The Cage is now open! Please, register here for access.

El_Goretto

Cager
No, at the time of your post it was last week. Including your own post 🤦‍♂️

vocalneal

Cager
Not sure if this belongs here.

I have read that the Indonesia Military is purging out gays. From my time in Indonesia it seemed to me that gays were tolerated. At least the effeminate bar tender/waiter in the company hotel. Everyone seemed to know which team he batted for.

Have things changed?

Secondary question. What is the Indonesia slang term for an effeminate or gay man.

HappyMan

Charter Member
Cager

I have read that the Indonesia Military is purging out gays. From my time in Indonesia it seemed to me that gays were tolerated. At least the effeminate bar tender/waiter in the company hotel. Everyone seemed to know which team he batted for.

Have things changed?

Secondary question. What is the Indonesia slang term for an effeminate or gay man.
I don't think they are particularly accepted. There is the common sort of verbal bashing and making light of that you hear in the States. You know, people calling each other gay as an insult.
The only gay people I have met are somewhat in the closet as well. "John" reckons his family is ashamed of him and that they are afraid of what will happen if people know. If your society makes you feel the need to hide who you are, you are not accepted.

I've never heard an Indonesian term for gay that sounded polite and positive, other than gay. Then again, my Indonesian isn't great and I haven't been that interested in the topic.

I'm pretty sure that how the cage is supposed to work is that you post things in that section of the forum, rather than here. But... I kinda have difficulties finding it as well.

Last edited:

William King

Charter Member
Cager

Have things changed?

definate change in the last two decades.

The 3 big evils of society now.

Drugs.
Pedophilia
LGBT

I kid you not. That was the topic at my kids school recently.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlinMek
Top Bottom