medical insurance

Lockie

I have to produce medical insurance to get my kitas I am 70 years old and I tried Mandiri bank but was told I was to old.
Can someone recommended to me some insurance company.
Thank you.

snpark

Cager
Allianz
Call Drea +62 822-1345-6211 for a quote or advice

snpark

Cager
Allianz cannot
65 is max

In fact how can you even get a kitas at 70 ? Isn't that over the age limit?

Is it wife sponsored or a retirement one?
IMTA?

Anyway the insurance premiums will be high because you are old

Helpful Herbert

Why do you need medical insurance for a KITAS? I don't remember that being on the list of requirements.

snpark

Cager
Maybe he means retirement one because yeh usually its BPJS

ukcouple

Charter Member
Cager
Possible solutions..

1. If it's a marriage KITAS (wife sponsored) you may be eligible for BPJS.

2. If you have sufficient funds you could "self insure". I am not sure how that works or what would be considered "sufficient funds", but I remember someone on this forum saying that's what they did.

3. Check out NOW health insurance. They have an app on the play store.

Last edited:

Vanuatu

Charter Member
Cager
You can try this guy Dave Wheelhouse: +62-812-1033-393 He does expat medical insurance

Lockie

Thank you for your reply I need minimum one year cover. thank you for your feedback.

Nicho

Been living in Indonesia for 5 years , never had medical insurance , never been asked or needed medical insurance to renew my Kitas (wife sponsored) am in the process of converting to Kitap and wasn't asked . I've got cover from the local hospital , paid 1,700,000rp and it covers me ,my wife and son for everything including dental !! Had quotes from medical insurance companies and I'm sure there all paying a commission to the Indonesian government who think all expats are millionaires the way they charge for everything that was free back in OZ , 12-15 grand a year for a cover that's as useful as a knob of goat shit . Hospitals still want there cash then you've got to go through the hassle of trying to get your money back from the insurer !

scouser59

Charter Member
Cager
That is a good deal , bpjs is 1.8 per anum class 1 per person .

romnatalia

Well, no one plans to get sick or hurt, but most people need medical care at some point. Health insurance covers these costs and offers many other important benefits.
  • Health insurance covers essential health benefits critical to maintaining your health and treating illness and accidents
  • Health insurance protects you from unexpected, high medical costs (like cancer, renal dialysis, etc)
  • You pay less for covered in-network health care

HappyMan

Charter Member
Cager
Well, no one plans to get sick or hurt, but most people need medical care at some point. Health insurance covers these costs and offers many other important benefits.
  • Health insurance covers essential health benefits critical to maintaining your health and treating illness and accidents
  • Health insurance protects you from unexpected, high medical costs (like cancer, renal dialysis, etc)
  • You pay less for covered in-network health care
Yeah, I'm a bit sceptical about private health insurance making the world a better place. It's kind of obvious that these companies are in it to make a profit, and that profit is clearly going to come from the person who buys the insurance.

If you want people to have better health care that provides all the benefits listed above without digging its hands into their pocket that extra inch in search of a profit, lobby the government for a better one-payer system.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huby
Top Bottom