto was a Javanese through and through, and was practicing it the Javanese way.

"I have no connection with Intan apart from sharing the same views. "
"Also keep in mind if it does not have a view now, it does not mean it will not be in the future. "

As far as I am aware sharing the same views as someone is not indicative of how many views someone has had on youtube!!!

"I have no connection with Intan apart from sharing the same views. "
"Also keep in mind if it does not have a view now, it does not mean it will not be in the future. "

As far as I am aware sharing the same views as someone is not indicative of how many views someone has had on youtube!!!
Well certainly not, unless they explicitly mention it. I wonder how to determine if random people on the internet share the same views with other random people. I wasn't aware that anyone ever said this in this forum.

You can observe the view count directly from each video, but the view count is an entirely different thing from sharing the same view/opinion.

I do understand that people who join a swinger club or visit an FKK resort will likely share similar views to some extent. :p :p :p

Last edited:
Well certainly not, unless they explicitly mention it. I wonder how to determine if random people on the internet share the same views with other random people. I wasn't aware that anyone ever said this in this forum.

You can observe the view count directly from each video, but the view count is an entirely different thing from sharing the same view/opinion.

I do understand that people who join a swinger club or visit an FKK resort will likely share similar views to some extent. :p :p :p
"
Well certainly not," Then why did you make the 2 statements that I quoted. First you say that you share her views then equate this with views on youtube. "if it does not have a view now, it does not mean it will not be in the future. " Why you would think that it hasn't had any views when you yourself have viewed it beats me.

" Why you would think that it hasn't had any views when you yourself have viewed it beats me. ?

I don't even understand what you're talking about. You mentioned that one of her videos did not have any views. She has many videos, and I don't know which one you're referring to. How did you determine which video I watched when she has so many? Do you really think I've watched every single video she has created? This is like a dialogue of the deaf. This shouldn't be happening if people understand how content creators on YouTube actually earn money and how to see the view count.

Didn't you see what she has been doing in her videos? Couldn't you draw conclusions she is an expressionist earning money to what she has been doing? I share the same view that people should be given the freedom to be expressionists and taking advantage of what they have and earn money.

You are the person who said she doesn't have a brain just because she is an expressionist, showcasing her attractiveness, looks with various bikinis / thongs taking advantage of it to make money. Other people males or females are using their looks, bodies for their advantage in "onlyfans" to earn money.

This is what you said, so you do not divert from the previous comment

1691603182977.png

I challenged that statement – how could a person label another person as unintelligent just because she poses with bikimis. thongs?

I have provided numerous examples of people posing in various types of lingerie, such as Miss World and Miss Universe beauty pageant contestants, as well as supermodels. Some lingerie models from "Victoria's Secret" even become supermodels themselves. Are they all bimbos?

From a male perspective, let's consider bodybuilders. David Beckham and Ronaldo used to pose for Giorgio Armani wearing underwear. They have been commended for their styles. They even do more than "Intan" as they posed topless :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If a lady or a woman with style cannot see that it is a piece of artistic masterpiece, they might need an eye surgery.
:p:p

Unless they have a better alternative, it is a smart decision to use your competitive advantage to earn money. This is based on well-grounded economic theory from a well-known economist, "David Ricardo." Ricardo's theory was originally developed for a nation competitiveness but could be applied to individual level.

These individuals might be earning more money than the average person, not to mention when compared to the average Indonesian

Attachments

• david-beckham-5-2-0dda2a119cce4bccb9001b7832e980e2.jpg
    david-beckham-5-2-0dda2a119cce4bccb9001b7832e980e2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 54
  • fashion-blogs-slaves-to-fashion-2010-01-14-0114cristiano-ronald-armani_fa.jpg
    fashion-blogs-slaves-to-fashion-2010-01-14-0114cristiano-ronald-armani_fa.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
"You mentioned that one of her videos did not have any views."
I never said any such thing. I said that she herself did not have any views (as in those views that you say that you share with her).
How could I work out which video you had watched. Err, you posted a link to one of her videos. I think its reasonable to assume that you watched that video.
"how could a person label another person as unintelligent just because she poses with bikimis. thongs?" I never said that she was unintelligent because she poses with bikinis. How many times do you need things explaining to you? I watched the video!!! As Balfrog said she "does come over as a bit of an airhead " Do you think he said that because she was wearing a bikini or because he watched the video?
"it is a piece of artistic masterpiece" Really? I don't see any feedback saying, wow, what an artistic masterpiece.
Clearly for you money is the decider of intelligence. So explain to me how a total dickhead like jeff bezos can be so dumb.

"it is a piece of artistic masterpiece" Really? I don't see any feedback saying, wow, what an artistic masterpiece.
This is what I said: Please re-read
"If a lady or a woman with style cannot see that it is a piece of artistic masterpiece, they might need an eye surgery."

Did I ever say there was a feedback or it is a personal opinion ?? Is it a problem with comprehension ?? But they have been commended for their styles.

Certainly, David Beckham, Ronaldo, or other models are not as intellectually astute as titans like Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, and Mark Zuckerberg. However, they generate income by leveraging their other competitive advantages, such as their physical appearances and looks, which is a smart move supported by the well-grounded economic comparative advantage theory from David Ricardo.

At that time they were young, fit, tall, good looking. Win win situation, "Giorgio Armani" maintain their position as a leading luxury brand for man underwear, boxers, trunks, these guys make reasonable amount of money. At that era even Paris Hilton did a one night stand with Ronaldo. Another win-win for Ronaldo & Paris. The only negativity is that Paris made a publicity stunt thereafter that Ronaldo was not manly enough in bed that she was expecting. :LOL: :LOL:

This was how they look. Some guys might need an eye surgery or probably might need to learn more about style. :
61648d3cb87da-ronaldo-dan-paris-hilton_1265_711.jpg

Paris-Hilton-Left-Cristiano-Ronaldo.jpg

To me and certainly some people out there, and might be the brand owner, the images in the previous posts #158 is artistic and they carry some values and styles.

How many luxurious brands out there are willing to hire a short, overweight model with a pot belly to advertise their brands?

Clearly for you money is the decider of intelligence. So explain to me how a total dickhead like jeff bezos can be so dumb.

Is Jeff Bezos 'dumb'? This explanation accounts for many things. When you label someone as 'dumb,' it implies a sense of considering oneself superior and smarter than that person. However, I respect that everyone is entitled to their own personal opinion.

I never said that when people are wealthy, it will automatically imply that they are intelligent. However, when they become self-made millionaires, billionaires not acquiring wealth through inheritance, they are more likely to be more intelligent than ordinary people.

Last edited:
I never said that when people are wealthy, it will automatically imply that they are intelligent.
Americans would say "If you were smart, you would be rich", or "If you're so smart, why aren't you rich?"?

Steve Jobs said give the hardest job to the laziest person because they will find the easiest way to do it.

And Einstein said the internet will ruin us all. He really did.

We all know we have some stupid people in the US. We admit it and show it openly in our vast array of medias every time we show the current GOP and MAGA followers. At least we are willing to admit it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke