DON'T PANIC.... well, maybe a little bit.

Anyone else get these sms messages?

In order for the pandemic to end soon, don't hesitate to get vaccinated. The COVID-19 vaccine is guaranteed safe and effective by the POM and halal through the MUI Fatwa. covid19.go.id (Google translated).

Not that one in particular, but I've been getting similar Covid public service announcements via SMS.

As surely as Corona continues to spread around the world I am afraid that the economic impact as demonstrated by riots in Tunisia today will also become an increasing phenomenon. Thousands of young Tunisians have rioted demanding jobs and help. No money, no food. Things are likely to get a whole lot worse before they get better.

Stay healthy and only panic a tiny bit.

As surely as Corona continues to spread around the world I am afraid that the economic impact as demonstrated by riots in Tunisia today will also become an increasing phenomenon. Thousands of young Tunisians have rioted demanding jobs and help. No money, no food. Things are likely to get a whole lot worse before they get better.

Stay healthy and only panic a tiny bit.

Nature has created Covid.
Human stupidity has created the economic disaster.

Panic has NEVER helped in any circumstances.

Besides that : Tunisia has probably bigger problems than Covid.....

Most hospitals are full, some have patients waiting in the hallway for an ICU room or even a bed space. In the meanwhile, hospitals are making a windfall from selling their private rooms as quarantine quarters for self-paying asymptomatic customers (isolasi mandiri). I do not think this is right or fair to sick patients. ‘Isolasi Mandiri’ must be somewhere else (e.g. hotels), not in hospitals.

They are using hotels and I was told when I arrived in Jakarta, the quarintine hotels listed on Garuda's website are apparently already full.

Some like Twin Plaza Hotel are being used specifically for those who tested positive while in the quarintine after arriving in Indonesia.

And this is about me
while still in egypt, i was infected with covid 19, but never knew exactly when it was.
We did rapid test antibody immediately when our driver shown red eyes and fever.
The results, my wife and daughters are negative both IgM and IgG while myself had IgG positive and IgM negative then I asked for PCR test, the result is negative. Then another rapid test, lgG still positive.
That's mean I was infected at least two weeks before, No traces of virus genetic anymore, and my body has develop the long term Immunity.
I never feel anything wrong, in fact my VO2max in the last two months steadily 46-47 which is excellent for my ages, the O2 saturation was typically 97-99, no fever.
On January 9' we had another PCR test for travel and another PCR test on 19, both negative

Interesting enough, I saw a sign at Central park this afternoon saying masks like #6 aren't allowed/accapetable.

Some good news on vaccination: It appears that vaccination significantly reduces the hospitalization rate after 18 days of the first dose. This is the Pfizer vaccine, which requires a 2nd shot after 21 days.

Israel has the world's most successful vaccination campaign so far, with 3.6 million doses administered on a population of 9 million.

And this is about me
while still in egypt, i was infected with covid 19, but never knew exactly when it was.
We did rapid test antibody immediately when our driver shown red eyes and fever.
The results, my wife and daughters are negative both IgM and IgG while myself had IgG positive and IgM negative then I asked for PCR test, the result is negative. Then another rapid test, lgG still positive.
That's mean I was infected at least two weeks before, No traces of virus genetic anymore, and my body has develop the long term Immunity.
I never feel anything wrong, in fact my VO2max in the last two months steadily 46-47 which is excellent for my ages, the O2 saturation was typically 97-99, no fever.
On January 9' we had another PCR test for travel and another PCR test on 19, both negative

Your case proves that a person can be infected, remain asymptomatic throughout until full recovery. In other words, some people may never know they have been infected before unless they tested themselves.

Interesting enough, I saw a sign at Central park this afternoon saying masks like #6 aren't allowed/accapetable.

One problem with mask #6 is you don't know which side or part to use each time, which one is "in" and which one is "out", reversing means taking in the trapped virus.

Last edited:

I think the scary bit in that article is the bit that reads:

Laboratory tests show Moderna’s Covid-19 jab still works against the variant named 501. V2, which emerged in South Africa, and B.1.1.7, which was first discovered in the UK, the company said.

But it warned that the neutralising antibody response to 501. V2 was sixfold lower than to the original variant, raising concerns that immunity to it may wane significantly, particularly in older people.
But, taken in isolation, that is potentially misleading. The Moderna vaccine seems to be just as effective against the South African variant, but the concern is that it may not last as long. It is possible that an additional (third) booster shot may be required - particularly for older people. However, even that is slightly speculative at this stage.

Whether that is true for Moderna (much less other vaccines) is something we probably won’t know with certainty for several months.

I can wait, for a double or triple booster shot, that is. Its possible that, like the flue vaccination, it will be advisable to get an annual Covid-19 booster. That's an extremely small inconvenience, as far as I am concerned.

I can wait, for a double or triple booster shot, that is. Its possible that, like the flue vaccination, it will be advisable to get an annual Covid-19 booster. That's an extremely small inconvenience, as far as I am concerned.

An annual jab? Not so "convenient" in Indonesia.

Could be done with kitas renewal

In Dubai you have to pass an HIV test to get a residence visa

Could be done with kitas renewal

In Dubai you have to pass an HIV test to get a residence visa

Kitas renewal is annual, so it's possible. But how to do that for kitap holders (if annual vaccine booster is required)?

The HIV test is just once, not annually.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs