The Cage is now open! Please, register here for access.

Yeh sorry the top couple are pinned yes latest was July

No, at the time of your post it was last week. Including your own post 🤦‍♂️

Not sure if this belongs here.

I have read that the Indonesia Military is purging out gays. From my time in Indonesia it seemed to me that gays were tolerated. At least the effeminate bar tender/waiter in the company hotel. Everyone seemed to know which team he batted for.

Have things changed?

Secondary question. What is the Indonesia slang term for an effeminate or gay man.

I have read that the Indonesia Military is purging out gays. From my time in Indonesia it seemed to me that gays were tolerated. At least the effeminate bar tender/waiter in the company hotel. Everyone seemed to know which team he batted for.

Have things changed?

Secondary question. What is the Indonesia slang term for an effeminate or gay man.
I don't think they are particularly accepted. There is the common sort of verbal bashing and making light of that you hear in the States. You know, people calling each other gay as an insult.
The only gay people I have met are somewhat in the closet as well. "John" reckons his family is ashamed of him and that they are afraid of what will happen if people know. If your society makes you feel the need to hide who you are, you are not accepted.

I've never heard an Indonesian term for gay that sounded polite and positive, other than gay. Then again, my Indonesian isn't great and I haven't been that interested in the topic.

I'm pretty sure that how the cage is supposed to work is that you post things in that section of the forum, rather than here. But... I kinda have difficulties finding it as well.

Last edited:

Have things changed?

definate change in the last two decades.

The 3 big evils of society now.

Drugs.
Pedophilia
LGBT

I kid you not. That was the topic at my kids school recently.

Its a rather boring dark side as of late.
Jump in & spice it up then Waarmie, the cage is a perfect venue for you - just think how many times you have metaphorically danced on the edge in your non-conformist not-so-distant past :D

My aging memory is failing me; I can only remember the self-aggrandizing and otherwise flattering episodes of my past.

Aging or blank ? lmao .
Hope everything is ok with you and family over there.
It can be either one -- which every excuse is likely to play best with the audience of the moment.

Everyone is treading water here; trying to keep lathery and depression at bay until social contact ceases to be a potential death sentence and we can visit family in Jakarta once again.

We are hoping get vaccinated within the next few months, but probably not in time to plan a summer home visit. Getting visas is still essentially impossible (according to the last call to the Indonesian Chicago Consulate); maybe that will change, as well -- but the uncertainties rule the day for now.

Hope all is well with you and your biking husband manages to avoid the inattentive and "me first" drivers of your neighborhood.

It can be either one -- which every excuse is likely to play best with the audience of the moment.

Everyone is treading water here; trying to keep lathery and depression at bay until social contact ceases to be a potential death sentence and we can visit family in Jakarta once again.

We are hoping get vaccinated within the next few months, but probably not in time to plan a summer home visit. Getting visas is still essentially impossible (according to the last call to the Indonesian Chicago Consulate); maybe that will change, as well -- but the uncertainties rule the day for now.

Hope all is well with you and your biking husband manages to avoid the inattentive and "me first" drivers of your neighborhood.
Yeah its disaster for visa and entering Indo at the moment. Hope you'll get the vaccine soon and able to apply for sosbud visa or whatever you able to get.
Re. Biking , the big bugger almost got hit few times by idiot drivers in the slow lane.
Pls give my regards Mrs Armstrong :)

I would like to join the cage if I have been around long enough.

I would like to join the cage if I have been around long enough.
You didn't have enough post at the time you posted this but you now fully qualify.
You should have access to The Cage. Please check.

I'm here since ages but how the heck can I get 200 posts, if I don't like to comment every nonsense???? Is there any mercy program to join cage anyway???

I'm here since ages but how the heck can I get 200 posts, if I don't like to comment every nonsense???? Is there any mercy program to join cage anyway???

Beware, there are more "nonsense" in the Cage.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nadeeshaf