DON'T PANIC.... well, maybe a little bit.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
It is not a secret that PCR tests can give false negatives (about 20% of the time), and also false positives.

And as I just found out about there being a chance of a false positive. I took the test yesterday and got the results back today saying I am negative.

So within a a week I have had 2 negative results and 1 positive result.

Dave70

Cager
False Result probably depends on the technician doing the analysis as humans make mistakes.

Probably the type or quality of reagent for the PCR also has something to do with accuracy.

By the way, if the governor is still carrying the virus, then he is a walking spreader now as he is reported to be traveling to the earthquake disaster area. https://nasional.sindonews.com/read...-bersatu-bantu-korban-gempa-sulbar-1610708496

Vulgarian

And as I just found out about there being a chance of a false positive. I took the test yesterday and got the results back today saying I am negative.

So within a a week I have had 2 negative results and 1 positive result.
And still feeling well?

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
Never felt unwell to begin with which is why when they told me I had tested positive I didn't believe it and wanted to be retested asap.
I believe there is a website to help you relieve the boredom ;) (if they continue to keep you locked away)

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
Turns out the segments of Covidiots, Anti-vaxxers, and self-centered egoists are closely overlapping. Who would've thought? :eek:
If natural selection works like Darwin proffered, the numbers with such a disposition are a shrinking portion of the population.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
I believe there is a website to help you relieve the boredom ;) (if they continue to keep you locked away)

Well I got released last night after the latest test result came back negative. Hence why I and a few others believe I had a false positive.

And thank you for the suggestion, but I think I will pass. :peace:

Balifrog

If natural selection works like Darwin proffered, the numbers with such a disposition are a shrinking portion of the population.
Some are obviously running short of factual counter arguments to reply to my post, and can only resort to this kind of stuff....

A bit weak IMO and not a sign of great intellect.....

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
It is here to stay. Same as 100's of other diseases.
Not a problem of masks or "social distancing".
So, we better relax, continue our lives as normal and accept that you can die from Covid.
Same as 100's of thousands die of cancer, heart attacks, strokes, diabetes, car accidents etc.....without anybody making a drama about it.
Shutting down the whole world economy for this is pure madness.
Look at the age of 85% of the "victims".....Old people die, it's nature.

And before you ask, I am 68, so I closer to the exit than to the entrance, and fully aware of that. Hence I continue to enjoy my whisky, my restaurants, and would continue travel if some idiots did not stop me.

And I survived a "very exotic" life in SEA since 30 y without vaccine (or condom), so I am not gonna change now.
But I have no problem with people doing it another way, just DON'T impose your views to me. To each his own.
It may well be here to stay.
For some 'strange' reason it has taken the authorities globally (bar a few countries) by surprise.
The main factor of this illness is that it has overwhelmed medical facilities and hospitals to the point that they are on the verge of collapse.
Not sure cancer and car crashes have had quite the same affect.

Re imposing views- it is more than that- because by going maskless & travelling you are potentially contributing to deaths- I guess from your viewpoint you are one who would drive a car pissed & suggest that others on the streets should be the ones to watch out ?
Other than that you really don't seem to have said anything worthwhile.
Perhaps that is why no-one wishes to get into it with you?

Balifrog

Re imposing views- it is more than that- because by going maskless & travelling you are potentially contributing to deaths- I guess from your viewpoint you are one who would drive a car pissed & suggest that others on the streets should be the ones to watch o

Completely wrong.

I loved it when people who have no f...i.g clue about who I am, make judgments like that ....

Honestly, I am simply tired reading all the doom and gloom stuff "we will all die if we don't wear a mask" ....etc.....

You see, I dont wear a mask in my street when nobody in a 30 m radius for my whole walk. I will make people happy in Carrefour and wear one.
On the other hand you will NEVER see me boarding a low cost carrier in Indonesia...

"Worthwile" ? Does that mean "bowing to the flow" "

Dont be so pretentious, please, Madame ....

PS : Note that I remain civil and polite ? Although this is my 3rd language....

But I accept you point of view, so please accept that we are not all sheeps, and some people have different opinions ?

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
Completely wrong.

I loved it when people who have no f...i.g clue about who I am, make judgments like that ....

Honestly, I am simply tired reading all the doom and gloom stuff "we will all die if we don't wear a mask" ....etc.....

You see, I dont wear a mask in my street when nobody in a 30 m radius for my whole walk. I will make people happy in Carrefour and wear one.
On the other hand you will NEVER see me boarding a low cost carrier in Indonesia...

"Worthwile" ? Does that mean "bowing to the flow" "

Dont be so pretentious, please, Madame ....

PS : Note that I remain civil and polite ? Although this is my 3rd language....

But I accept you point of view, so please accept that we are not all sheeps, and some people have different opinions ?
So you wear a mask in crowded places, you don't wear a mask where there is little to no risk of potentially spreading the virus...
and you dodge LLCs here.
So perhaps your earlier message was unclear enough to demonstrate you viewpoint?
I am unsure of how you would claim that you remained polite- however for argument's sake you believe you are being polite "Madame".

I also wear a mask where there is risk of spread, don't where there isn't & dodge LCCs here.

Would it be fair to say you are making arguments where there is no argument to be made, Madame?
I do not believe I have been pretentious in the least. I stand by what i said, unless you can make your actual points clearer then you are talking & saying nowt- and that is why no-one is bothering to respond/react.
Re you speaking 3 languages - whoopie-doo, so what, you are far from alone in here, I speak several, my husband speaks 3 ...
You chose to use this place and use the language specified in this place same as the rest of us.

Now - what were you saying?

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
To assist you with your 3rd language:

pre·ten·tious
/prəˈten(t)SHəs/

adjective
attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.
"a pretentious literary device"

FTR- I have little to no interest in impressing anyone, never really have had, never really will have :D That's how I roll.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
They see her rollin'
Her keyboard
She know they're all thinking
I'm trollin

;)

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
Some are obviously running short of factual counter arguments to reply to my post, and can only resort to this kind of stuff....

A bit weak IMO and not a sign of great intellect.....
I don't recall suggesting that my speculation was a response to something you said; it was to calm the outrage of those concerned that Covidiots, Anti-vaxxers, and self-centered egoists will be the death of us all.

Dave70

Cager
Look at the age of 85% of the "victims".....Old people die, it's nature.

23 deaths associated with covid-19 vaccination of which 13 have been assessed. Common adverse reactions may have contributed to a severe course in elderly people who are frail.

All reports of suspected adverse reactions with fatal outcome following vaccination are carefully assessed.

- The reports suggest that common adverse reactions to mRNA vaccines, such as fever and nausea, may have contributed to a fatal outcome in some frail patients, says Sigurd Hortemo, chief physician at the Norwegian Medicines Agency.

The large studies on Comirnaty (BioNTec/Pfizer) did not include patients with unstable or acute illness - and included few participants over 85 years of age. In Norway we are now vaccinating the elderly and people in nursing homes with serious underlying diseases, therefore it is expected that deaths close to the time vaccination may occur. In Norway, an average of 400 people die each week in nursing homes and long-term care facilities.

All deaths that occur within the first few days of vaccination are carefully assessed. We cannot rule out that adverse reactions to the vaccine occurring within the first days following vaccination (such as fever and nausea) may contribute to more serious course and fatal outcome in patients with severe underlying disease.

https://legemiddelverket.no/nyheter...d-with-deaths-in-elderly-people-who-are-frail

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
Anyone else get these sms messages?

In order for the pandemic to end soon, don't hesitate to get vaccinated. The COVID-19 vaccine is guaranteed safe and effective by the POM and halal through the MUI Fatwa. covid19.go.id (Google translated).

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Notanexpat