An El Niño year…. 🌞

So far this year the dry season has been very hot and dry. Many people have suffered from this to a greater or lesser extent. The farmers especially, many of whom have had their crops fail partially or completely due to a lack of rain. This was already somewhat predicted as we are in an el-Nino year.

But there is good news from the BMKG (Meteorology Council for Climatology and Geophysics). They have posted an article about the 2023-2024 rainy season and the expectations are that the rainy season will start later in many places, but not much later than normal. In general, precipitation will be normal, no more or less than in other years. furthermore, they expect the rainy season to be shorter than normal in many places.

The article on their website is as you often see. You are bombarded with precise figures, but there is hardly any really useful information. For example, they tell you that in 48.60% of Indonesia (930,804 km2) the rainy season will start later than normal and that in 111,593 km2 (5.83%) of Indonesia, the rainy season will start at the usual time. Who is this kind of vague talk interesting for? Who is their target group, you wonder? What about Jakarta or Surabaya for example and other major cities where most of the people reading this article live? Who writes these types of articles? Predicting the weather months ahead with percentages two decimal places, really? Anyway. For those interested, the article is here.

So far this year the dry season has been very hot and dry. Many people have suffered from this to a greater or lesser extent. The farmers especially, many of whom have had their crops fail partially or completely due to a lack of rain. This was already somewhat predicted as we are in an el-Nino year.

But there is good news from the BMKG (Meteorology Council for Climatology and Geophysics). They have posted an article about the 2023-2024 rainy season and the expectations are that the rainy season will start later in many places, but not much later than normal. In general, precipitation will be normal, no more or less than in other years. furthermore, they expect the rainy season to be shorter than normal in many places.

The article on their website is as you often see. You are bombarded with precise figures, but there is hardly any really useful information. For example, they tell you that in 48.60% of Indonesia (930,804 km2) the rainy season will start later than normal and that in 111,593 km2 (5.83%) of Indonesia, the rainy season will start at the usual time. Who is this kind of vague talk interesting for? Who is their target group, you wonder? What about Jakarta or Surabaya for example and other major cities where most of the people reading this article live? Who writes these types of articles? Predicting the weather months ahead with percentages two decimal places, really? Anyway. For those interested, the article is here.
What I seen yesterday was the BMKG stating that it rained heavy in Bandung with winds so this means the transition from dry to rainy seasons has started. Ha, I think it rained in Bandung.

What I seen yesterday was the BMKG stating that it rained heavy in Bandung with winds so this means the transition from dry to rainy seasons has started. Ha, I think it rained in Bandung.
We're also in JaBar, and we had two short but strong rain showers this week, each at approx. 6pm.

Very welcome.

I didn't see any rain yesterday but there was heavy rain on Thursday.

It was probably Thursday when it rained but yesterday, Friday when I heard the report

In the last episode of Netflix's Life on Our Planet ... a warning:
Humans rose above the rest. But the possibility of a sixth mass extinction now looms: Has our ingenuity caused our downfall?

Attachments

• Life on Our Planet_2023.jpg
    Life on Our Planet_2023.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 25
The Bureau of Meteorology has declared the El Niño weather event of 2023-2024 to be over, with odds increasing that its cooler counterpart, the La Niña, will return by the coming spring.

Conditions in the central equatorial Pacific have now returned to neutral conditions, about seven months after the El Niño had got under way, the bureau said on Tuesday.

This natural phenomenon, together with climate change, made 2023 the hottest year ever measured worldwide. August to October was Australia’s driest three-month period ever recorded by the bureau. For our extended region, an El Niño typically delivers below-average rainfall, while La Niñas are associated with wetter than usual weather.

Should a La Niña get under way later this year it would be the fourth such event in the past five years. Such a sequence – of three La Niñas followed by an El Niño and La Niña – hasn’t been recorded previously.

Other agencies have also been forecasting the possibility of a La Niña event later this year. The US’s National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, for instance, last week put the odds of a La Niña at about 85%..

La Niñas typically see a strengthening of the easterly equatorial winds, shifting rainfall patterns towards south-east Asia. The number of cyclones affecting the region are usually above average during La Niña years

It seems from the newscast flooding has already set some kind of records for number and areas flooded. I'm not including the trash clogged gutter flooding in Jakarta.

It seems from the newscast flooding has already set some kind of records for number and areas flooded. I'm not including the trash clogged gutter flooding in Jakarta.
We had better stock up on surfboards, for all the La Cucaracha's coming with all these clogged gutters!

I have a teckel (dachshund) who loves to hunt cockroaches. At every heavy rain when they try to flee from the gutter into the house he is on guard…

You're referring to mRNA injections? ;)
And so we have a perfect bridge to skin cancer. The most common type of cancer, and more than 90% of its cases are caused by exposure to solar radiation. That applies to the 3 main types.

Now, in the fight against skin cancer, British doctors are coming up with successful studies based on new drugs that, like the Covid mRNA vaccines, put patients' immune systems to work.

In the Philippines, public schools will remain closed today. (Since yesterday.) That’s not for Labor Day but due to the extreme heat. The national weather service warns that the heat index -which is based on, among other things, the “feels like” temperature and humidity- will reach dangerous values in many places. Other parts of Southeast Asia are also affected and encounter extreme temperatures.

And so we have a perfect bridge to skin cancer. The most common type of cancer, and more than 90% of its cases are caused by exposure to solar radiation. That applies to the 3 main types.

Now, in the fight against skin cancer, British doctors are coming up with successful studies based on new drugs that, like the Covid mRNA vaccines, put patients' immune systems to work.
Well you know, this is a great story about someone coming up with a new Drug to fight skin cancer! Where is it? I want it Now! We all have heard these stories of Doctors, somewhere coming up with these incredible breakthroughs! Where are they NOW!

Well you know, this is a great story about someone coming up with a new Drug to fight skin cancer! Where is it? I want it Now! We all have heard these stories of Doctors, somewhere coming up with these incredible breakthroughs! Where are they NOW!
Flogging their stuff on Shopee or Lazada ?

Ahh you really don't understand the process. Usually medical scientific "break throughs" come with a disclaimer near the end of the story saying that the new miracle anti cancer drug may become available within five years. So, what is happening? What is happening is this. The scientific laboratory shares have been a bit stagnant and there is uncertainty about end of year bonuses. This cancer drug development we have been looking at for the past ten years, well it is time we brought it forward and called it a medical breakthrough. Shares will surge and our bonuses will be secured.

I hope that this clears things up for you.
1714465938916.png

🙄 They complained while swallowing their anti high blood pressure / rheumatoid arthritis / against heart failure / …….. * pills in the hope to prolong their lives.

* fill in yourself

Of course the usual conspiracy theory followers here probably will think it’s a combined effort of big pharma and deep states to inject our bodies with nano bots to control us, but hereby some more info on the studies mentioned anyway:

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tehtelor
Back