medical insurance

Lockie

I have to produce medical insurance to get my kitas I am 70 years old and I tried Mandiri bank but was told I was to old.
Can someone recommended to me some insurance company.
Thank you.

Allianz
Call Drea +62 822-1345-6211 for a quote or advice

Allianz cannot
65 is max

In fact how can you even get a kitas at 70 ? Isn't that over the age limit?

Is it wife sponsored or a retirement one?
IMTA?

Anyway the insurance premiums will be high because you are old

Why do you need medical insurance for a KITAS? I don't remember that being on the list of requirements.

Maybe he means retirement one because yeh usually its BPJS

Possible solutions..

1. If it's a marriage KITAS (wife sponsored) you may be eligible for BPJS.

2. If you have sufficient funds you could "self insure". I am not sure how that works or what would be considered "sufficient funds", but I remember someone on this forum saying that's what they did.

3. Check out NOW health insurance. They have an app on the play store.

Last edited:
You can try this guy Dave Wheelhouse: +62-812-1033-393 He does expat medical insurance

Thank you for your reply I need minimum one year cover. thank you for your feedback.

Been living in Indonesia for 5 years , never had medical insurance , never been asked or needed medical insurance to renew my Kitas (wife sponsored) am in the process of converting to Kitap and wasn't asked . I've got cover from the local hospital , paid 1,700,000rp and it covers me ,my wife and son for everything including dental !! Had quotes from medical insurance companies and I'm sure there all paying a commission to the Indonesian government who think all expats are millionaires the way they charge for everything that was free back in OZ , 12-15 grand a year for a cover that's as useful as a knob of goat shit . Hospitals still want there cash then you've got to go through the hassle of trying to get your money back from the insurer !

That is a good deal , bpjs is 1.8 per anum class 1 per person .

Well, no one plans to get sick or hurt, but most people need medical care at some point. Health insurance covers these costs and offers many other important benefits.
  • Health insurance covers essential health benefits critical to maintaining your health and treating illness and accidents
  • Health insurance protects you from unexpected, high medical costs (like cancer, renal dialysis, etc)
  • You pay less for covered in-network health care

Well, no one plans to get sick or hurt, but most people need medical care at some point. Health insurance covers these costs and offers many other important benefits.
  • Health insurance covers essential health benefits critical to maintaining your health and treating illness and accidents
  • Health insurance protects you from unexpected, high medical costs (like cancer, renal dialysis, etc)
  • You pay less for covered in-network health care
Yeah, I'm a bit sceptical about private health insurance making the world a better place. It's kind of obvious that these companies are in it to make a profit, and that profit is clearly going to come from the person who buys the insurance.

If you want people to have better health care that provides all the benefits listed above without digging its hands into their pocket that extra inch in search of a profit, lobby the government for a better one-payer system.

Allianz
Call Drea +62 822-1345-6211 for a quote or advice
I am consonsidering Allianz medical insurance, inpatient coverage. Do you have good experience with Alianz? I read some (negative) reviews on internet. What are the positive experience you have with Allianz?

I have allianz. Excellent coverage. Covers covid. Direct billing. And most important my agent has fantastic customer service. She's always online available to help her clients. I know she even sometimes goes to the hospital to help them with admin etc. Even though she doesn't need to.

So yes. Allianz is one of the best.
But. Also you need a good agent who is not going to desert you once she's been paid.

If you want my agent's number I can supply it

She speaks excellent English
I'm pushing 50 and my premium is about $100 a month for full coverage vip room etc etc

im also with allianz. Wouldn’t be with anyone else.

In 2016 when first organizing KITAS I was with allianz world wide which was a bit of a pain to pay and organize once in indonesia. However I cancelled and moved direct to allianz cover with agent in Bandung and so far so good.

I have world wide cover (excl. USA) for about usd 100 / month also

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back