DON'T PANIC.... well, maybe a little bit.

I love the compairison ....

"that a third dose may be needed within 6 to 12 months after full vaccination"

Of course Pfizer and the other drug companies want a third dose and then they will want a fourth and a fifth. It's like bartenders asking you if you want another round.

Effective July 13th, Singapore is no longer allowing TRANSIT for any passengers with a travel history to Indonesia within the last 21 days.

E57eqwDUUAMA_xw.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/SingaporeEmbassyJkt/

Beginning July 11th, the UAE is suspending entry and TRANSIT for travelers with travel history to Indonesia within the last 14 days. It also bans its own citizens from travel to Indonesia.

Last edited:
Beginning July 11th, the UAE is suspending entry and TRANSIT for travelers with travel history to Indonesia within the last 14 days. It also bans its own citizens from travel to Indonesia.

Does It mean that the Istanbul Airport is the only hub for Europe and the US still allowing transit from Indonesia?

Interesting data about Sinovac efficacy and covid infections in Kudus, mostly delta variant. The health department says the vaccine is effective, having 7,1% of hospitalizations among health workers.

In the meantime, some studies and news claim that the covid infection vs hospitalization rate is 6.86% for older streams, and that hospitalization for delta is almost double (meaning 13-14%) Does it mean Sinovac is only 50% effective in preventing hospitalization for delta(maybe slightly more as health workers are exposed to higher quantities of virus)? This means even if all population is vaccinated with Sinovac in Indonesia, the health system would anyway collapse.

For US I think you can still transit via Japan, Taipei or Philippines?

Back in December, one of my Dad's friends told me Philippines has the quarantine on arrival and then when you travel within the country, you had to quarantine in the different city/provience after that.

Japan and South Korea will probably depend on how many people they have on their flights.

Kimia Farma will begin offering vaccines using the paid scheme. Available at 8 branches in Java-Bali, the Sinopharm vaccine costs ~US$60 for 2 shots.

If can not access the free vaccines, this may be an avenue for you to get protected.

I think you misread the news. The last sentence says the transit flights are excepted.

Attachments

• IMG-20210711-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20210711-WA0004.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 127
I think you misread the news. The last sentence says the transit flights are excepted.
The tweet from UAE's National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA) says "as well as for transit passengers coming from these countries"... 🤷‍♂️

The tweet from UAE's National Emergency Crisis and Disaster Management Authority (NCEMA) says "as well as for transit passengers coming from these countries"... 🤷‍♂️
On the bottom of NCEMA info says:" With the exception of transit flights travelling to UAE and bound for these countries", meaning transits are allowed.

On the bottom of NCEMA info says:" With the exception of transit flights travelling to UAE and bound for these countries", meaning transits are allowed.
Yeah a bit confusing, but I understood that as transit flights "travelling to UAE and bound for these countries", which is not the same as "travelling to UAE and originating from these countries".

FWIW, the Emirates website (last updated July 6th, so does not include the last revision), says

All passengers who have travelled from or transited through India, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka in the last 14 days will not be accepted for travel to or transfer through Dubai from any other point except for returning UAE nationals.

Since Indonesia is being "upgraded" to the same status as those countries, I expect the rules to be applied similarly.

Anyone with flights to UAE should check with their airlines and get a definite answer.

Yeah a bit confusing, but I understood that as transit flights "travelling to UAE and bound for these countries", which is not the same as "travelling to UAE and originating from these countries".

FWIW, the Emirates website (last updated July 6th, so does not include the last revision), says

Since Indonesia is being "upgraded" to the same status as those countries, I expect the rules to be applied similarly.
I think you should correct / or partially retract the info. UAE has many airports. 2 airports, Abu Dhabi and Dubai are just the most famous.

Meaning the transits are allowed.

Last edited:
I think you should correct / or partially retract the info. UAE has many airports. 2 airports, Abu Dhabi and Dubai are just the most famous.

Meaning the transits are allowed.
Fair enough...done:

Also your SG release has been misunderstood. If you have PCR / vaccinated etc you can still transit. It says 2. Except blah blah

ENTRY vs TRANSIT

Your post said (your words)
Effective July 13th, Singapore is no longer allowing TRANSIT for any passengers with a travel history to Indonesia within the last 21 days.

That is not what the article says. You can still transit, you just need -ve test 48hours ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc