DON'T PANIC.... well, maybe a little bit.

Jesus - not everything on Twitter is unreliable. Have you ever used it? Nuice media is an Indonesian news source. They are just one example - feel free to use another source.

Yes there is a lot of crap on SM, there is also a lot of crappy opinions on message boards, the point is you follow sources you feel are reliable and I trust the daily stats from nuice media. If you choose not to jog on mate.

Calm down my man, calm down...

And Jesus has nothing to do with it......

"the point is you follow sources you feel are reliable and I trust the daily stats from nuice media"

"Feel" and "trust" being the problem IMHO ....

But hey, what do I know ?

Meanwhile, try to build a real argumentation... based on facts...not personal "feelings" .

Indonesia just announced large scale social distancing to apply for Java and Bali, 11-25 January. This was deemed necessary as hospitalization, including ICU use, is reaching capacity.

On paper this means:

Work from office limited to 25% capacity.
School/teaching remains online
Essential sectors allowed to operate with health protocols
Malls to close by 7 pm.
Restaurants limited to 25% capacity.

In reality, nothing will change.

Indonesia just announced large scale social distancing to apply for Java and Bali, 11-25 January. This was deemed necessary as hospitalization, including ICU use, is reaching capacity.

On paper this means:

Work from office limited to 25% capacity.
School/teaching remains online
Essential sectors allowed to operate with health protocols
Malls to close by 7 pm.
Restaurants limited to 25% capacity.

In reality, nothing will change.

Especially when it is underlined that... this is not "pelarangan"

In her Facebook post, Neckelmann described Michael as the "love of her life," and blamed his death on the vaccine.

"He was a very healthy 56-year-old, loved by everyone in the community, delivered hundreds of healthy babies and worked tireless through the pandemic," she said in the post, which had received more than 1,400 comments as of 8 p.m. Wednesday.

She said a team of doctors from across the country tried for two weeks to raise his platelet count "to no avail." He was conscious until suffering a hemorrhagic stroke "that took his life in a matter of minutes," she wrote.

Michael was a vaccine advocate, his wife said, before raising doubts about its safety.

"I believe that people should be aware that side effects can happened, that it is not good for everyone and in this case destroyed a beautiful life, a perfect family, and has affected so many people in the community," she wrote. "Do not let his death be in vain please save more lives by making this information news."

Good news: Sinovac's vaccine seems to have 78% efficacy and 100% effectiveness in preventing severe disease.

Caution: The data has not been published/peer-reviewed. Even by the most optimistic projection, it will take over 1 year to vaccinate Indonesia.

Good to know that it is OK to share links to alternative news site, I thought Chinese and Russian sites are taboo here (that's why I only share links to mainstream media). Anyway, I understand the vaccine is free for Indonesians. So WNA has to pay for it, but where/how to buy?

Good to know that it is OK to share links to alternative news site, I thought Chinese and Russian sites are taboo here (that's why I only share links to mainstream media). Anyway, I understand the vaccine is free for Indonesians. So WNA has to pay for it, but where/how to buy?
As far as I am aware the BPOM hasn't approved any of the vaccines here yet so I don't think anything is available as yet. Knowing how things work here I'd imagine once they get approved the non-WNA and rich WNA will be able to jump the queue by paying at private hospitals

If you heard about the nurse who fainted, she's alive but said she has a medical condition where she often faints when she feels pain. I'm wondering, is the injection painful? I don't see people screaming of pain when they are being injected on TV.

I don't personally know anyone who has had any of the vaccines yet - but injections generally hurt a bit. And after there is the possibility to have a sore arm and even a bit of fever/ tiredness for a day. If you do have pain at the injection site and general aches and pains it's just showing you that it's working!
I'm stupidly scared of needles - I fainted once after having a pile of travel vaccinations in both arms. It was nothing to do with the actual vaccines - it was all in my head. I also fainted once getting a finger prick cholesterol check. I wouldn't volunteer to go on TV having an injection because I'm probably not a good example patient.
I'll be getting the vaccine as soon as I possibly can - no matter how much I hate needles, I hate COVID more.

As far as I am aware the BPOM hasn't approved any of the vaccines here yet so I don't think anything is available as yet. Knowing how things work here I'd imagine once they get approved the non-WNA and rich WNA will be able to jump the queue by paying at private hospitals

I don't understand why the vaccine can be imported without BPOM approval. There must be approval first before it can be imported. Or just skip the process (exception), allow its import and use without BPOM approval. Now they also want halal certification, Indonesia is getting more Islamic than some Arab countries now. Some medicine just cannot be "halal", some vaccines too.

Good to know that it is OK to share links to alternative news site, I thought Chinese and Russian sites are taboo here (that's why I only share links to mainstream media).
For a change I have to agree with you on this one. I hope that someone can inform us of any peer studies that produced similar results as the Chinese news website above claims. If their claim is true it would be great.

Reporters Without Borders ranks China 177 out of 180 countries in their World Press Freedom Index. Three steps away from North Korea.

The halal certificate is just a question of money. Even if the vaccine includes pig extracts, alcohol and the requirement to wear a Santa hat, the halal body will certify it as halal as long as the correct payment is made to them.

I don't understand why the vaccine can be imported without BPOM approval. There must be approval first before it can be imported. Or just skip the process (exception), allow its import and use without BPOM approval.
Does BPOM dictate import? I thought they only approve it for administering to patients. The government is planning on the program kicking off on the 13th with BPOM approval. https://en.tempo.co/read/1420951/bp...itted-after-emergency-authorization-is-issued

Chinese/Russian sites are not taboo, conspiracy websites and hoaxes are. A sign that the website you are linking is not a hoax is that you can also get the same news from other sources, for example:

However, if you are unable to tell the difference, it is maybe best to stick to mainstream media links.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc
Back