How to proceess KITAS/VITAS Online

I got married at the start of the year in Indonesia.
I'm in England at the moment and want to start the process for getting Vitas to arrive in Indonesia in early November but I've got quite a few questions.

My wife's KTP at the moment says Belum Kawin but she should be able to get a new one that says Kawin on it. Hopefully that should be simple enough.

She will need a Kartu Keluarga as well to be able to register as my sponsor for my Vitas.
But she tells me that the kepala lingkungan says that he can't issue a Kartu Karluarga with my name on it unless I pindah negara because as a WNA I can't be the head of the family.
As I'm a male WNA I've told her that it isn't possible to change to WNI because of ikut suami and also because I have always worked 6 months of each year in UK.
Can she be the head of the family with my name on the Kartu Keluarga ?
If not, how can she organise a KK ?

When she registers, do all the documents need to be uploaded the same day or can she register and then upload the documents when they're ready until she is ready to apply for the Vitas possibly one or two days after registering ?

Do I need to visit the Embassy (in London) or can I send my passport as I have done every other time I have applied for a Tourist or Sosial Budaya Visa ?

At the moment my wife is staying with her mother so I hope the fact that we don't yet own our own place won't cause a problem when applying for a surat domisili.

My wife's KTP at the moment says Belum Kawin but she should be able to get a new one that says Kawin on it. Hopefully that should be simple enough.

She will need a Kartu Keluarga as well to be able to register as my sponsor for my Vitas.

Your wife needs to change her KK and KTP to married (Kawin). Your name will not be on the KK until much later (when you get KITAP). So in the interim, your wife will only have her name (and any kids) on KK. She will also be labeled as family head (kepala keluarga).

Thanks Dafluff,
it just seems such a weird concept to me having a family with only one person in it.
It sounds like the person in the office doesn't realise that they're supposed to issue the Kartu Keluarga the way you've described.

Aslamualaikum hope you are well. I want to ask before applying online VITAS my wife have to change the marriage status on her KTP ,KK before register the account on immigration website ?

Hi Taymoor. Officially she does need to change her marital status before applying. But it really depends since I've seen many cases where a KITAS was provided and the spouse never changed the KTP. They didn't care and accepted the marriage certificates etc. as enough proof.

@jstar thanks for reply sir, but i read a blog on Internet in which he said you should change the Married status before uploading the documents on immigration website for registration now I'm confused after your reply so what should i do?

@jstar Sir tell me one thing more do i need to make marriage certificate from civil registration before apply KITAS or just My Bokoh Nikha is Enough?

@dafluff Sir after marriage before applying for registration on immigration website for VITAS my wife have to change the martial status on her KTP, KK to KAWIN?

@jstar Sir tell me one thing more do i need to make marriage certificate from civil registration before apply KITAS or just My Bokoh Nikha is Enough?

The Buku Nikah is enough.

Depending on the religion, with Indonesian marriages there is a buku nikah (Muslim marriage with KUA registration) or a sertifikat nikah (marriage other religions, civil registration).

⬇ Added info on post #130: Since you have done a KUA marriage, you have the marriage book. This is enough and you don't need to get a certificate or so.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinYao