Mosque loudspeakers

Sandiaga will continue to promote halal on Bali and it's no different for much of the government. Slowly they are trying to turn Bali and Papua majority muslim.
North bali does have a few mosques on the road before negara ,but they are under control vo;ume wise and prayer times , in the south ya there are mosques , but unless you live within 50 to 100 metes ,you never hear them .
The other Islands are a free for all ,the frequency of new construction and volume increases unabated , Scary for sleep peace and health .
Not my cup of tea for sure !

The culture is of not working very hard, taking frequent breaks, shutting down for a month every year, not caring about education standards, having disrupted sleep and being tired at school or at work etc. All these things added together do not create a culture of high achievement and never will.
Hey, we found an aspect of the Indonesian culture! We were debating in another thread if there is an Indonesian culture 🤣

The culture is of not working very hard, taking frequent breaks, shutting down for a month every year, not caring about education standards, having disrupted sleep and being tired at school or at work etc. All these things added together do not create a culture of high achievement and never will.

Let us not forget tropical lassitude. This is planet-wide and not restricted to Islamic countries.

On lack of sleep - since health experts recommend sleeping 7-8 hours a day, and people mention hearing loudspeakers starting at 3:30 am, that means ... to get enough sleep you have to be asleep by 7:30-8:30 PM?

Someone please check my math

On lack of sleep - since health experts recommend sleeping 7-8 hours a day, and people mention hearing loudspeakers starting at 3:30 am, that means ... to get enough sleep you have to be asleep by 7:30-8:30 PM?

Someone please check my math
That's why you see a lot of people working in shops sleeping under the counter
And when they 'kerja' making a lot of mistakes, sorry to say.
Not health expert, not excel in math
Just a TKI looking for sesuap nasi, have been working 35 years in 8 countries, 19 years as principal technical expert, subject matter expert, & technical authority at top 5 IOC.
I always wake early, before 04:30 am everyday including weekend; indeed sleep early before 09:00 PM - I consider myself fit at least for my age. had a time in the morning for jogging or treadmill 8-10km/day, not less than 50km per week.
never slept even once at work place (including WFH)
Yes, far from perfect, I do make mistakes in my "kerja"

Not health expert, not excel in math
Just a TKI looking for sesuap nasi, have been working 35 years in 8 countries, 19 years as principal technical expert, subject matter expert, & technical authority at top 5 IOC.
I always wake early, before 04:30 am everyday including weekend; indeed sleep early before 09:00 PM - I consider myself fit at least for my age. had a time in the morning for jogging or treadmill 8-10km/day, not less than 50km per week.
never slept even once at work place (including WFH)
Yes, far from perfect, I do make mistakes in my "kerja"

Sounds like a fun life
Shouldn't you be enjoying life at your age? Work less. Travel more? Relax!

Sounds like a fun life
Shouldn't you be enjoying life at your age? Work less. Travel more? Relax!
Sure, I love traveling and outdoor activities, such as scuba diving and hiking. Lucky to get 43 working days of annual leaves, not bad to enjoy life. Work smartly but not less than supposed to be.
play tennis every weekend. Play badminton twice a week.
need to be fit to enjoy those activities.

I always wake early, before 04:30 am everyday including weekend; indeed sleep early before 09:00 PM
Good for you Wisnu! I don't think expecting an entire country to work like that is realistic though?

Speaking for myself I am a B-person - I work best when I wake up a bit later and work until later.

The beef many of us have is with loud noises disturbing our sleep, I feel the same way about noises late at night as with noises super early in the morning - looking at Germany and France with envy with some of their noise pollution laws

Is that mentioned in the Quaran :unsure: I've not read it but I do have a card-carrying Turkish friend who enjoys a beer.
Because Turkey is a secular country founded by a secular leader. The religiosity between Turkey and Indonesia is deeply different ( like day and night ) All what sharia offers as law is strictly forbidden in Turkey.

Last edited:
Hey it is not only Mosque that do this. The Hindu temple in a certain harbor town blast messages to all the taxi drivers to not park in front of shops and block them. This has been daily for months. Obviously the taxi drivers ears don't work! Why not get the local cops to start giving out tickets? That would move some butts!

Because Turkey is a secular country founded by a secular leader. The religiosity between Turkey and Indonesia is deeply different ( like day and night ) All what sharia offers as law is strictly forbidden in Turkey.
While Turkey is generally a secular country, there are still enough people who are radical and want to see Turkey implement Shariah law. If Erdogan goes, they might use the momentum to strengthen their existence
But typically, young Turks are more secular, especially those whose parents immigrate to other countries in Europe, mainly Germany / Austria. Keep in mind Turkey allow dual nationalities.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turks_in_Germany
Some might be surprised to know that many nightclubs and FKKs owners and visitors in Germany are Turkish-Germans.

Hey it is not only Mosque that do this. The Hindu temple in a certain harbor town blast messages to all the taxi drivers to not park in front of shops and block them. This has been daily for months. Obviously the taxi drivers ears don't work! Why not get the local cops to start giving out tickets? That would move some butts!
Well it works for the street hawkers, street vendors who sell fruits, vegetables, goods in the local markets on the streets.

But if they shout too loud with high pitch, they will get banned.

But I reckon, it is difficult to work in the parking space around the Bali Hindus Temple without presenting other type of tickets.

Last edited:
While Turkey is generally a secular country, there are still enough people who are radical and want to see Turkey implement Shariah law. If Erdogan goes, they might use the momentum to strengthen their existence

https://www.al-monitor.com/originals/2020/01/turkey-is-the-country-drifting-towards-sharia-rule.html

But typically, young Turks are more secular, especially those whose parents immigrate to other countries in Europe, mainly Germany / Austria. Keep in mind Turkey allow dual nationalities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turks_in_Germany

Some might be surprised to know that many nightclubs and FKKs owners and visitors in Germany are Turkish-Germans.

Well it works for the street hawkers, street vendors who sell fruits, vegetables, goods in the local markets on the streets.

But if they shout too loud with high pitch, they will get banned.

But I reckon, it is difficult to work in the parking space around the Bali Hindus Temple without presenting other type of tickets.
Dear brother, I am an Albanian immigrant (of Turkish descent) lived all his life in Turkey. so I am Turkish and also a native speaker of Turkish. I also lived in Britain and those people you mentioned "the ones looking for shariah in Turkey " are vastly outnumbered by the ones living in Britain. Do you know how many Sharia supporters there are in Britain, let alone France, Belgium, or Germany? google Britain Edgeware Road in West London for instance.... Just one simple example... Pierre Vogel ( aka. Amin Al-Husseini ) In Germany and many others. British Channel, Channel 4 has hundreds of series dedicated to Religious Radicalism in Europe.

Moreover, most of Erdoğan supporters supported him for economic reasons in the past, and in the last election, most of those who voted for him didn't have any alternative choice as there was not a strong leader figure for presidential elections even though thr result of the elections was around 51 to 49 %. (sad but true cuz my mentality is totally opposite to Erdoğan's- I am a Catholic)

In one of the latest polls conducted by a reliable institution in Turkey, the radicals in Turkey are proven to be only 3 to 5 % of the Turkish Population even when they are placed on the lists along with their families) whereas Turkey is the first Muslim-majority country to establish an atheist-agnostic organization. When you dig deeper into Turkish recent History, you will encounter our esteemed leader Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, (he strictly forbade Shariah Law and Shariah Institutions) and the revolution he brought to modernize our country. But even before, the Ottoman Empire had always been a religious-friendly empire.

Speaking of Radicalism, Indonesia's Muslim Population is way far from radicalism and supports the notion of coexistence. That's why I love living here. They are hospitable and even when they learn that I'm catholic they are still hospitable and friendly. I love Indonesia. Bhineka Tunggal Ika !!

Last edited:
That is the wrongest piece of information ever uttered about Turkey ( like, "do you guy ride on camel backs?" or " Do you guys wear burka" or etc.) lol.

That is the wrongest piece of information ever uttered about Turkey ( like, "do you guy ride on camel backs?" or " Do you guys wear burka" or etc.) lol.
Have you visited many night clubs and FKK im Germany, Austria. In Germany especially around NRW e.g the area around Cologne. Who are the owners and main visitors of these clubs. If you have not seen that yourself, google is your friend. Majority of them are young Turks.

Capture123a123.JPG

234a.JPG

123.JPG

Also how many Turkish Kebab Shop, restaurants, how many turkish people buying Kebab, food from Turkish restaurant, how many of them are wearing Burkhas. This is not to say that there are not many radical muslims in these countries. In democratic countries hate preachers can not be jailed unless they cross the border, breaking the law.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back