Info: Covid-19 Vaccination sign-ups for 60+ year old people.

Well. it has been a few weeks now since we signed up. Not a word from them. We decided that we will just call the Puskesmas this morning to see if we could find out anything. We certainly did.

They were giving the vaccines today. They already had a list of 120 and that would be their limit. The 120 were all walk ins which we figure started out with a few who then started making phone calls. They have no other days scheduled or plans to have more. The nurse my wife spoke to suggested one of the hospitals. We are planning to go there Monday morning early.

If you or someone you know would like to get vaccinated and is over 60 years of age, there are now registrations open for major cities.

Registration link: https://www.kemkes.go.id/article/view/21022000001/Informasi-Pendaftaran-Vaksinasi-pada-Lansia.html

Requirements:

1) Have a KTP (assuming WNI only, but try anyway?) from participating cities.
2) Be 60 years or older.
3) In general good health at the time of vaccination (will be screened).
4) Any comorbid diseases such as diabetes, hypertension should be under control.

So this link is pretty much useless. I registered my parents when I made the above post a month ago and nothing.

Instead, you have to be proactive and contact your local clinic (Puskesmas) and/or several nearby ones and see if they have any vaccination drives. Each location is limited to 100 people per day, and it is best if you could get an assigned spot the day before, or try your luck as early as possible in the morning (not recommended).

I took my parents today, and the whole deal took about 1 hour, including filling out forms, pre-screening (blood pressure, sugar, and cholesterol), and the mandatory 30 minute observation period afterward. Not much social distancing possible as the little clinic was packed, but you can do most of the waiting outside.

Edit: Biofarma packed Sinovac vaccines, if anyone cares.

I have 2 British Friends live in Raffles Hills ( Depok Area), they are both #70plus, they just had their 1st vaccine last week in RS Melia ( Opposite Trans Studio Mall Cibubur). You just need to call and make an appointment.

My mother-in-law had her first vaccination last week in Condet, Jaktim. It is interesting to note that there is a plethora of rumors circulating to create the impression that there are numerous bad post inoculation side effects.

It was quite a task to convince Ibu to prove up on her place in line. We had to make vailed long-distance threats to cut her allowance if she was not going to attend to her own health. We also provide funds to assure that other family members had the means for cover transportation and the time to accompany and attend to her while waiting for the shot.

Hopefully the booster in a couple of weeks will happen without so much drama.

. It is interesting to note that there is a plethora of rumors circulating to create the impression that there are numerous bad post inoculation side effects
The comments I heard from several local people in Bali that had the 1st jab go from "nothing" to "headache, fever, soar arm"
Missus is having hers today, wait and see.
I gently declined. Only reason I would have it is if it became mandatory to enter my homecountry, any other travel I have no interest.

My 29 year old got her first shot, Pfizer, yesterday in Arizona. Slight headache, and sore arm.

Hopefully Ibu and myself will get some vaccine slots when they open more tomorrow.

Seems that there is a wide range of experience of getting the vaccine...but mostly about it being disorganized. Wife registered her mom through some website...THREE times (each time according to her did not get any kind of confirmation)...after the third time she got a number and a hospital to go to. The day of...she and her mom went...a person with a laptop checked....no names to be found. She tried to help my wife by re-registering again for the fourth time, and assured her...an sms will be sent to you no later than 3-4 days. Wife went home. My cousin told my wife...just try with halo doc..and she did and managed to get my mother in law vaccinated the next day..clear SOP right from the get go (it was a drive thru)....that was almost a month ago. Oh yeah...still no sms from the hospital.

My parents were vaccinated this week. Having heard horror stories about long cues, told my dad to bring bottled water and snacks. Maybe it was the place, luck or the organizer (it was at St. Ursula school near lapangan banteng), dad took photos, seemed pretty organized..and not packed with people..they went at around 8:30. Waited for an hour-ish. by 11 they were done.

Vaccination for Tanah Abang merchants on the other hand. It was a nightmare and a cluster f...according to my wife.

The comments I heard from several local people in Bali that had the 1st jab go from "nothing" to "headache, fever, soar arm"
Missus is having hers today, wait and see.
I gently declined. Only reason I would have it is if it became mandatory to enter my homecountry, any other travel I have no interest.
Update :
Missus had hers yesterday (Sanur, Astra Zenica). Little bit headache, little pain in the upper arm, no fever. Organisation was OK according to her, except that they managed to make a one letter mistake in her name, and put a wrong tel number on the certificate. Lucky her, the KTP number is correct !

This was shared in the SMP WA group. You have an option for elderly and teachers.

Indonesia to allow people 18-59 years old to get vaccinated if they bring two 60+ year-olds also. Seems like a good incentive to get more people to get the shots.

Ibu and myself both got Pfizer shots in Tempe, AZ today. Drive thru style. Pretty quick and efficient. A huge amount of volunteers helping.

About 20 minutes. 2nd shot in 3 weeks.

I'm in a situation where I have an ITAS which doesn't have a NIK. Even when I attempted to register for a vaccination in my local area (TangSel) I couldn't get past the first stage as I don't have a NIK.
Any top tips on this please?

I'm in a situation where I have an ITAS which doesn't have a NIK. Even when I attempted to register for a vaccination in my local area (TangSel) I couldn't get past the first stage as I don't have a NIK.
Get an SKTT, this is the document that will have your NIK on it.

An SKTT is needed and should have been applied for as soon as you received your itas. You will need to visit the Catatan Sipli for your area. There will be documents required for it.

An SKTT is needed and should have been applied for as soon as you received your itas. You will need to visit the Catatan Sipli for your area. There will be documents required for it.
Isn't there a fine for applying for those documents late? I have been late and not paid the fine, but I could swear there is a "within # of days" bit on there. I told them that I had already applied a long time ago and forgotten to pick up the issued documents... which I think is right... but I've been to CaCip enough times for the trips and dates to blur together.

Just thought Pilgrim should be prepared to behave in a contrite and reconciliatory fashion.

Isn't there a fine for applying for those documents late? I have been late and not paid the fine, but I could swear there is a "within # of days" bit on there. I told them that I had already applied a long time ago and forgotten to pick up the issued documents... which I think is right... but I've been to CaCip enough times for the trips and dates to blur together.

Just thought Pilgrim should be prepared to behave in a contrite and reconciliatory fashion.

I went several years without updating the sktt and ended up getting it converted into a KTP/NIK when I finally renewed it. Only issue I have had with anything late is a KITAS renewal over bad planning ie waiting until the last minute.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back