DON'T PANIC.... well, maybe a little bit.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
For a bit of humor.

Copied from Facebook: Local school board is deciding whether or not to make kids wear masks at school. Wifey shared it and asked what people thought. One of our dojo moms responded with this! Lori for the win!
🤣
🤣
🤣

Here's how I think requiring masks might work in elementary.

Please don’t snap Billy's mask in his face.
Your mask is not a necklace, bracelet, or any other form of jewelry.
You should not be using your mask as a slingshot. Please put it back on your face.
Please do not chew on your mask.
Your mask should be on your face, not on the back of your head
I’m sorry your mask is wet, but that's what happens when you lick the inside of it.
I’m sorry you sneezed. Here's a tissue. Wipe out the snot as well as you can.
No, you may not blow your nose in your mask.
Why is your mask soaking wet? You just came back from the bathroom?
And you put it back on your face after you dropped it?
I’m sorry you broke the elastic on your mask by seeing how far the band would stretch. Now you'll have to hold the mask on your face ... or use this duct tape.
Please take the mask off your eyes and watch where you're walking. I don’t care if you have X-ray vision.
Please take the mask off of your pencil and stop twirling it.
I know the mask fits over your pants like a knee pad, but please take it off of your leg and put it on your face.
What do you mean you tried to eat your lunch through your mask?
Please don't share your mask or trade masks. I don’t care if you like Ingrid's mask better than yours.
I’m sorry, but your mask is not school appropriate.
We're not comparing our masks to other kids' masks… everyone’s mask is unique and special.
No, you may not decorate your mask instead of doing your work. I don’t care if you have a Sharpie.
You're not a pirate, please take your mask off your eye.
Try to get the gum off as much as you can.
Please don't use your mask to pick your nose.
I’m sorry you tripped, but that’s what happens when you put your feet inside the elastic of your mask.
No, your mask doesn't make it hard to get your work done.
Your Mom will need to get you a new mask since you chewed a hole in that one.
Why is there a shoe print on your mask?
No, you cannot eat the snow through your mask.
I don’t care if you were in art class and being creative; we do not decorate our masks.
We do not beam other kids in the face with balls. No, their masks don’t make it not hurt.
Please don't plug your nose holes with your mask.
Who's making that noise?
I’m sorry your ponytail is stuck, that’s what happens when you see how many times you can wrap it around your mask.
I’m sorry to tell you, but your child thought her mask made her a superhero. She tried to fly off the jungle gym at recess …
I’m sorry your breath stinks in your mask, maybe we should all try to brush better.
Please take those cookies out of your mask. No, you are not a chipmunk.

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
For a bit of humor.

Copied from Facebook: Local school board is deciding whether or not to make kids wear masks at school. Wifey shared it and asked what people thought. One of our dojo moms responded with this! Lori for the win!
🤣
🤣
🤣

Here's how I think requiring masks might work in elementary.

Please don’t snap Billy's mask in his face.
Your mask is not a necklace, bracelet, or any other form of jewelry.
You should not be using your mask as a slingshot. Please put it back on your face.
Please do not chew on your mask.
Your mask should be on your face, not on the back of your head
I’m sorry your mask is wet, but that's what happens when you lick the inside of it.
I’m sorry you sneezed. Here's a tissue. Wipe out the snot as well as you can.
No, you may not blow your nose in your mask.
Why is your mask soaking wet? You just came back from the bathroom?
And you put it back on your face after you dropped it?
I’m sorry you broke the elastic on your mask by seeing how far the band would stretch. Now you'll have to hold the mask on your face ... or use this duct tape.
Please take the mask off your eyes and watch where you're walking. I don’t care if you have X-ray vision.
Please take the mask off of your pencil and stop twirling it.
I know the mask fits over your pants like a knee pad, but please take it off of your leg and put it on your face.
What do you mean you tried to eat your lunch through your mask?
Please don't share your mask or trade masks. I don’t care if you like Ingrid's mask better than yours.
I’m sorry, but your mask is not school appropriate.
We're not comparing our masks to other kids' masks… everyone’s mask is unique and special.
No, you may not decorate your mask instead of doing your work. I don’t care if you have a Sharpie.
You're not a pirate, please take your mask off your eye.
Try to get the gum off as much as you can.
Please don't use your mask to pick your nose.
I’m sorry you tripped, but that’s what happens when you put your feet inside the elastic of your mask.
No, your mask doesn't make it hard to get your work done.
Your Mom will need to get you a new mask since you chewed a hole in that one.
Why is there a shoe print on your mask?
No, you cannot eat the snow through your mask.
I don’t care if you were in art class and being creative; we do not decorate our masks.
We do not beam other kids in the face with balls. No, their masks don’t make it not hurt.
Please don't plug your nose holes with your mask.
Who's making that noise?
I’m sorry your ponytail is stuck, that’s what happens when you see how many times you can wrap it around your mask.
I’m sorry to tell you, but your child thought her mask made her a superhero. She tried to fly off the jungle gym at recess …
I’m sorry your breath stinks in your mask, maybe we should all try to brush better.
Please take those cookies out of your mask. No, you are not a chipmunk.
Funny yet oh so true.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
Just found out my school with start as planned, but it will be online. My guess other schools will be doing the same.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
US Embassy is resuming some services

Event: U.S. Embassy Jakarta American Citizen Services Resuming Regular Passport Service

The U.S. Embassy in Jakarta is now resuming limited services to process passport and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA) applications for American citizens. This includes passport applications for minor applicants, first-time adults, first application after a lost/stolen passport, and regular adult renewals. For regular adult passport renewals only, an authorized third-party with an endorsement letter may present an application on the behalf of an American citizen.

Please be advised that full validity passports are only printed at passport agencies in the United States. These agencies are just beginning to resume normal operations. Delays of several weeks are expected as these agencies address the backlog of applications.

You can schedule an in-person appointment at the U.S. Embassy online: id.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/. There are a limited number of daily appointments. We also will comply with distancing guidelines to limit the number of people present in the waiting room at any given time to prevent the further spread of COVID-19. American citizens can also initiate applications for regular passports and CRBAs at the Consular Agency in Bali.

nd_eric_77

Charter Member
Cager
Just found out my school with start as planned, but it will be online. My guess other schools will be doing the same.
Our school is proceeding with the normal schedule, with teachers onsite and students learning from home. Our board of directors will reevaluate in July with an eye toward bringing students back to campus as soon as is safely possible.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
Our school is proceeding with the normal schedule, with teachers onsite and students learning from home. Our board of directors will reevaluate in July with an eye toward bringing students back to campus as soon as is safely possible.
I imagine most schools would prefer students to be on campus, but only want to do so when it is safe.

dafluff

Cager
In the irrationally optimistic department: Indonesia wants to reopen tourism for 4 countries, China, S. Korea, Japan and Australia....

Now those countries have crushed the Covid19 curve, and combined have maybe 100 cases per day now. Meanwhile Indonesia is adding ~1,000/day, with spotty testing.

nd_eric_77

Charter Member
Cager
In the irrationally optimistic department: Indonesia wants to reopen tourism for 4 countries, China, S. Korea, Japan and Australia....

Now those countries have crushed the Covid19 curve, and combined have maybe 100 cases per day now. Meanwhile Indonesia is adding ~1,000/day, with spotty testing.

Also, Vietnam and New Zealand should be on the acceptable list.

dafluff

Cager
Also, Vietnam and New Zealand should be on the acceptable list.
Their criteria was based on which countries contributed top tourism dollars...

Doesn't matter, they could re-open it to all countries, no one will come. You'd need to quarantine 14 days in Indonesia, then quarantine another 14 days when you get back. All the time risking catching Covid-19 in one of the countries which has the worst testing, mediocre health care and where cases are spiking.

The only people who may come are people who are actually living here and were misusing tourist visas the whole time.

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
No mention of Bali in that article, which obviously is the primary tourist destination, and appears to be keeping more strict borders these past couple months. I wonder if Bali and the national government will agree on the same timeline and procedures?

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
Celebrity Fitness is opening up one of their gyms in Bali, one in Solo, and another in Bekasi.

The rest are closed until June 30th.

It will be interesting to see how the openings there go.

nd_eric_77

Charter Member
Cager
Any news on when Jakarta malls will reopen? I thought they were given the green flag for today, but have not heard anything lately.

Will_M

Bandung malls are opening today. Paris van Java, TSM and Paskal23 all opening with “new normal” SOP.

dafluff

Cager

The drug is an immunosuppressant, so it makes sense that it would help those with a runaway immune response (cytokine storm). It helps those with the worst clinical outcomes (those on ventilators) the most.

For patients on ventilators, it cut the risk of death from 40% to 28%.
For patients needing oxygen, it cut the risk of death from 25% to 20%.

Lead researcher Prof Martin Landray said the findings suggested one life could be saved for:

• every eight patients on a ventilator
  • every 20-25 treated with oxygen
"There is a clear, clear benefit," he said.

"The treatment is up to 10 days of dexamethasone and it costs about £5 per patient.

"So essentially it costs £35 to save a life.

"This is a drug that is globally available."

It does not prevent someone from getting Covid-19, nor would it reduce the chance of getting a severe form of the disease. The good news is, it is a cheap and widely available drug.

dafluff

Cager
Congratulations East Java for winning first place in "Best Covid-19 Modern Marketplace" and second place in "Best Covid-19 Travel Destination".

I guess if you want to get Covid-19 you know where to go? :unsure:

EbHcnJmUYAAzhk6.jpg

dafluff

Cager
Jokowi is pissed off at the performance of his ministers. Criticizes lack of urgency and crisis management. However, he seems mostly concerned about the economic impact of the pandemic, rather than the health impact. In my mind, there can be no economic recovery until the health crisis is managed. Also where was he the last 3 months, as his ministers all basically just twiddled their thumbs?

nd_eric_77

Charter Member
Cager
Jokowi is pissed off at the performance of his ministers. Criticizes lack of urgency and crisis management. However, he seems mostly concerned about the economic impact of the pandemic, rather than the health impact. In my mind, there can be no economic recovery until the health crisis is managed. Also where was he the last 3 months, as his ministers all basically just twiddled their thumbs?

A cratering economy can also have severe health impacts - especially in a country without a generous social safety net. There is no guarantee that imposing draconian lockdown measures would even work in a country like Indonesia. We get to a point where one has to analyze in terms of "acceptable risk". In a country where the poorest residents are not too far removed from starvation, the moral calculus is different from that of a fully developed western country.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veryambiguous