First jab done

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
I was absolutely impressed not only by the organisation but also by my fellow manadonese getting the jab too in a very disciplined way.
I reported at 1 pm, went through three different meja in a few minutes verifying my NIK, taking my datas, checking my blood pressure, asking me medical questions, queuing orderly like anyone each time a few minutes only in between tables. Then got the jab. Got presented the small bottle, invited to check name and expiry date, got shown the alat and it was done in a few seconds with a nurse kindly taking pictures. Same procedure for everyone (I checked) so no extra diligence or zeal just for a bule. Real, good, professional service given by a bunch of young staff.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
I am surprised you aren't getting it in June or it is because Leberan that everything is being pushed back?

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
Well, I was surprised too since I heard that it was 2 months between jab 1 and jab 2. But it was noted everywhere 12 weeks so I didn't questioned it. Vaccination certificate I've received also mentions July 13th so I am happy with it, especially since I am not even sure that I would have received the jab as early as today if I were in my native country. Jeez they even give you a couple of tablet of paracetamol before you leave in case you have side effects like fever.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
Nice. There was a mini ICU at the place where I had mine. The place getting the jab seems to be organized, but getting accurate information is lacking.

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
Well, I was surprised too since I heard that it was 2 months between jab 1 and jab 2. But it was noted everywhere 12 weeks so I didn't questioned it. Vaccination certificate I've received also mentions July 13th so I am happy with it, especially since I am not even sure that I would have received the jab as early as today if I were in my native country. Jeez they even give you a couple of tablet of paracetamol before you leave in case you have side effects like fever.
I was under the impression that all second jabs were 4 weeks, 28 days. First I heard of 2 months to 12 weeks. They say you can go a couple weeks past but never heard of this long.

gemima

Cager
I was under the impression that all second jabs were 4 weeks, 28 days. First I heard of 2 months to 12 weeks. They say you can go a couple weeks past but never heard of this long.
It varies by vaccine. I think some UK researchers have shown that AZ is most effective if the 2nd dose is given after 12 weeks (and it speeds up rollout if you have a stable supply chain).
Pfizer is 3 weeks, moderna is 4.
I don't know about the Chinese ones though.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
Sinovac is almost 4 weeks. I had my first one on 30 March and have my second one next Monday(26).

Reactions: LRB

LRB

Cager
It varies by vaccine. I think some UK researchers have shown that AZ is most effective if the 2nd dose is given after 12 weeks (and it speeds up rollout if you have a stable supply chain).
Sinovac is almost 4 weeks. I had my first one on 30 March and have my second one next Monday(26).

We are also using Sinovac, first jab was April 3rd, second jab is on May 1st. Super happy! :D

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
Wife and I got our second Pfizer shot in US yesterday. I had some slight stomach nausea, similar to the first shot. My wife has been hit hard. A bit of a fever, body aches and a bit of dizziness.

I do love the drive in model, 25 minutes from start to finish.

nd_eric_77

Charter Member
Cager
When I got my Sinovac, the recommendation was 2 weeks. Then, they started texting everyone and saying to wait another two weeks. The data entry person had misread my handwriting, hence they had the wrong handphone number for me, and then when I sent a WhatsApp message to the Puskesmas, the representative told me to come in on my original appointment date. Hence, my two Sinovac shots were on the 15th and 29th of March.
All that said, when I visit family in the US in June, I hope to get a J&J jab as a "booster" since I do not have a high level of trust in the transparency of the development process for the Sinovac shots. Also, the WHO does not recognize Sinovac yet, hence it may not be useful when countries start opening up to vaccinated travelers.

Jaime C

Charter Member
Cager
When I got my Sinovac, the recommendation was 2 weeks. Then, they started texting everyone and saying to wait another two weeks. The data entry person had misread my handwriting, hence they had the wrong handphone number for me, and then when I sent a WhatsApp message to the Puskesmas, the representative told me to come in on my original appointment date. Hence, my two Sinovac shots were on the 15th and 29th of March.
All that said, when I visit family in the US in June, I hope to get a J&J jab as a "booster" since I do not have a high level of trust in the transparency of the development process for the Sinovac shots. Also, the WHO does not recognize Sinovac yet, hence it may not be useful when countries start opening up to vaccinated travelers.
I think J and J is on hold at the moment in the US, due to blood clot problems in rare cases.

Helpful Herbert

Also, the WHO does not recognize Sinovac yet, hence it may not be useful when countries start opening up to vaccinated travelers.

As well as having to wait until it is on the WHO list, you'd need a certified translation of the vaccination certificate into English.

nd_eric_77

Charter Member
Cager
I think J and J is on hold at the moment in the US, due to blood clot problems in rare cases.
You are correct, and the "hold" is for a ridiculously alarmist non-scientific reason... 6 cases of blood clots in women aged 18 - 48 - out of 7 MILLION SHOTS. I am hoping the FDA will reverse its recto-cranial inversion and "unpause" the J&J shot by the time I arrive in the US. Jonas Salk is rolling in his grave over such an overreaction.

centurion

Cager
You are correct, and the "hold" is for a ridiculously alarmist non-scientific reason... 6 cases of blood clots in women aged 18 - 48 - out of 7 MILLION SHOTS. I am hoping the FDA will reverse its recto-cranial inversion and "unpause" the J&J shot by the time I arrive in the US. Jonas Salk is rolling in his grave over such an overreaction.
...meaning the chance to have adverse effects is 1:1.000.000.
The chance to die in an airplane accident is 1:5.000.000-1:10.000.000, and you would always choose Garuda over Lion Air, everything else equal.

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonel999
Top Bottom