DON'T PANIC.... well, maybe a little bit.

The oximeter is useful if you know/suspect that you have Covid. If the reading gets close to 90% or below, you need to see a doctor just in case it gets much lower and calls for a respirator.

You know, it’s very convenient that the newly released Apple Watch series 6 has an oximeter. I imagine that you can set it to automatically check several times a day. I’m seriously gonna pick one up later this week.

If you have time for my question... How to use oximeter? What should be the normal reading? What to do if above or below the normal range? Does it mean you need more oxygen? Does it mean you may have C19?

It clips to the end of your finger and gives a reading which should be 95-99 in a healthy person. If a low oxygen reading is observed it can be an early sign of C19 infection.

Oximeters don't work for smokers, which is a lot of people in Indonesia, because they detect carbon monoxide as oxygen and give higher readings.

If you have time for my question... How to use oximeter? What should be the normal reading? What to do if above or below the normal range? Does it mean you need more oxygen? Does it mean you may have C19?

We are dumb on medical aspects, however we use these tools to regularly check ourself. So, we knows our typical results, for oximeter not less than 95. If we are not feeling well and drop below to 90, then simply call the expert (luckily we have few MD relatives) or company MD to get their advise.
Fortunately, so far are okay

Oximeters don't work for smokers, which is a lot of people in Indonesia, because they detect carbon monoxide as oxygen and give higher readings.
one if my biggest achievement is totally quit smoking more than 15 years ago.

So if one's number is above 90 can Covid19 be ruled out? Thinking if it's worth it to purchase the device...so far by checking tokopedia, I think the price is not too bad (max Rp 300rb)

So if one's number is above 90 can Covid19 be ruled out? Thinking if it's worth it to purchase the device...so far by checking tokopedia, I think the price is not too bad (max Rp 300rb)
No - you could have a mild dose of covid and still have normal readings. The device measures how effectively your body is at oxygenating itself. This can be impacted by many things - respiratory illness is just one such factor (e.g. COVID or pnemonia).
Its just a general health indicator that something is not right if you consistencly have how scores.

So if one's number is above 90 can Covid19 be ruled out?
Think of a <90 number as an early warning sign of a possible and potentially severe case of Covid. Having a 90+ or even a 99 does not rule out having an asymptomatic or presymptomatic Covid infection.

You know, it’s very convenient that the newly released Apple Watch series 6 has an oximeter. I imagine that you can set it to automatically check several times a day. I’m seriously gonna pick one up later this week.
The almighty algorithm suggested this review to me:
It seems the oximeter is highly unreliable on the wrist (but good if you move it to your finger tips) and I've seen no mention of automatic checking. If that is a primary reason to purchase an expensive device, you may reconsider, especially since a fingertip oximeter is only 5% the cost.

Well, nuclear is the most dangerous thing , well at least one of the most dangerous.

Now have a look at the 3 pictures, all taken by the crazy frog in his young days. Distance around 15 to 20 nautical miles. Look at our "dresscode" ...
And you kow what ? We aint all dead....
And no, we are not "super heroes", just guys doing our job. And enjoying it. And 45 years later, still able to enjoy a Bintang on the beach without mask....

View attachment 1576View attachment 1577View attachment 1578

Edit : And you want I wear a mask when going for a Bintang in Sanur because of a fecking hypothetical virus because TV told me so ?

Although I disagree with the Frogman's attitude toward the wearing of masks I can somehow understand him given the threat he has obviously endured during his life after exposure to nuclear radiation.

I wonder what sort of oxygenation levels you need to get the sort of low grade headaches I've been having since I started smoking (rollies) again.

So apparently, my apartment complex was visited by Anies and some other big wigs from Police and Military this morning to put up a few signs that had ABC apartment on it. I asked security what it meant and he just said 'good'.

So it could be the government is checking to see what apartments are doing just like their surprise visits at restrauents.

So apparently, my apartment complex was visited by Anies and some other big wigs from Police and Military this morning to put up a few signs that had ABC apartment on it. I asked security what it meant and he just said 'good'.

So it could be the government is checking to see what apartments are doing just like their surprise visits at restrauents.
My office was inspected by 5 people from DISNAKER a week an a half ago to ensure we are operating according to the PSBB regulation. Thankfully they were satisfied. I was actually impressed with how carefully they checked everything.
So they are checking!

Although I disagree with the Frogman's attitude toward the wearing of masks I can somehow understand him given the threat he has obviously endured during his life after exposure to nuclear radiation.
Mate,
My body has definitively suffered more from several decades of partying, gin tonic, Jack Daniels, etc.. than from the dozen of nuke test I was present at.
Believe me.
But hell, it was fun and worth every minute and $ of it !

So Trump has the rona...a few things come to mind:

1. I hope he beats it. No need for martyrdom, although I guess it would be deliciously ironic.
2. If he gets a mild version, he will probably say "See, I told you Covid was nothing...".
3. Maybe it's a ploy for sympathy or for avoiding the debate?
4. Did he give it to Biden? Is there a procedure in place for when both presidential candidates are incapacitated? Is it VP vs VP?

I recall one commentator saying that every person on Biden's side back stage was wearing a mask, less than half were on Trump's side. How many are now infected?

During Tuesday night’s presidential debate at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, Ohio a doctor from the Cleveland Clinic approached audience members on Donald Trump’s side of the hall, including the president’s four adult children, asked them to wear masks and offered protective face coverings.

Members of Trump’s entourage, including his children, refused, even though mask-wearing in the Samson Pavilion on the university’s main campus was mandated to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Business Insider, Bloomberg and NBC News all reported.

Trump wouldn't abide by the rules of the debate, that's petty and childish. His family wouldn't abide by simple rules designed to save lives, that's appalling and outrageous!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs