PLN bill doubled for no feasible reason...

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
I paid my PLN on the 14th of last month it has never gone over 500,000 IDR.
I just checked with my online banking to see if it was due- forgot the date today ( I've been to busy to take notes of details such as dates ;) )
anyway apparently I now owe them over 1 million for the past 3 weeks????? wtf. I am not even home 5 days of the week. We don't have a/c.
& no way am I paying 1 juta a month - task for the weekend buy a genny.

Who do I get this checked out with please?

Do they really check you meter every month? (They make a picture when they come by.) Or is a guestimate because of limited access by a fence, the dogs, nobody home, ..? Then you can be in for a nasty surprise yes, the moment they enter the 'correct' information in the system. Visit the PLN office to have it checked....

they come in every month, we put the dogs away so that they can access.

I paid my PLN on the 14th of last month it has never gone over 500,000 IDR.
I just checked with my online banking to see if it was due- forgot the date today ( I've been to busy to take notes of details such as dates ;) )
anyway apparently I now owe them over 1 million for the past 3 weeks????? wtf. I am not even home 5 days of the week. We don't have a/c.
& no way am I paying 1 juta a month - task for the weekend buy a genny.

Who do I get this checked out with please?

Your last bill should have the KW that was read from your meter. Your new bill should also read the KW for your new bill...that should show your consumption over the two dates.
I'd then check your meter for your current KW, since the date of the last bill, and compare.
I don't know your situation but I know if the meter-reader cannot access the meter they sometimes guess, or use an average consumption.

I have a pulsa pre-paid meter so not sure..... but if your meter has gone wonky I believe you can pay a fee for a test.

Fuel for a genset will likely cost more than PLN.

I can't check my bills online with PLN cos this flashes up:

Id Pelanggan ini masih punya tunggakan sebesar Rp. 1012401, PENERANGAN SEMENTARA melalui system OnLine baru dapat diproses lanjut setelah tunggakan dinyatakan Lunas (minimal sehari setelah pembayaran)

Eh, which bill David? We do the payment via online banking (you need to remember) but they don't provide a detailed overview, no KWh. In the payment info, the WBP is never correct, and the LWBP often has identical values. Aetra is a different matter. I try to hang the info at the gate when we are not home the last week of the month. I have tried Cekbill before but it never really worked; better visit the PLN office.

BCA online etc. only keep one month of transactions btw. So better keep the e-mails after you paid. That proof is also necessary when you sell your house.

"
BILLING AMOUNT
:
Rp. 1.012.401,00
MONTH/YEAR
:
LWBP
:
01575300-01640200
WBP
:
00000000-00000000
KVARH
:
00000000-00000000
BANK ADMINISTRATION FEE
:
Rp. 3.000,00
TOTAL
:
Rp. 1.015.401,00"

Is that bit I underlined the usage?

& jstar yep, I always keep the bank transaction emails.
That should be fun to check thru... sigh.

Hard to do all this from Jakarta lol, but the reading is wrong .
hubby says meter reads 01618470
not: 01640200

so without doing fancy calculations I will assume that number is much more in keeping with our normal bill.

Maybe not related but we had an experience like this when we came back from overseas last year. Our PLN is due on the 15th and when my wife checked at the PLN office after the 1st week of the following month the SYSTEM automatically tagged on the upcoming 2nd month bill payable. Both bills combined into one invoice payable w/in 2 days OR ELSE. It was in the system and no-one could roll it back since she only had the 6jt on hand for the one month.

I wonder if you have squatters stealing your electricity

I am glad it seems to have been resolved. Someone from PLN will visit in the next couple of days - I assume to check the meter again.
It seems pretty obvious that the reading was wrong.
So much easier to sort out than elecrticity disappearing off via a cable to the neighbours :D

Eh, which bill David? We do the payment via online banking (you need to remember)

"
BILLING AMOUNT
:
Rp. 1.012.401,00
MONTH/YEAR
:
LWBP
:
01575300-01640200
WBP
:
00000000-00000000
KVARH
:
00000000-00000000
BANK ADMINISTRATION FEE
:
Rp. 3.000,00
TOTAL
:
Rp. 1.015.401,00"

Is that bit I underlined the usage?

1. No matter how payment is made there should be an invoice, receipt, bill amount, statement....whatever you wish to call it.... where the usage is recorded.

2. LWBP is the usage called Luar Waktu Beban Puncak...(off-peak usage). I'm not sure what the figures mean as I don't know what meter you have...generally they read in watt/hours...or Kw/hrs. (1000 watt/hrs.)

As B_A's hubby has checked the current reading is lower than the billing amount for last month I think the meter-reader clearly erred in his reading and/or recording of it.

Eh, which bill David? We do the payment via online banking (you need to remember) but they don't provide a detailed overview, no KWh. In the payment info, the WBP is never correct, and the LWBP often has identical values.

1. No matter how payment is made there should be an invoice, receipt, bill amount, statement....whatever you wish to call it.... where the usage is recorded.

2. LWBP is the usage called Luar Waktu Beban Puncak...(off-peak usage). I'm not sure what the figures mean as I don't know what meter you have...generally they read in watt/hours...or Kw/hrs. (1000 watt/hrs.)

IMG_6749.jpg

You see what I mean? I am not running to the PLN office every time there is a discrepancy...I have something better to do than fixing all these fvck-ups. (Calling First Media for instance since there are Internet issues again.)

Yep. I got stuck with a 5 million bill one month and received precious little care about it. Just pay was the advice.

You've made my point...you do get a 'receipt' for the amount used.
Btw PLN doesn't use a dual off-peak/on-peak system....not yet! So I don't know why they have LWBP and WBP on the receipt.

In your example, so far you didn't use any electricity and you only got charged an admin fee.

Are you a neighbor of B_A.....maybe she got charged for your usage as well as hers...I think you owe her....:wof:

re this: " I am not running to the PLN office every time there is a discrepancy"

I wouldn't know if there was a discrepancy or not if it was 10,000- 100,000. I would assume that we used more or something.
BUT when my bill is double the normal amount- then I take note. as in "WTF???!!!"

As luck would have it my super smart sister in law was online earlier & got chatting & she dealt with them for me, effectively taking me out of the equation so that it seems as though it will be resolved. Even if I end up paying double, I am pretty certain that next month's bill will be peanuts IF the meter gets read correctly :D
My problem initially was finding a number to call 'cos they only show 123 (& I assume that is from a landline, which I don't have).

I suspect that whatever it cost now expect it to surge in the immediate future. Electricity charges in Australia just keep rising. Due to the supplier having some sort of computer problem they did not bill me for my small shop for 2 months. Next bill was for
13,918,312.51rupiah.
(It certainly looks more impressive in Rupiah.}

$1,000 for 2 months comes across as rather impressive too.

This is very interesting in combination with solar panels:

https://www.tesla.com/en_AU/powerwall?redirect=no

Tesla does not only build cars. This Powewall could have an interesting return in this climate, in combination with solar panels of course. As far as I understood from Rabbit, the batteries are always the sore thumb.

tesla-powerwall-2-installed.jpg

tesla-powerwall-2-specs.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back