DON'T PANIC.... well, maybe a little bit.

Also, an "available hospital bed" may be something like this:

E55jSocVUAE1PPL.jpg

Picture was taken July 10th, at Yogyakarta's main public hospital, RSUP Dr Sardjito. At that point, you may want to take your chances at home.

Looks like the Delta variant is the problem for medical workers worldwide, whatever kind of vaccine taken.
Another takeaway from this article is that the vaccines are doing well at serving their secondary purpose, ie: significantly reducing the severity and lethality of Covid infections. Sinovac has not done as well but is still far better than being unvaccinated.

View attachment 1926

Picture was taken July 10th, at Yogyakarta's main public hospital, RSUP Dr Sardjito. At that point, you may want to take your chances at home.

Watch the video and compare how the Russians deal with their COVID Delta patients. Notice that visitors are not allowed without full PPE. I guess family members are not allowed too. But in Indonesia, patients have to be looked after by family. Otherwise, worse can happen. All the medical workers have too much to handle, they have never worked so hard their whole life.

Interesting how some countries deal with their citizens abroad during Covid. For example,

Saudi Arabia:

Australia:

Interesting how some countries deal with their citizens abroad during Covid. For example,

Saudi Arabia:

Australia:
Many so called "civilized countries" in the West have turned into full authoritarian states, freedom being thrown in the bin in name of the Covid religion.

This includes France, after our dear president's last decision :
- All medical staff, fire figthers, ambulance crews must bee mandatory vaccined before 30/9. If not they will be excluded from.their job. i.e. "sacked". Now this may technically, medically make sense, but the method is unacceptable.

- Covid pass mandatory to access bars, restaurants, malls, shopping centers, museums, cinemas etc. Which is simply a disguised way to oblige everybody to take the jab

Time for another revolution IMO, but the government has done such an excellent job of instauring a sacred fear and I think the sheeps will obey.

Another takeaway from this article is that the vaccines are doing well at serving their secondary purpose, ie: significantly reducing the severity and lethality of Covid infections. Sinovac has not done as well but is still far better than being unvaccinated.

The US and other advanced countries have much better hospital facilities (both equipment and manpower), hence, the reduced severity and lethality of COVID there.

If they came to Indonesia after getting their vaccines in the US, do you think their chance of survival and recovery will be the same?

Many so called "civilized countries" in the West have turned into full authoritarian states, freedom being thrown in the bin in name of the Covid religion.

This includes France, after our dear president's last decision :
- All medical staff, fire figthers, ambulance crews must bee mandatory vaccined before 30/9. If not they will be excluded from.their job. i.e. "sacked". Now this may technically, medically make sense, but the method is unacceptable.

Schools here were saying the same before the latest PSBB when they thought they were going to reopen in July/August.

A midday news report that Japan is to make a plane available for Japanese in Indonesia to return home. Australia which has far fewer cases of Covid had made it very difficult for citizens to return from overseas.

A midday news report that Japan is to make a plane available for Japanese in Indonesia to return home. Australia which has far fewer cases of Covid had made it very difficult for citizens to return from overseas.

I found the fact that Australia threatened citizens, who were not sick, that want to return from India with jail time to be incredibly bizarre. Should never happen in a democracy, or really any type of government.

The US and other advanced countries have much better hospital facilities (both equipment and manpower), hence, the reduced severity and lethality of COVID there.

If they came to Indonesia after getting their vaccines in the US, do you think their chance of survival and recovery will be the same?
I agree that the chance of survival and recovery is lower here than in wealthier countries, but the chance of survival and recovery here is MUCH lower for unvaccinated people than for vaccinated ones. Indonesia may not have an ICU bed for you if you get sick, but if you are vaccinated (even with the Sinovac vaccine), you are far less likely to need an ICU bed than if you are unvaccinated.

Looks like the Delta variant is the problem for medical workers worldwide, whatever kind of vaccine taken.

The Pfizer vaccine has a 96% effectiveness at preventing symptomatic cases, and it is commonly acknowledged that the effectiveness at preventing infection entirely is lower, I have seen estimates of 75%. (Also 99.9+% effective at preventing serious disease and death.) It should be no surprise if a few symptomatic cases pop up within a hospital of thousands of vaccinated healthcare workers, or dozens of asymptomatic cases to be found when doing random testing.

A report that Ivermectin has been approved by the govt for emergency Covid treatment
4 days ago our business partner in Bali (woman 38, Indonesian) got covid with a 39-degree temperature on the first night. Smell and taste loss, meaning it should not be the delta variant. She took the first jab of Sinovac 5 days ago, so probably already had lower immunity after the shot. We have sent her some medicines as everything is hard to find now in Bali, even in hospitals (azytromicine, levofloxacine, zinc), she combined with panadol, vitamin D, C, and gargling with betadine, and we also sent her 3 pills of ivermectine (ivermax 12), that should be taken day 1, 3 and 5. After 3 days her temperature is 36 now. I do not claim that ivermectin works but this is one of the anecdotal stories.

Our acquaintance from Jakarta, who got the delta variant earlier, recovered with non-ivermectin therapy, although he was on home oxygen for 5 days as well. Now his d dimer is near 600 so he is on blood thinners (Eliquis, it was very hard to find and expensive like hell).

I remember thinking over the past year that at some point Indonesia is going to be the no. 1 world hotspot in the world for this thing, even while focus was on the US, Brazil and India. We managed to stay under the radar but it was only a matter of time, and now here we are. We're all pretty much trapped here for this year at least - even countries that accept flights from Indonesia will have long quarantine periods.

I remember thinking over the past year that at some point Indonesia is going to be the no. 1 world hotspot in the world for this thing, even while focus was on the US, Brazil and India. We managed to stay under the radar but it was only a matter of time, and now here we are. We're all pretty much trapped here for this year at least - even countries that accept flights from Indonesia will have long quarantine periods.
I don't feel trapped.
Stay away from other humans as much as possible and use all the sensible precautions to protect from viral spread. the vaccines etc are just additional helpful measures & not magic answers.
On the plus side of all of this at least (at this time) it isn't spread by mozzie bites. :) Always a silver lining x

Time for another revolution IMO, but the government has done such an excellent job of instauring a sacred fear and I think the sheeps will obey.
That's a bit of a disproportionate response, don't ya think? Some small amount of people are required to take a shot that they don't want before accessing public areas so you want to disenfranchise the whole population that voted for the current government? You reckon' it will somehow be bloodless or are you okay with murdering people because you don't want to obey reasonable laws?

You managed to mix two topics (effects of vaccine and treatment/care of the infected) into one and make things rather confusing. If your objective was just to obfuscate the matter, good job.

This is the sort of thing that makes people wonder whether conspiracy theorists and "alt facts" people are: trolls, puppet masters preying on the "reasoning challenged", or themselves incapable of sound reasoning.

Last edited:

View attachment 1926

That looks horrid. Why is there 3 inches of water everywhere? As someone who has a special hate for wet bathrooms I would lose my mind in there.

54% had 1st vaccination
42 % fully vaccinated

Remain 26% to vaccinate to arrive at the "miracle" ratio of 80%

That's a bit more than a few.....

"are you okay with murdering people because you don't want to obey reasonable laws?"

You had me laughing with that one.

A shamd on a country that has "LIBERTE / EGALITE" written on every city, that was an example of democratic guidance and human rights.

So looks like at least some of the studies supporting Ivermectin were conceived with made-up data.

Interestingly enough, one of the culprits is the same one that wrote a retracted Lancet paper against Hydroxychloroquine, using the same made-up database.

I guess the guy just had a stockpile of Ivermectin that he needed to offload, and didn't like that people were buying HCQ instead...:unsure:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back