DON'T PANIC.... well, maybe a little bit.

I recall Trump said during the 'debate' that he didn't need to wear a mask because everyone there had been tested. The Yahoo article above mentions again that all 80-100 in attendance had been tested. That means that both Trump and Melania likely contracted it traveling to the debate, at the debate, or traveling back from the debate. It also means it will be a few more days before the worst symptoms are likely to arise.

So Trump has the rona...a few things come to mind:

1. I hope he beats it. No need for martyrdom, although I guess it would be deliciously ironic.
2. If he gets a mild version, he will probably say "See, I told you Covid was nothing...".
3. Maybe it's a ploy for sympathy or for avoiding the debate?
4. Did he give it to Biden? Is there a procedure in place for when both presidential candidates are incapacitated? Is it VP vs VP?
or it could be Biden gave it to him?

The reliability of tests depends very much on the tests being conducted perfectly. Even then there are cases of false positive and false negatives. Then much depends on the kind of tests with documented instances of incorrect results 30% of the time and with an earlier Chinese made kit, 50% incorrect.

So simply relying on the fact that everyone at the presidential debate had been tested does not guarantee safety.

My wife is travelling to Bandung from Bali next week and was tested yesterday at the airport with a blood analysis and given a Covid free certificate allowing her to travel. I have advised her that she ought wear a mask while travelling, including in flight.

Would the president be helicoptered off to Walter Reed, and E-6B Mercury's launched off both coasts to potentially coordinate world ending nuclear strikes, if this was "just like the flu"? :unsure:

Or does Trump just want to take everyone with him? :eek:

So Trump is being treated with an experimental drug literally days off Phase 3 trials, the company making it just released a press release on Sept 29th. Weird.

The rest of his regiment include zinc, vitamin D, famotidine, melatonin and a daily aspirin.

And about an hour ago, it was reported that he is also given Remdesivir.

That's quite the regiment for "just like the flu"...but I suppose they're not leaving anything up to chance.

PS: No Hydroxychloroquine apparently 🤷‍♂️ .

I recall Trump said during the 'debate' that he didn't need to wear a mask because everyone there had been tested. The Yahoo article above mentions again that all 80-100 in attendance had been tested. That means that both Trump and Melania likely contracted it traveling to the debate, at the debate, or traveling back from the debate. It also means it will be a few more days before the worst symptoms are likely to arise.

Could also be that the quick test the White House employed generated false negatives.

Who knows what Trump is taking or the severity of his condition. The White House has not been particularly forthcoming or transparent about anything that they view as having the potential to damage the President politically. That was evident again by the conflicting reports from the WH after the positive test was Twittered.

Could also be that the quick test the White House employed generated false negatives.

“[The Trump family] didn’t arrive until Tuesday afternoon. So for them to get tested, there wouldn’t have been enough time to have the test and have the debate at 9:00 that night. They didn’t show up until 3:00, 4:00, 5:00 in the afternoon. There was an honor system when it came to the people that came into the hall from the two campaigns.” - Chris Wallace, the debate moderator
Trump and "honor system". Not a room I would want to be in.

Something seems awfully off for this whole trump and covid. His doctors and WH staff can not get their stories straight. He gets rushed off to Walter Reed because they wanted the public to see him walking to the copter and not on a gurney. He was on oxygen in the WH which has now been confirmed but he is fine. Starts a treatment that is at best experimental and not approved for use. Next day starts another type of treatment that goes on for 5 days. Next day adds yet a third type of treatment. All treatments say they have good possibilities but primarily for those in the late stages of the disease. But, he is just fine.

Says tested positive after his fundraiser and may hours after being informed Hope Hicks was showing signs and tested positive. His doctor states he was positive the day prior later correcting that. Came down with symptoms a day after testing positive. Not normal what so ever. If he was negative before he tested positive one should expect any symptoms showing up in 4 to 5 days. Leaves a question of when he actually tested positive and when his last negative test was. His doctors refuse to answer when his last negative test was.

In Walter Reed he is reported as have difficulty by Chief of Staff during interview. While house report is he is resting comfortable. Puts out photo ops of him working while he is quarantined and under treatment by showing him at desk signing blank documents. Shows 2 different areas but pictures are only 10 minutes apart. Puts out a video. Definitely edited and cough removed.

Doctors give media briefing. Known BS and have to come out with additional statements later, twice.

Trump says has been meeting with solders. Wait, CDC guidelines say quarantine and knowing military hospitals, absolutely no doctor would allow a contagious patient to enter their areas. This is BS

Doctors say he should be discharged soon. If he is in fact being treated with what he is, there is no way they could be administered from the WH. The possible side effects make the WH medical facilities ill equipped for them. OK, we will go for a ride in a hermetically sealed car with 4 SS personnel putting their health in harms way. Photo op.

Is this just becoming a publicity stunt? If everyone has a different story, are we really looking at the right story? Does he really have covid or is he playing a game to later say it is nothing? He and his henchmen have lied so many times to America, how can anything they say be believed when it just keeps changing and going against the science.

Now he says there are new miracle treatments coming down from god. Fool, gods are in labs working night and day to find what works. They are scientist. Humans. Are you going to deny science that deeply where you exclude all those that have worked so hard to combat this disease?

If trump does in fact have covid-19 I hope he recovers. In the mean time, I hope he suffers so much he wishes he was dead. Then, when he recovers he won't be able to say how it was nothing. Get everyone back to work and screw mask and any protective devise.

Malaysia's PM went on air to declare that Malaysia is experiencing 2nd wave caused by the recent election in Sabah. Perhaps Indonesia need to cancel the coming election to prevent the same from happening.

Indonesia is now saying the hospitals are lying with their diagnosis. They are doing all they can to make everyone think the numbers are lower than what they actually are which is really higher than already reported. Doctors and med staff are pissed at the government.

Lies just to get tourist cash flowing and evidently not caring what they may be taking home with them.

Well I doubt anyone is going to take them seriously when for almost 2 months they claimed Indonesia didn't have any Covid cases despite being surrounded by it. Not to mention the 'wash your hands and pray' response on how to deal with it.

What is the actual number of deaths in Indonesia for those who tested positive for SARS-COV-2 and did not have comorbidities?

Thailand is now allowing Chinese tourist entries under strict conditions. Japan is opening up to visitors from 12 countries including China and Australia even though Australia will not allow citizens to travel without special permission. New York has locked down again.

Wherever you look it has been impossible for any uniformity of strategies world wide to deal with Corona 19 so I think we can reasonably assume that Corona will wax and wane and further disrupt economies until at least 2013 and probably beyond, quite apart from the human toll of sickness and death.

Any personal future plans need to take these grim realities into account.

It is now reckoned that the cost of the Japanese Olympics will be the most expensive in history. To constrain the impact of that Japan is cancelling the opening and closing ceremonies but still pinning hopes on going ahead with the games next year. Imagine the stress for the Japanese Olympic organizers trying to manage that.

With that, as the Americans might say, "Yo all have a nice day now."

Elvis and Hitler both took a wide amount of prescription drugs. Not that I’m saying it’s the same drugs as Trump has. But maybe close.
Elvis was a great singer and song writer for those born after the 90’s that never heard of him. Hitler was a nature lover from Austria who went on to be the Nazi leader and killed many people, very terrible.

Wherever you look it has been impossible for any uniformity of strategies world wide to deal with Corona 19 so I think we can reasonably assume that Corona will wax and wane and further disrupt economies until at least 2013 and probably beyond, quite apart from the human toll of sickness and death.

We are screwed then if Covid-19 uses time travel.

Well I doubt anyone is going to take them seriously when for almost 2 months they claimed Indonesia didn't have any Covid cases despite being surrounded by it. Not to mention the 'wash your hands and pray' response on how to deal with it.
& the magic necklace, don't forget that.

Yes, and that too. I probably meant 2023. (After 80 years keeping track of which decade you're in isn't so easy. )

I figured that was what you meant, but had to give you a hard time.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back