Spousal KITAS to KITAP conversion (also applicable for Spousal SosBud to KITAS).

Very similar...

Mine was Bandung, West Java.

a - I was never asked to provide a CV
b - I was not asked to provide any photos
c - Copies of pages with my personal information on and last visa (ITAS) info
d - I was not asked for that - nor was I asked to show any letter of non-impediment to marry (we were married outside of Indonesia & registered at Catatan Sipil on returning to Indonesia & that document they wanted)

...in Jakarta.

e - They came home and made a nice picture of us cozy on the couch

...in Jakarta.

e - They came home and made a nice picture of us cozy on the couch

The guy who came here forgot the camera , so wanted to use his phone but he didn't know how, so he wanted me to use my phone , then blue tooth a picture to him on his phone... but his phone battery died... so we all sat & had a coffee & smoke while he pinjam (ed) our electricity ... you couldn't make it up really.

Hi,
Thanks for the explanation.

When I tried to convert my KITAS to KITAP in the beginning of 2016 in Denpasar, my application was refused. For the reason that my passport did not have 5 more years on it (only 2-ish). When I insisted this "5 year in the passport"-rule was not written in the law, I was finally told that she could start the process, but it would take long, I would risk refusal and loose alllll of my application money. My KITAS was running out in several weeks so eventually decided to just renew the KITAS...

What is your take on this? I will certainly start earlier this year (4 months ahead) but should I push the immigration to process the KITAP even I have less than 2 yrs on my passport now?

Hi,

When I tried to convert my KITAS to KITAP in the beginning of 2016 in Denpasar, my application was refused. For the reason that my passport did not have 5 more years on it (only 2-ish). When I insisted this "5 year in the passport"-rule was not written in the law, I was finally told that she could start the process, but it would take long, I would risk refusal and loose alllll of my application money. My KITAS was running out in several weeks so eventually decided to just renew the KITAS...

What is your take on this? I will certainly start earlier this year (4 months ahead) but should I push the immigration to process the KITAP even I have less than 2 yrs on my passport now?
Can't you renew your passport? I would try that instead of losing the money again.

It is quite ironic really as, for example an Indonesian passport is only ever valid for 5 years in the first place so the day one gets it it has less than 5 years on it, yet they expect that other countries issue longer term ones.

I had less than a year on my passport AND it was an emergency passport. Also, I applied for my extension only 1 day before the expiration of my ITAP!
As you noted, there are NO stipulation in the Law concerning the expiration date of your passport which would forbid you to apply and the ITAP to be issued.

And welcome to our forum by the way. :smile:

Re: post #23

Hi buleleng and welcome.
I converted my Retirement ITAS to ITAP on 7 Jan 2016 whilst my Canadian passport expired on 1 Jun 2017. This was done at Bali Imigrasi near the airport using an agent.
I returned to Canada last June and got a new 10 year passport and returned to Indonesia with both...the ITAP in the old passport and the new one stamped on entry.
I then gave the passports to the agent who had the same ITAP/MERP transferred into the new passport...free of charge.
The KITAP (yellow card) was returned.

Last time I renewed my Dutch passport (which was done via consulate in Kuta and then to KL I believe), it was only issued for 5 years. So by the time I would have it in my hands... Well, you get the point

It is quite different in other cities as far as I know. Jakarta is totally different and mostly very fast.

Dutch passport is 10 years now. Phew.

Like the British (HK) and some other countries, the Dutch centralize everything now for (South East) Asia in one location. Efficiency and cost saving.

Thanks for all the great news,

I am about to apply for my spousal Kitap.

Does anyone know if they call you before coming out to your home for the interview or do they just show up?

They called us but hubby missed the call so they sent an SMS - but not all places are the same, so I guess it is a lottery as to where you live and how far from them you are :)

Thanks for the info, we live in Denpasar fairly close,,, they interviewed us last in 2012 when I applied for my first Kitas.

:wave:

Dutch passport is 10 years now. Phew.

Like the British (HK) and some other countries, the Dutch centralize everything now for (South East) Asia in one location. Efficiency and cost saving.

The process for British passport has changed now. It no longer goes to Hong Kong - it now has to go all the way to the UK and back again.

The efficiency cost saving got even more extreme.

Hi,

You can complete your KITAS to KITAP in Jakarta in only 18 business days.

I am about to apply for my spousal Kitap.

Do you
know if they call you before coming out to your
home for the interview or do they just show up?

They called us, we missed the call so they sent an sms to us to say they were coming. That was Bandung KanIm, can't speak for other areas- at the end of the day they have to respect we are humans with lives outside the home. We are not under house arrest- so it would be silly of them to drop by hoping you are there, without an appointment.

Last year they called my wife's phone to make sure we were in and if they could stop by. I think they were there for about 15 minutes, took a picture of us and one of them, and then left. That was from the North Jakarta office. I will let you know how the West Jakarta office does things.

Immigration phoned both times for KITAS and KITAP. We were out at the mall for the second call for KITAP. My wife indicated, to them, we would be home in 2 to 2.5 hours to make sure we did not get stuck in traffic. We ended up waiting for them for about 1\2 hour. We got ours through West Jakarta.

Last edited:
I just picked up my first wife sponsored KITAP today. I went in for photo and fingerprints on tuesday and picked it up thursday afternoon.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James A