Mobil Rakyat...new cars

If you look at the specs of the Triber, you realize very fast it seems a bit as nothing more but a bigger version of the KWID.

The Renault Triber is going to get just one engine option. It will be powered by a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine which is capable of churning out 72 hp. This engine is the same one which currently installed in the Renault Clio and the Sandero which are sold in the international markets. It's length is barely 4 meter, where a Suzuki Ertiga measures 440 cm. But the ground clearance is comparable.

So this car definitely can not be compared with an Avanza/Ertiga/Xpander/Livina. It really is one step below. And even that is questionable if you look at the Calya.

So indeed, what Nissan did with the Go ➡️ Go+.

:cheer2:

Australians, Brits and filthy rich Indonesians, rejoice !!

The new Chevrolet Corvette C8will be available in a right steer version for LHT.

Not sure whether it will be a Holden in Australia, or just Corvette as in Europe.

fykycd8brile_800.jpg

wogyvz2b8g9m_800.jpg

8jgy47xbyh44_800.jpg

This is mirrored image, there are no official pics available yet.

Saw this car in Dulles airport. I believe the owner thought lucky to get a parking spot in shaded area.
I did the same thing in Brunei airport long time ago but not Porsche and not for USD 25 / day.

I really can not generate much sympathy for individual so in need of ego stroking that the leave their high end ride in airport parking. I can, at least, wait until I get back to the house.

We booked a compact car in from Budget at CVG, for less than USD 50 / day including. LDW, and we get a 4x4 compact SUV, Cherokee Compass Trailhead. Very nice car, good handling, not very powerful though.
Not sure if this car is in Indonesia.

Absolutely. Population density is key, that's why people who live in a detached house in the American countryside or suburb will not really appreciate the concept. If you live in a big city in a townhouse or apartment block, it makes perfect sense. Parking is amazingly expensive, car ownership is inefficient since for most short trips public transportation will do, and driving itself is hell.

Also in Dutch and Belgian cities the system is successful, there is a dedicated carpool system by homeowner associations but also a 'locate a car (via an app) and take it'. Compare the latter somewhat with the city bicycle you can take from the racks on the sidewalks by a credit card deposit. In cities as Vienna, Munich and Lyon there are pilot projects.

Now even the car manufacturers as Volkswagen, jump on the bandwagon and will provide all-electric pool cars.

7EAAF299-078F-4660-A5F2-0EBBCD8B49F8.jpeg

Cherokee Compass Trailhead. Very nice car, good handling, not very powerful though.
Not sure if this car is in Indonesia.

Yes, they do sell the Compass in RI. It’s about 540 Juta. It replaced two models at the time, when it became a new model in 2017.

You can see that the car you drove is the Trailhawk with the kind of weird black square on the engine hood. I personally like the Compass S a bit more. That is the new version with black roof also but not that extreme.

You probably had the 2.4 liter version? There was a more powerful version of that engine but it was only available in Africa and the Middle East. In Europe and other continents they have the 1.4 version, which is a bit light for this car. In South East Asia the 2.0 liter Diesel engine is more popular. (Fiat MultiJet)

I live in the sticks -- rural small town -- but even here we have hop and ride bikes that are GPS connected and payed for via an on-line app. Hope they make enough money to keep the service afloat.

About Peugeot and its expansion: Reuters reporters received a confidential internal e-mail that PSA is not doing well in China and wants to close two Chinese factories (which they use in the Dongfeng Peugeot Citroën Automobiles (DPCA) joint venture).

According to that report, around 4,000 Chinese workers would be kicked out on the street: half the current workforce in the country. Carlos Tavares (PSA) and Zhu Yangfeng (DPCA) would have decided that last month.

The doors of the Wuhan 1 and Wuhan 2 factories allegedly close. The first is being rebuilt for other purposes, a For Sale sign will be placed at the entrance to the second factory. According to the mail, the third facility will take over the current activities.

A PSA spokesperson told Reuters that "PSA, together with its partners, is doing everything it can to improve Chinese results in all facets." Someone else, allegedly ‘close to the PSA board of directors’ says: "We're close to PSA's departure from China. It's very serious!”

Last year, PSA saw its Chinese sales fall to 251,700 vehicles. That is one third of the peak in sales in 2014 (731,000 cars).

Suzuki is teasing with pictures of a new model, the XL6.

This should be a SUV version of the Ertiga. A bit like what Toyota is doing with the Avanza / Rush and Innova / Fortuner.

Bwah. This car can perfectly be a daily driver...
Different strokes. Scoffing at Porsche as a daily driver; I suppose in some circles it is considered fashionable to turn up ones nose at mass produced sports car brands as fodder for the masses, especially used ones with bird shit across the hood.

Yes, they do sell the Compass in RI. It’s about 540 Juta. It replaced two models at the time, when it became a new model in 2017.

You can see that the car you drove is the Trailhawk with the kind of weird black square on the engine hood. I personally like the Compass S a bit more. That is the new version with black roof also but not that extreme.

You probably had the 2.4 liter version? There was a more powerful version of that engine but it was only available in Africa and the Middle East. In Europe and other continents they have the 1.4 version, which is a bit light for this car. In South East Asia the 2.0 liter Diesel engine is more popular. (Fiat MultiJet)

Correct, the engine is 2.4l, 180 HP. Deliver not much power, but not big deal as of now we use it in city only, will not go off-road.
Tommorow, we'll start our grand circle trip from / to Las Vegas, 1500 miles journey in 10 days with some off-road portions.
I book Toyota RAV4, another compact SUV, 2.5l, 203 HP, so on the paper would be more powerful.
Let see

Two irrelevant news items on Volkswagen:

The logo will change. (More than 10 times since 1937, Can you imagine this has to be done in 171 markets where, besides the advertising, a total of 70,000 logos have to be replaced in about 10,000 places.)

South Korea is banning 8 cars from the VW group with Diesel engines. Mainly Audi.

If you’re in the market for a new Nissan Juke, wait a bit.

There will be a completely new model soon, the teaser campaign has started.

bijyip2biyf8_800.jpg

This is one of the cars that was a real pioneer in the small SUV segment. In the West, most elderly people want a small SUV now (high seating position and no kids anymore). Other brands are benefiting more from this trend though.

Correct, the engine is 2.4l, 180 HP. Deliver not much power, but not big deal as of now we use it in city only, will not go off-road.
Tommorow, we'll start our grand circle trip from / to Las Vegas, 1500 miles journey in 10 days with some off-road portions.
I book Toyota RAV4, another compact SUV, 2.5l, 203 HP, so on the paper would be more powerful.
Let see

How lucky we are, we got free upgrade to the Grand Cherokee, 4x4. 5.7 liter V8.
Very nice car, particularly for this trip where we traveled almost 3000 km in 11 days including hundreds km dirt roads and off-road from Las Vegas, Zion, Bryce , capitol reef, goblin valley, canyonland, arches, moab, monument valley, canyon X, Red cliff, valley of fire and back to Las Vegas
The car has lot of features that I am not fully familiar. Too lazy to read the manual, just set to automatic mode except at sandy off-road condition. I set to 4 wheels sand road. Worked well.
The cruise control is also very stable to maintain steady speed.

Zion and Bryce are really nice. We did a camping vacation 40+ years ago, and I still have fond memories of it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back