• We have just upgraded to Xenforo 2.1. We still have a few things to iron out while the forum is live. If you see any bug, please let us know. Any question? Feel free to ask.
  • We have done a little bit of house cleaning with the forums and certain threads.

Read more about it here.
  • We had an error with our database this morning.

It has now been fixed but let us know if you are still facing any trouble.

Mobil Rakyat...new cars

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
Neither the "new" Honda Jazz nor the BMW Z4 stand out as anything uniquely new style-wise; I tend to doubt they will be standouts performance-wise either.

Good thing for BMW, there seem to be plenty of well-healed, pretentious, A-holes among the car buying public.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Audi drivers are 'the new c0cks', cf. Jeremy Clarkson.

That new Jazz should get a 1.0 Turbo engine which could give it more oomph than the atmospheric 1.5 of the HR-V (which is in fact a repackaged version of the same car).

Talking about facelifts etc. A car that I really like if you're in the market for a -cheaper than Avanza/Xenia- MPV is the sibling combo Toyota Calya/Daihatsu Sigra. Esp. the latter is a real good deal. But it gets three years old now so I would expect some change this year which never does any good to the amortization.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Talking about facelifts etc. A car that I really like if you're in the market for a -cheaper than Avanza/Xenia- MPV is the sibling combo Toyota Calya/Daihatsu Sigra. Esp. the latter is a real good deal. But it gets three years old now so I would expect some change this year which never does any good to the amortization.
In Malaysia, the car manufacturer Perodua introduced a model called Alza a couple of months ago. This car is in fact based on the Daihatsu platform. (Daihatsu owns 35% of Perodua, which is the largest manufacturer in Malaysia btw, not Proton!)

Now the rumor is that the new versions of the Calya/Sigra will be similar to this Alza.

But here you never know; the Avanza and Xenia already got two facelifts, the last one in January this year. So that means they deviate substantially from the standard pattern of a life span per model of 4-6 years with a facelift after 2-3 years.

Also, some cars never get the facelift you see in other countries but keep the first version till there is a new model (e.g. X-Trail).

Last edited:

vocalneal

Cager
Neither the "new" Honda Jazz nor the BMW Z4 stand out as anything uniquely new style-wise; I tend to doubt they will be standouts performance-wise either.

Good thing for BMW, there seem to be plenty of well-healed, pretentious, A-holes among the car buying public.

One of the least rewarding jobs in the world is the guy that fits turn signals to BMW's

jstar

Mr. 10,000
It is not going so well with Subaru in Indonesia.

Some five years ago the Tax office confiscated over 240 cars all over Indonesia, since the customs on the import was not paid. (Over 1.5 trillion IDR.) Most of the cars were in the Jakarta port Tanjung Priok.

The importers of Subaru started a law suit to realease the cars. And the judge agreed with them. But the directorate of taxes appealed and they finally won the case this year.

As you can imagine, in the mean time business has not been 'booming' to put it mildly. And that's a shame since they have some rather interesting models with great underlying technologies. Even hybrids nowadays.

XV:

Forester:

Outback (break version of the Legacy):

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Similar to Ford which vanished in Indonesia, customers who bought these brands can not be very happy.

Besides those who could get one in April in the auctions. Although, they were bidding on older models, even if there was only 0 km on the odometer.

Last edited:

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Jeep Wrangler:

VarianHargaPrice
Sport 4x4Rp919 Juta OTR$64,000
Sahara 4x4Rp1,03 Milyar OTR$72,000
Rubicon 4x4Rp1,1 Milyar OTR$77,000

Prices in the USA for these models are between $30K and $40K.

So that explains why you don't see them so much over here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sidavies59
Top Bottom