First jab done

dafluff

Cager
Same question I asked Gemima, where & how to find my NIK?

NIK = Nomor Induk Kependudukan, is issued by the Catatan Sipil (Civil Registry). After you get KITAS/P you need to register yourself at your local Catatan Sipil in order to get SKTT (if you have KITAS), or KTP (if you have KITAP), along with your Kartu Keluarga. Those documents will contain your NIK.

More on how to obtain SKTT/KTP OA:

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
My blood pressure has been a bit high for years & when I went to get the first jab they used a digital machine & it was too high for a jab so they did a manual test & I just passed although it was still a bit high.

I usually have at least a couple of heart starters of a morning & for the second jab after consulting Dr Google I drank no coffee in the morning, just water & ate about 5 bananas....Wallah, spot on 120/80 for the first time in years.
I checked Google and whaddayaknow...potassium in bananas can help with hypertension..but since the carbs will interfere with my sugar, I will have to find other alternative...well I have till July 24th to figure out.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
An employee in my company said that his relative went to Hawaii (didn't specify when and my guess is for a vacation) and was told to do self quarantine now for 10 days, is this now true for the US? Even for US citizens?

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
Wouldn't you be better asking in an American/Hawaiian forum for the answer to that?

macvert

Cager
I checked Google and whaddayaknow...potassium in bananas can help with hypertension..but since the carbs will interfere with my sugar, I will have to find other alternative...well I have till July 24th to figure out.
well Banana72, eating bananas is out of the question,.... , 72avocados maybe, good luck

snpark

Cager
Still 5 days on reentry for everyone even if vaccinated and negative etc
NIK is 16 digit number on your STKK police registration
It is on the KITAS, the full version with your address, not the pdf one they email

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Still 5 days on reentry for everyone even if vaccinated and negative etc
NIK is 16 digit number on your STKK police registration
It is on the KITAS, the full version with your address, not the pdf one they email
Thanks!

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Wouldn't you be better asking in an American/Hawaiian forum for the answer to that?
I thought this forum also has US citizens and those travel to the US so that's why I asked??

Last edited:

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
An employee in my company said that his relative went to Hawaii (didn't specify when and my guess is for a vacation) and was told to do self quarantine now for 10 days, is this now true for the US? Even for US citizens?
Quarantine requirements have been decided at the state level and Hawaii has been especially cautious compared to other states, likely because they see examples like New Zealand and Taiwan and how islands have greater chance to control spread because of greater border control.

This appears to be the most relevant page: https://hidot.hawaii.gov/airports/covid-19/

July 8 (next week) they are eliminating the quarantine requirement if you are traveling domestically to Hawaii and were fully vaccinated in US. There's also an exception for those coming from French Polynesia with a negative test. It seems to remain a 10 day self quarantine for everyone else.

melvintee

Hi all, just my 2 cents worth.

I recently converted my kitas to a kitap. Like many forum members, i couldn't get vaccinated because i did not have a NIK with me. I applied for a KTP-OA; this can be done online. You have to submit the necessary documents online and you will get an approval almost immediately. They will email you the approval with a NIK number on it and you will have to go down to the Dinas Kependudukan dan Pencatatan Sipil office to have your photo taken and to have some information verified before returning 3 working days later to collect your KTP. The good thing is, you can show that email (with your NIK) on your phone to the vaccine center to get vaccinated.

Last edited:

Balifrog

The Missus had her 2nd AZ vacine yesterday.
She is still alive, and no particular effects.
Concerning me, I cant be bothered with all this drama, at 68 I have seen a bit of life and nobody is gonna convince me that my survival depends on a vaccine.

Hawk256

It's almost like a crap shot. I have a KITAP, KK and KTP with NIK but for some reason the NIK number does not come up in the system. The offices that handle that are currently closed and no one seems to worry much about problems that don't affect them so there's that. I was unable to get a vaccine at several places but finally found a person at the local Police department that was giving vaccinations agree to put the information in manually. I guess the answer is just keep trying and maybe you will get lucky.

macvert

Cager
It's almost like a crap shot. I have a KITAP, KK and KTP with NIK but for some reason the NIK number does not come up in the system. The offices that handle that are currently closed and no one seems to worry much about problems that don't affect them so there's that. I was unable to get a vaccine at several places but finally found a person at the local Police department that was giving vaccinations agree to put the information in manually. I guess the answer is just keep trying and maybe you will get lucky.

I've got KITAS & my data was not coming up in the system so both times they just entered it manually on the spot at the vaccination centre

stt_cibubur

Cager
I just had my 1st vaccine (Sinovac) today, the 2nd one will be end of July. I will try to get the AstraZeneca booster or maybe even Biontech later this year or next year.

snpark

Cager
FB_IMG_1625148292881.jpg

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
Today our two youngest got their first jab. Sinovac for them.
They were "lucky" to have ticket number 6 and 7 out of more than 500 people queuing to get their first vaccin.
Smooth and easy, all done in 30 mn or so. At least for us. I am afraid that the poor lad who has ticket number 500 is still queuing.
Their 2nd jab will be on August 04th.No side effect reported.

snpark

Cager
If I had #500 I'd go home and come back later?

Cannot?

Will_M

Second Jab of Sinovac/ CoronaVac in RS Advent, Bandung today. Not gonna lie, bit of a ball ache with administration - people in front of me wrongly putting in NIK and/or HP nomor. Just under 3 hours all told, but nice feeling all the same.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Richard
Top Bottom