DON'T PANIC.... well, maybe a little bit.

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
Your post said (your words)
Effective July 13th, Singapore is no longer allowing TRANSIT for any passengers with a travel history to Indonesia within the last 21 days.

That is not what the article says. You can still transit, you just need -ve test 48hours ?

Paragraph 2 says no transit

Paragraph 3 says for entry a PCR test is required (and of course you need a valid visa)

snpark

Cager
Ok I am not being pedantic, just saying it is not exactly what the title says when you read the small print

dafluff

Cager
Ok I am not being pedantic, just saying it is not exactly what the title says when you read the small print

"With effect from 𝟭𝟮 𝗝𝘂𝗹𝘆 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭, 𝟮𝟯𝟱𝟵 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘀, all travellers with travel history to Indonesia within the last 21 days will also 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗶𝘁 through Singapore."

Which part of the above are you struggling with?

Note, items 1, 3 and 4 of the post from the Singaporean Embassy has nothing to do with transit.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
Either way, speak with the airline(s), look at their web site(s) as some like JAL and Korean Air helped me a lot in terms of information on what the US and Indonesia entry requirements were. Try to keep an eye on social media to see what is being said. If you hear anything, please share.

Then you should be golden.

dafluff

Cager
The rollout of the paid vaccination scheme by Kimia Farma has been postponed until further notice.

The program has been criticized as the free public rollout is still lagging.

Dave70

Cager
The rollout of the paid vaccination scheme by Kimia Farma has been postponed until further notice.

The program has been criticized as the free public rollout is still lagging.

I don't understand the fuss, there cannot be any mix-up, Sinovac is free while Sinopharm is paid. It's not like the rich taking the vaccines intended for the poor.

Not enough company is paying for Sinopharm, they should start 'Gotong Royong Individu' before all their stocks EXPIRE.

gemima

Cager
I don't understand the fuss, there cannot be any mix-up, Sinovac is free while Sinopharm is paid. It's not like the rich taking the vaccines intended for the poor.

Not enough company is paying for Sinopharm, they should start 'Gotong Royong Individu' before all their stocks EXPIRE.
The GR scheme seems to be a complete mess. I signed up my company and they suggested we would have to wait till November before the vaccine would be ready so of course, the entire team has got the free vaccines by now (we would have been delighted to pay for the GR if we'd been given an opportunity). I'd like to know exactly how many GR vaccines have actually been distributed.
These vaccines should be in arms not in a political mess.

centurion

Cager
The GR scheme seems to be a complete mess. I signed up my company and they suggested we would have to wait till November before the vaccine would be ready so of course, the entire team has got the free vaccines by now (we would have been delighted to pay for the GR if we'd been given an opportunity). I'd like to know exactly how many GR vaccines have actually been distributed.
These vaccines should be in arms not in a political mess.
Agree. Our company also enrolled and never got feedback. All employees got already vaccinated by Sinovac and AZ in the meantime.

Amazing info is that 44% of Jakartans have antibodies, meaning got covid already.

Helpful Herbert

Agree. Our company also enrolled and never got feedback. All employees got already vaccinated by Sinovac and AZ in the meantime.

Amazing info is that 44% of Jakartans have antibodies, meaning got covid already.
I read that article too. It seems to mix up a few things. If 44.5% of people have antibodies, surely that does not mean 44.5% of people have had Covid. It would include people who have had a vaccine, even one dose. So probably half or more of the 44.5% have antibodies from vaccines not from infections.

Secondly, I don't think 44.5% is anywhere close to herd immunity. With the delta variant, plus the fact that Sinovac seems to have limited effectiveness, even reaching 80% antibodies would not be enough, and that is a long way away.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
I read that article too. It seems to mix up a few things. If 44.5% of people have antibodies, surely that does not mean 44.5% of people have had Covid. It would include people who have had a vaccine, even one dose. So probably half or more of the 44.5% have antibodies from vaccines not from infections.

Secondly, I don't think 44.5% is anywhere close to herd immunity. With the delta variant, plus the fact that Sinovac seems to have limited effectiveness, even reaching 80% antibodies would not be enough, and that is a long way away.

I agree it isn't close to herd mentality, but what number do you say is the target?

I wonder out of the number that is being provided, how many were false positives and how many positive cases have gone unreported(either by not being tested or doing a self test and then self quarantining?) I have heard from a few people that I trust in my apartment complex that there are people at the apartments who have tested positive, but are choosing to just stay home and self quarantine. My guess is right now people are watching the news, seeing the hospitals are full/overcrowding, and the videos of the burials sites, they might have second thoughts on reporting that they tested positive.

Balifrog

Now Moderma is saying there will need to be a booster shot.

Of course if Big Pharma has the.opportunity to push for a 3rd, a 4th, yearly ...they will push for it. Billions at stake for them !

It's like the barman asking if you want another round ....

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
Of course if Big Pharma has the.opportunity to push for a 3rd, a 4th, yearly ...they will push for it. Billions at stake for them !

It's like the barman asking if you want another round ....

I do want a beer if you are offering, but another round of jabs, no thank you.

Nimbus

Charter Member
Cager
It’s ironic. If everybody takes the vaccines, Covid will stop being a problem in a short time, then it will disappear for good like smallpox. As long as half the people refuse vaccines, we’ll continue to need them. It’s going to be like flu vaccines, administered once a year.

I think it’s Darwin’s natural selection. Covid will continue evolving among the unvaccinated population and killing more of them. I predict that after the 5th or 6th wave governments will grow tired when their countries teeter at the brink of ecnomic ruin, then begin mandatory vaccinations. Vaccine ID or passport will become a reality, precisely because people refuse vaccines.

Oh well.

HappyMan

Charter Member
Cager
I think it’s Darwin’s natural selection. Covid will continue evolving among the unvaccinated population and killing more of them. I predict that after the 5th or 6th wave governments will grow tired when their countries teeter at the brink of ecnomic ruin, then begin mandatory vaccinations. Vaccine ID or passport will become a reality, precisely because people refuse vaccines.

Oh well.
That's an interesting thought. I've often thought that natural selection in the developed world is now mostly just selecting people who like having unprotected sex or having lots of children. Problem gene pools like my own extreme myopia aren't limiting factors for reproduction... it seems like very few things are. Just... those lyrics from Flagpole Sitta seem to be spot on.

I'm not taking joy in it, but there is some sense in the idea that nature will still find a way to sift the gene pool a bit (through randomness, as always). Wow, that seems like a messed up thing to say, even to me as I write it. But, people are willfully refusing to do the things that will keep them alive. Practically speaking, the young and virile are not the ones dying, but it is still interesting to consider that natural selection can be pushed along by people refusing to use common sense on a mass scale.

Last edited:

Nimbus

Charter Member
Cager
That's an interesting thought. I've often thought that natural selection in the developed world is now mostly just selecting people who like having unprotected sex or having lots of children. Problem gene pools like my own extreme myopia aren't limiting factors for reproduction... it seems like very few things are. Just... those lyrics from Flagpole Sitta seem to be spot on.
I'm not taking joy in it, but there is some sense in the idea that nature will still find a way to weed the gene pool a bit (through randomness, as always). Wow, that seems like a messed up thing to say, even to me as I write it. But, people are willfully refusing to do the things that will keep them alive. Practically speaking, the young and virile are not the ones dying, but it is still interesting to consider that natural selection can be pushed along by people refusing to use common sense.
Natural selection is still happening among humans, but rarely on mass scale.

HappyMan

Charter Member
Cager
Natural selection is still happening among humans, but rarely on mass scale.
Lol. I edited to add these words to the end of my spiel just before your post popped up for me.

Helpful Herbert

Yesterday was the first day ever that Indonesia has been top of the infection charts and also the first day ever it has been top of the death charts:

13 July.jpg

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lyndal