Would you travel to Indonesia now? Should I stay, or should I go now...

Nimbus

Charter Member
Cager
I’m in South Bend. There are 3 large hospitals within 30 minutes drive, so I’m sure we got at least 100 ventilators each.

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
Right now I think everyone should just stay put. I can't imagine going to a crowded departure gate, baggage claim, or being in a confined airplane.
When we flew we had none of the above, except I guess the airplane. And each plane was 10% filled or less.

IndoTom

It went ok for us on Friday-Saturday, other than the confusing regulations put out by the government. We got refused boarding at LAX because the Indonesian embassy said all foreigners, including permanent residents, needed a doctors certificate to be able to enter.

I had been to my doctor only 2 days before, and could have easily gotten a letter then. So, in a panic, call my doctor and ask for a letter. After calling the Washington DC Indonesian embassy, I guess they finally figured out that I would just need the 30 second screening at CGK upon arrival, that everyone does. Afterwards my doctor emailed a letter, but not quite word for word what the embassy requested. Luckily, I never had to test it out.
I flew back from Hawaii to Jakarta and arrived on March 18th, only two days before they started requesting a health certificate for entry into Indoensia. I found out about the new requirement much later while reading about the additional lock-down measures this week. I basically live in Indonesia and would have been in a world of hurt if I was denied entry. My backup place to stay in Malaysia is now unreachable with their country wide lock-down. Hopefully with 6 more weeks to go on my multi entry social cultural visa. I'll be able to get an visa emergency extension or perhaps Malaysia will be available for me to stay or do a visa run back to Indonesia.

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
We finished our 14 day self quarantine at our hotel in Jakarta, and rented a 16 passenger van for the 3 of us, plus lots of luggage to get us home to Bandung.

We had too much luggage for an Innova, an Alphard would work, but they wanted 2.3 jt. We paid 1.5 jt, including driver, tolls and gas. Just over 2 hours from Cikini to Pondok Hijau.

It‘s nice to be home.

IndoTom

We finished our 14 day self quarantine at our hotel in Jakarta, and rented a 16 passenger van for the 3 of us, plus lots of luggage to get us home to Bandung.

We had too much luggage for an Innova, an Alphard would work, but they wanted 2.3 jt. We paid 1.5 jt, including driver, tolls and gas. Just over 2 hours from Cikini to Pondok Hijau.

It‘s nice to be home.
Did the Indonesian government require you to self quarantine in Jakarta or could you have gone home to Bandung to do it?

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
Did the Indonesian government require you to self quarantine in Jakarta or could you have gone home to Bandung to do it?
No government requirement at all. Other than a temperature check at the airport, and a form to fill out, it was negligible.

We originally booked 5 nights at the hotel in Jakarta, but extended it to 14 days, as a safety precaution. My wife‘s parents, who live with us in Bandung are in their mid 60’s, and Opa had a brain aneurysm a few years ago and is wheelchair bound.

IndoTom

No government requirement at all. Other than a temperature check at the airport, and a form to fill out, it was negligible.

We originally booked 5 nights at the hotel in Jakarta, but extended it to 14 days, as a safety precaution. My wife‘s parents, who live with us in Bandung are in their mid 60’s, and Opa had a brain aneurysm a few years ago and is wheelchair bound.
Yes that makes sense to self isolate in a hotel away from co-living companions.

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
Yes that makes sense to self isolate in a hotel away from co-living companions.
The flights were quite sparsely populated on the way to CGK, but I’d rather play it safe.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
veryambiguous
Top Bottom