Demonstrations planned against ... Coldplay?

And in another "I told you so moment"

Coldplay now extended in SG and added ANOTHER night

So they can barely manage a full 24 hours in a country of 300 million people flying in and out the same day for a show of 50,000.

But happy to play 5 or 6 nights in a tiny Island of a few million only

Tells you everything about how Indonesia is viewed these days. Especially Jakarta.

Imagine having 7 nights of Coldplay here selling out, all the hotels and extra income.

But no. We have politics and religion ruining it all.
Argentina come without Messi
Maybe Coldplay come without Chris
The main reason is getting the permits and permission processed. Evidently Singapore is a quick process where Indonesia is a paperwork nightmare. Singapore will fill the venue every night. The first four are sold out and the 5th will also. Tourism money will be making a big influx into Singapore including those coming from Indonesia.

Coldplay don't even want to fly in until the day itself here. Sound check. Press. Show. Then leave immediately after. Safety and security concerns.

Meanwhile they will be wondering around the gardens and harbour of SG showing the world what a wonderful clean safe country it is.

So sad

Tells you everything about how Indonesia is viewed these days. Especially Jakarta.
This is nothing new though, right? One must admit Singapore has had nicer cultural performance venues than Jakarta for years

Maybe Coldplay come without Chris…

…...They should send over a Coldplay cover band to do the Jakarta show

So Queen would be okay now? 🤔 Oh ….eh wait.

And Formula 1 instead of …. Formula E !!
I quite like Formula E myself (though it's still a far cry from Formula 1) -- but it's a bit funny having it in Jakarta given it's not exactly a showcase for EV availability :)

I quite like Formula E myself (though it's still a far cry from Formula 1) -- but it's a bit funny having it in Jakarta given it's not exactly a showcase for EV availability :)
My mother back in Ireland (not a motorsport fan) has somehow stumbled upon both of the Jakarta Formula E races and watched them (without me prompting her - I didnt even know the events were on in the city I bloody live in). She quite enjoyed the coverage and remarked that they showed off Jakarta well (I have no idea if she is just telling me that to be polite). So the coverage is getting out there in the world lol

Now confirmed Taylor Swift is SIX nights in SG

Making Indonesia look more like a joke every week

Now confirmed Taylor Swift is SIX nights in SG

Making Indonesia look more like a joke every week
The state is seriously supporting them, it is by design, not by accident.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blonstein