Fair and peaceful campaigning?

Third time right time I guess?

These guys feared for their lives and the female teacher went to the police with BCA and supermarket receiots to prove she wasn't there.

Obviously the Prabowo camp will help him with legal support. And they requested Jokowi to 'forgive'. ?

NB: The guy stated he was from Poso. And that is raher sensitive with the RI police force since it took quite some efforts to take out Santoso and his militants.

Last edited:
Perhaps you would care now to explain the Indonesian election process to Indonesians?

Well, perhaps that's still necessary. If Prabowo still believes professor (!!! ?) Laode with his advanced semi-real count system integrated with sms that stated he would win with almost 70%. (Now he's on 55%.)

On the parties that won't make the threshold and what happens with their votes:

3zrkbzm50sal.net-resizeimage%20(1).jpg

The allocation of these 'lost' votes goes via the Webster - Sainte-Laguë method.

That is a rather popular allocation system; they divide the votes by ods 1, 3, 5, 7 etc.

So the biggest party gets the vote, then the amount of votes of the nr1 is divided by 3 and the new largest gets the vote. Then the whole cycle repeats itself when the amount of the largest party is divided by 5 and the biggest gets the vote, etc. etc. I think a method like that would be similar to a 3:2:1 division here in the end but who am I....

Last edited:
I am looking forward to the real count reaching the point when Jokowi's lead exceeds the number of remaining votes; it should happen around Friday. That is when I will run a victory lap of tweeting at the vilest of the 02 mob (ie: people who called me "anjing kafir" when I made pro-Jokowi tweets before). Extremist twitter folks are about to lose their sh*t, and it will be glorious!!!

Bad losers hold on to their hatred and anger so whatever Tweets nd Eric post I hope he can't be traced.

Do you remember the controversy about the benificial effect on people's health by drinking camel milk mixed with camel urine? ?

The promoter of that miracle juice, Bachtiar Nasir, ex head of PA212, is in the news again. He still had some open legal cases, e.g. for moving funds of the 2/12 demonstrations to Turkey. He probably got the renewed interest and attention of the legal forces since he was rather active for Prabowo lately.

I think Bachtiar was out of stock since he's gone ..... to Saudi Arabia.

When he didn't show up for police questioning for the third time, they found out he had left the country. Luckily the communication between him (well, in fact his lawyer) and the police force is still constructive and very positive, according to a police general. So I guess they expect him to return ??

images

Bachtiar can drink as much camel piss as he likes. I'm just gonna watch.

Arief Poyuon, the vice of Gerindra, states that people don't have to pay their taxes. Since we don't recognize the voting results, the government is not legit, so our obligations towards the administration are invalid....?

It's all dripping with simplism.

Ah, opa Rais realized people power is not such a smart slogan to use anymore, so he introduced Gerakan Kedaulatan Rakya. You can translate that as sovereign movement of the people.
cymmzf8bk.net-resizeimage%20(9).jpg

^ Perhaps (requesting) beheading is more probable...

They just arrested the guy.

There have been rather nasty reactions that the Chinese boy who threatened Jokowi was treated differently from the man who has been arrested now.

Bang Jack (cool name), the police officer who handles both cases, gives a reaction on the sarcastic social media postings that we seem to live in the People's Republic of China:

The bottom line is that because of being a minor (17) the name and face of the other person was not communicated and not shown. Also, the investigation is still ongoing and the boy has certainly not been acquitted ...

Warning.

If you're in Jakarta on the 22nd, so this Wednesday, be careful for the mass demonstration that is expected. They're trying to get millions to the city. It really could get out of hand. Esp. with people taking the chance to riot and for looting I expect there could be major clashes with armed forces.

? 22 May ❌
Avoid all public places in the center.

1rpyoyyvt572.net-resizeimage%20(7).jpg

x1rkd6emgps1d.net-resizeimage%20(9).jpg

There has been a lot of inflammatory language.

NB: Prabowo is smart; he left for Brunei.

Last edited:
There is WA circulating about BIN and Densus 88 warning to avoid shopping malls in Jakarta, Surabaya and Bali today and tomorrow.

What is Prabowo doing in Brunei?

Covering his @ss.

Officially evaluating and monitoring the situation. Why? It beats me.

Now of course it's a dangerous game they're playing.

On one hand the spokesperson of Gerindra (Prabowo's party) states that there will be no demonstrations if the government agrees to IT supported recounts of the voting results.

But of course, as always, many of their followers are not interested in any recount, voting or even democracy. They have their own agenda and the militants need conflict. Only then there will be a power vacuum and lack of security and governing. And these calls by Amien Rais for public demonstrations to get what they want, plays into their hands.

Something I still can't wrap my head around, is that the moderate voice of those who voted for Prabowo, seems to be completely gone or lost. It can simply not be that all these people are convinced the whole election was completely falsified, can it?

It's gonna be ok.

Now I'm worried about Indonesia 5 years later. Who is going to challenge Prabowo then? Jokowi is constitutionally barred from running again.

It's gonna be ok.

Now I'm worried about Indonesia 5 years later. Who is going to challenge Prabowo then? Jokowi is constitutionally barred from running again.
Sandi will be ascendant; he was arguably more popular than Prabowo this year. Put together a ticket of Sandi & some religious figure, and they will be pretty formidable.

Sandiaga, Agus, or someone else in PDIP. They are a big nationalist party and are opposed to the Suharto clan.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc