DON'T PANIC.... well, maybe a little bit.

It is now established that the new virus originating in Wuhan is being transmitted from human to human and it is has spread to Beijing, Shanghai, Korea, Japan and Australia. The CPC is saying "don't panic."

Some interesting comparisons with Spanish flu pandemic in 1918 which swept around the world, infected supposedly 500 million people and killed between 50 and 100 million.The Spanish flu also was said to have originated in a piggery in China and there were no treatments available at the time. Various authorities suppressed early news and only published information about it's spread in Spain which gave rise to it being called Spanish Flu. The very young and very old were particularly susceptible. Others likely to be most vulnerable were people who were malnourished. In a country such as Indonesia I am not sure of the numbers of malnourished but I presume there are many.

It will be interesting to see how this develops in the next few weeks.
I just popped back to OP on this ... interesting how it is panning out, no?

Jakarta Governor (and former education minister) Anies Baswedan is shutting down schools for 2 weeks, and going to distance learning.

It is killing me that its Anies who is taking proactive steps. I hope he has plans to handle the effects of millions of kids not going to school. He is a self interested politician, but on balance I think he is doing the right thing.

I just popped back to OP on this ... interesting how it is panning out, no?

I feel like watching a slow motion disaster movie, and all the stuff that was going on in China a month ago is like the set-up, and the story line is building up to a disaster. Now we are entering the climax phase where everything is hitting the fan all at once...

Or Dustin Hoffman, Will Smith, Avery Brooks(for his leadership), Alexander Siddig.

Umm....no.

Also GlobalResearch is a conspiracy theory site which among other things posts Anti-vax and chemtrails conspiracies. There is no room for anything they write in a reasonable discussion.

OK, but this one is published by Veterans Today. Who are they?

VeteransToday.com (VT) is an independent alternative journal for the clandestine services focused on U.S. Foreign Policy and Military Issues.

VT operates as de-centralized virtual media providing fully 100% independent writers from the USA and around the world a free and open platform to express their news and points of view without censorship in the spirit of press freedom and democracy.

Founded in 2004 by an American citizen John Allen who is also known in the artist community as “Johnny Punish“, VT remains owned by John Allen and legally runs through his private U.S. based Limited Liability Company (LLC).

VT is fully 100% independent and maintains no other owners, partners or assigns. VT maintains NO official brick and mortar offices.

And this is their article today:
Breaking/Exclusive: US Brought COVID19 to China with Fake Army Team for Military Games, Evidence Mounting

In October 2019, the US brought 172 (really 369) military athletes to Wuhan for the World Military Games. Despite having the largest military in the world, ten fold, the US came in 35th behind nations like Iran, Finland and Slovenia. No video or photos exist of the US team, no records were kept, a huge team but a pitiful performance for the best military in the world.

The US team did so badly that they were called “Soy Sauce Soldiers” by the Chinese. In fact, many never participated in any event and stayed near the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market, where the disease is said to have originated only days after the US left the area.

The US team went home on October 28, 2019 and within 2 weeks, the first human contact cases of COVID 19 were seen in Wuhan. The Chinese have not been able to find “patient zero” and believe he was a member of the US team.

They also have sources that say the US had misrepresented influenza that Trump claims has killed thousands, an influenza carried to China by the US team, an influenza that was really COVID 19, a disease developed in a military bio-warfare facility in the state of Washington, now “ground zero” in the US for COVID 19.

The Chinese claim, something censored in the US, that the inattentive attitude and disproportionately below average results of American athletes in the game indicate they might have been in for other purposes and they might actually be bio-warfare operatives, and that their place of residence during their stay in Wuhan was also close to the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market, where the first known cluster of cases occurred.

OK, but this one is published by Veterans Today. Who are they?

Well, why don't you Google them then, at least?

"Veterans Today is a pro-Kremlin and antisemitic conspiracy theory and fake news website. It describes itself as a "military veterans and foreign affairs journal", but the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) had said "the anti-Israel bent on VT can slide pretty quickly into overt anti-Semitism."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veterans_Today

Please stop posting links from insane conspiracy websites here.

What some of the companies in RI do....

F7034850-12AE-4516-8ABF-7C7967EDCFC2.jpeg

I may become a martyr or something since I will be flying into Jakarta Monday for a few days of needed shopping for the products or sizes we can not get here. Most time in Serpong and BSD city with one trip into S Jakarta. Going to mask in terminals and aircraft but due to no mask being available anywhere, the 2 of us have 4 total. Will of course try to avoid any large crowds and no pasars for sure. Will of course be visiting some malls so will try yo keep some sort of distance from others. Have a car and drive for 2 of the days and hopefully the driver is feeling fine. We do have wipes for the areas of the car that could be touched. Last day will be grab\Go cars and those will be a different story. I do have latex gloves and will probably take some along.

Washing hands or sanitizing hands remove whats on your hands. As soon as you have done that, you stat over again. The key thing is to keep your hands away from your face and out of direct spray of coughs and sneezes. We will watch out and just see what happens. Just need to keep up our guards.

At my age and with some underlying conditions, if I get it I just hope it is one of those an hour and your gone cases.

I think a big long-term realization from this pandemic will be that many jobs can actually be done from home, most meetings could be e-mails or VC.

Will kinda suck for commercial real estate companies going forward tho...

That thought also popped into my head :)

It is killing me that its Anies who is taking proactive steps. I hope he has plans to handle the effects of millions of kids not going to school. He is a self interested politician, but on balance I think he is doing the right thing.
Will of course try to avoid any large crowds and no pasars for sure. Will of course be visiting some malls so will try yo keep some sort of distance from others.

Well, in Bekasi for instance they dont really (want to) understand what's going on. So the Bekasi Night Festival will still be held in the Food City Parking Area on Sunday the 15th.

Deputy Mayor of Bekasi Tri Ardianto urged residents not to worry about coming to the Bekasi Night Festival. Because the committee has prepared measures and anticipates action to limit the spread of the virus at the event.

“Yes, if it is as stated by the Mayor, to this day I am communicating with him that God willing, with the procedures of handling and prevention that we do (for the event) all will be fine and the event will run smoothly." Tri said yesterday.

Tri stated that medical personnel would be available at the Bekasi Night Festival. In addition, the committee also prepared hand sanitizers at several spots. They will also check the temperature of each visitor who will attend the Bekasi Night Festival. "So that if people who have infections and high temperatures we encourage them to rest at home" he said.

They expect 3.000 people.

It's clear that almost every country in the world will have closed its borders within 2 weeks. But I wonder when the loss of jobs, people going crazy inside small flats, bankruptcy of half the tourism sector etc. will start to lead to civil disturbances. Or will people "keep calm and carry on"? Interesting social experiment.

Indonesia's capital city Jakarta will close all schools and has ordered remote teaching for at least two weeks starting next week to curb the spread of the coronavirus, the city's government said.

How exactly would a normal SMP or SD do remote teaching?

Indonesia's Transportation Minister Budi Karya is confirmed of having Covid19. Initially they denied this and said he had typhoid.

Indonesia's capital city Jakarta will close all schools and has ordered remote teaching for at least two weeks starting next week to curb the spread of the coronavirus, the city's government said.

How exactly would a normal SMP or SD do remote teaching?

As is, they barely do any teaching anyway...

If anyone has been following the MedCram YouTube channel with Dr. Seheult and his coronavirus updates, I first of all recommend to review the Updates 34 & 35. However, it's probably worth binge watching all of the updates if you have the time, especially if you've always been interested in molecular biology and other medical topics. In any case, I wanted to specifically discuss zinc ionophores.

To summarize the theory outlined by Dr. Seheult, zinc has been shown to possibly slow down viral replication. This is significant, as it would allow your immune system to have a fighting chance to create antibodies faster than the virus is multiplying. The problem is, getting zinc where it needs to be - mainly inside the cell membrane. From the videos, he describes the 2+ ion characteristics of zinc that restricts entry through the cell membrane. Now enter zinc ionophores - which reportedly produce a "gateway" to allow the zinc though. The first zinc ionophore he discusses is chloroquine - which has been used as an anti-malarial for quite some time. Here in the US, it's a drug that can only be prescribed by a physician (due to side effects). I'm not sure what the status is in Indonesia, as I've been able to go and buy quite a few pharmaceuticals over the counter at various apotiks. In Korea (which has been doing a pretty good job dealing with coronavirus), are using hydroxychloroquine - 400mg as noted here. Hydroxychloroquine, I' believe, has less side effects. I've read some news that chloroquine is currently in high demand across the US, and pharmacies are on back order for some time.

The other point that Dr. Seheult made, were about other (more available) forms of zinc ionophores. At the top of the list is quercetin. There are two interesting clinical studies on quercetin that show it's effectiveness as an anti-viral. The National Center of Biotechnology Information (NCBI) noted here that quercetin inhibited influenza A. As well, there is currently a clinical trial going on between China and a clinical research institute in Canada with quercetin and coronavirus as described here. Quercetin naturally occurs in some plants - red raspberries and black grapes seem to have the highest amounts. However, it's sold as a concentrated supplement for helping the immune system and allergy support. They also use it in some energy drinks, as it has a bit of a stimulant effect. You don't want to take this in the evening, as it can interfere with REM sleep. That's an important point, as Dr. Seheult discussed early on that getting 7-8 hours of regular sleep is very important for your immune system. Here is a paper from the NCBI, that discusses quercetin and epigallocatechin-gallate (EGCG - green tea extract) as being effective zinc ionophores. EGCG is something people use as weight loss supplements, and immune support. However, it can upset your stomach and definitely has a stimulant effect.

Taking zinc supplements, vitamin D3 (1000 IU), getting proper/regular sleep, and possibly introducing a zinc ionophore to create celluar metabolic gateways may improve your defense in the event of exposure. Not ever getting this virus is of course the best outcome, but this is at least something worth considering until a vaccine becomes available.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back