Garden visitors

Ugh, I dont have a garden.... sadly ...
-jakartans mediocre rusun style but afford to buy fancy things to show off- (LOL)

had this fella yesterday, caused a big panic in the office. Sorry for the crap pic the wife and her instamatic :D
His head was long and pointed like an African vine snake. About 2 feet/60cm

Attachments

• IMG-20220912-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220912-WA0000.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
check corner of your kitchen or storage; you can find this cute fellow - dont kill.

Jumping Spider-090028.jpg by Wisnu Purwanto, on Flickr
Although I usually don't like spiders, at least not the bigger types, I came to like these little ones. I see them all the time in and around the house.
Last time I had a big, long black lizard falling down from our Mango tree. My nieces big, fat rabbit tried to attack it but the lizard escaped quickly.😂
Sadly I didn't have the time to make pictures or a video of it.

Although I usually don't like spiders, at least not the bigger types, I came to like these little ones. I see them all the time in and around the house.
Last time I had a big, long black lizard falling down from our Mango tree. My nieces big, fat rabbit tried to attack it but the lizard escaped quickly.😂
Sadly I didn't have the time to make pictures or a video of it.
jumping spider is a lovely and cute pet; easy to care.
since it easy to find around your house, just catch it, you can get rich from selling jumping spiders

jumping spider is a lovely and cute pet; easy to care.
since it easy to find around your house, just catch it, you can get rich from selling jumping spiders
Maybe I should try my luck with this.😂
Anyway, I guess there isn't a market for them in Indonesia cause they are literally everywhere. Shipping them to Europe the right way might cost me more than I could ever earn.🤣

a strange find on the garage floor this afternoon

Attachments

• 20221208_135208.jpg
    20221208_135208.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 66
A thump at the front and looking outside found a beautiful kingfisher seemed to have stunned itself. Went to get the camera but as soon as I went out again it had flown away.
A few days ago found this rhinocerous beetle.P1070722.JPG Sorry the picture is not so sharp.
And a few days ago found a plant which we had not planted which grew very quickly.P1070727.JPGP1070728.JPGI find it is called Stink Lilly. Amorphophallus paeoniifolius, known as Stink Lily or Elephant foot yam is in the Aroid family (Araceae) and is found from India to New Guinea and in the far northern parts of Queensland. If you clck on the thumbnails it will produce a larger image. I had earlier today wondered if something had died. I guess we have to take the smell with the privilege of it deciding to grow in our tiny back yard.

A couple of days ago looking quite striking and then heavy rain which has left it rather bedraggled. Not sure if it will recover. We will see. Not really much smell compared with, as one can expect, other corpse plant species.
P1070730.JPG
P1070732.JPG

We waited but it seems the stink lily is dead.... it is not sleeping. This is not a sleeping plant.. this stink lily is dead. (Apologies Monty Python.)
P1070763.JPG

Moving house and one of first jobs was to put up a shelf for a bird bath and feeder tray. Have regular visits from these quite common birds which I couldn't find listed on a bali birds website. Not sure what they are called.

P1070835.JPG

Then this morning three visits from a pretty Bondol Haji. Not to the bird tray but scrounging for insects in the back yard. Flew away too quickly to get a pic.
  1. Bondol Haji (factsofIndonesia.com)
Bondol-haji-300x166.jpg
This bird is easy to recognize because on its head there is a white color, as pak haji wears a white hat. This rather small sized bird will sound like a flute when flying in groups.

Bondol Haji (Lonchura Maja) is a seed eater that has a funny style when flying, which is rising and falling at low speeds. He often visits open grasslands, agricultural land, and rice fields. When in the yard, the favorite tree he visits is the tall red palm he uses as a sleeping tree. In addition, fruit trees such as mango or rambutan do not escape being used as a stopover.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back