Music

I reckon with technology they can synch in video clips and the sounds of CW playing- perhaps make a Charlie avatar?

You're probably right and what you said above is probably true. Whatever they do will be aligned with his wishes. Heaven will be marching to a new beat at least. I know Slipknot are a different kind of band but one of their drummers also passed recently. RIP Charlie and Joey.

Dusty Hill, bass player for ZZ Top also passed recently. I would've loved to see them live. I'm not a big fan but they made some fun rockin' tunes.

Dusty Hill, bass player for ZZ Top also passed recently. I would've loved to see them live. I'm not a big fan but they made some fun rockin' tunes.
Sad news, I was more into their early stuff, early to mid 70’s before they added the synth, beards & getup, thought Dusty was a better singer than Billy Gibbons. Saw them in Sydney mid to late 80’s & at The Byron Bay Blues Fest in 2001.

Oh & the drummer the one without a beard, his name is Frank Beard

I am going to shamelessly plug the hubby's band & their album Changing Lanes. they worked hard through all this covid shut down stuff and I believe I have a massive announcement to make in the not too distant future (I am not allowed to go 'public' on it just yet)- it has left them all in shock...

Brian rock changing lanes poster.jpeg

Very surprise with this music video - medley of Indonesian folksong with EDM - the most interesting Indonesian music video.
I have to admit I don't know much about the latest music in Indonesia. Could be have missed the train too far.
First time I heard the name of Novia Bachmid . Beautiful!

Rock is my favourite, bands such as 10 years and Of Mice & Men but way to many to mention :)

My happy place. That tiny DJ controller is amazing. I use my phone as the wave form display and it's powered by a power bank so it's less cables to deal with.

my audio room.jpg

Klipsch R41M?

I was going to get the RP400M or the RP500M, the 6" models are just too big for me.
No they're the R-51PM.

Check out Audio Centre at Glodok Plaza. They have a speaker room that should have something that will accommodate your space.

One of my favorites - The Phantom of the Opera.
last night my wife watched again live at Her Majesty Theatre, London. Great show, still running until February 14, 2022.
I just enjoy it here from youtube, I can even enjoy it in various versions that I have collected in the following play list.

Wife, prefers the original version of Sierra Boggess ; but in my opinion the best version is sung by Tarja Turunen with Nightwish.

Unfortunately, Tarja is no longer with Nightwish. Her replacement - Floor Jansen is not bad at all; but I prefer Tarja's powerful and operatic voice. She's the best symphonic metal rock singer ever.
Tarja's version is not only beautiful, but we can hear the pain, anger and wildness all at once. Thumbs up to Marco too.
Hopefully, one day Nighwish can perform with Tarja again. I have to see their show, everywhere.

Last edited:
Link to HELLPRINT official schedule, you can find lots of great bands in the links from the site & from HELLPRINT official YouTube channel. Check it out.

Reactions: LRB
Hubby's band are in Jakarta tonight, if you want to go along & party :)
275805023_10160578513684869_648718935411888637_n.jpg
Why would anyone want to risk contracting a life-threatening virus to go see your husband's sh%te ass band? They're a cover band at best, and at worst a "band" I saw at a lampu merah. Yeah, I'm good - here's 10 thou.

Been a minute since I've been back here, but I see that the same 'ole BS is still prevalent. Stfu "Bad" azz.

Oh yeah. Hey admins, and especially snitch bitch @atlantis ? Fuvuuck you. You threatened that being kicked out of this community means you can bar me from other message boards? LOL okay.

It's a message board, calm down. We can have differing opinions. If you want to take it there, give me your addresses. I'd love to pay you a visit. Real shit.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819