Quarantine back to 7 days starting December

snpark

Cager
Quarantine is back to 7 days starting Dec 1. Maybe earlier.

Apparently starting tomorrow (we'll tonight at midnight).

Yes sorry my bad I thought Monday was Dec 1st

5hemko.jpg

Delta and any other new variant.

Quarantine back to 7 days for most international travellers.

No entry for foreigners with travel history (past 14 days) to Hong Kong, South Africa, Botswana, Angola, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Eswatini, and Lesotho.

Indonesians with the same travel history can enter but will need to quarantine for 14 days.

There goes the summer of 2022 visit; I guess we will be postponing visas and airline tickets for an additional 12 months. Then again, the current hysteria may fade when additional scientific research replaces hand-wringing speculation about the impact of the new variant.

This doesn't bode well for my US travel visa, which is taking a little too long, being halfway approved and all.

I have a bad feeling about this (being currently outside Indo). Hopefully people on kitap will be allowed, and there will still be flights.

I am with you on this. I am supposed to be coming back at the end of December. So far JAL has everything updated within a day or two. I had an email from the US embassy, but it doesn't say anything about those with insert visa name being allowed in or not. Just this:

· Foreign nationals will not be allowed entry to Indonesia if they have had any transit or stay in the following locations within the previous 14 days: South Africa, Botswana, Hong Kong, Angola, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Eswatini, or Lesotho.

· Mandatory hotel quarantine is now 7 x 24 hours for all international travelers, with the entire cost borne independently by the traveler. RT-PCR tests will be conducted upon arrival in the Republic of Indonesia and upon completion of the 6th 24-hour period of the mandatory quarantine period.

· These new restrictions took effect 29 November 2021.

Travelers are reminded that, in addition to the new restrictions discussed above, foreign nationals entering Indonesia are still required to: a) demonstrate full vaccination status; b) demonstrate a negative Covid-19 result from a sample taken within 72-hours of initial departure; c) comply with hotel quarantine; and d) show proof of health or travel insurance which includes provisions for quarantine and treatment if exposed to COVID-19. Please consult the Embassy’s Covid-19 page for additional details.

Not too many surprises from the email as that information has started to become updated on web sites and social media. Nothing on the different visas is a bit surprising.

Just got an email from the quarantine hotel that the booking is automatically extended by 4 nights:cautious:

All this happened while I was transiting in Doha on Sunday. From a brief 2 night stay to a 6 night stay. If only I'd left a day earlier 🙄

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back