First jab done

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
If I had #500 I'd go home and come back later?

Cannot?
In fact you can. The nice MC, or whatever you want to call her, was repeating ad nauseum in her microphone that they would take care of number 1 to 100 till the lunch pause and the one above 100 after and she was encouraging anyone with a number above 100 to go for a walk (or to get lost?). When I saw a girl passing next to me with the number 411 I felt pretty bad for her. Hope she's of the patient type.

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
Today our two youngest got their first jab. Sinovac for them.

What is the youngest age that can get the vaccine? With some of the new entry restrictions and flight requirements, it is going to be a pain for families and those under 18 unless the government doesn't care about the age and possible long term side effects* anymore.

*'Did you receive the Sinovac vaccine between 2021 to 2024 in Indonesia? If so, you may be elgiable for compensation.'[/some cheesey TV/internet ad with terrible graphics and a monotoned voice].

lifelongexpat

Cager
It's almost like a crap shot. I have a KITAP, KK and KTP with NIK but for some reason the NIK number does not come up in the system. The offices that handle that are currently closed and no one seems to worry much about problems that don't affect them so there's that. I was unable to get a vaccine at several places but finally found a person at the local Police department that was giving vaccinations agree to put the information in manually. I guess the answer is just keep trying and maybe you will get lucky.

I just took along an expired SKTT from when I was on a Kitas and they happily accepted that as my NIK number.

Last edited:

dafluff

Cager
The daughter got her first vaccination today, delivered at her school, organized by the local Puskesmas. Very efficient and orderly. Everyone filled out forms beforehand online. Kids were told to arrive at different times staggered by class. Everyone waited in their cars/vehicles until it was time, then they were all checked for blood pressure, then given shots at the school's all-purpose open air area. Then they sat for 30 minutes, socially distanced, to wait out any possible after-effects. In and out in less than an hour.

nd_eric_77

Charter Member
Cager
The daughter got her first vaccination today, delivered at her school, organized by the local Puskesmas. Very efficient and orderly. Everyone filled out forms beforehand online. Kids were told to arrive at different times staggered by class. Everyone waited in their cars/vehicles until it was time, then they were all checked for blood pressure, then given shots at the school's all-purpose open air area. Then they sat for 30 minutes, socially distanced, to wait out any possible after-effects. In and out in less than an hour.
My 15 year old daughter and 12 year old son are registered to get their first sinovac shots next week; also at a drive-through clinic, though not at their school.

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
Got my second Astra Zeneca jab earlier today. Feel great, no side effect. My wife feels great too. Our elder feels a bit weak but OK.
Though a bit less well organized than for my first jab two months ago, or for the one of my kids last week, I am impressed by the good work of the vaccination team and the effort of my provincial government.
I have heard that we are the province with the highest rate of vaccination / inhabitants. If it's true I commend them for that.
Anyway, even if it isn't true, I still commend them for the dedication of all members of the satgas Covid 19 Sulawesi Utara.
I was fascinated to see how, despite the hundreds being taken care of by them, everyday, every people of the team I had to deal with was still smiling, polite, answering to every questions which must have been repeated to them thousands of time...etc.

A real big thank you to Indonesia and Sulawesi Utara. :D

nd_eric_77

Charter Member
Cager
Both of my kids got their first Sinovac shots today. My wife said it was swift and effortless at the drive-through location in Duri Kepa, Jakarta. They arrived at 11:45 and were gone by 12:10. By 12 August, all four of us will have had at least two shots.

gemima

Cager
FYI I just received the email from KADIN to update our company registration for the Gotong Royong scheme - they apparently have 5.5 million doses in stock now.
Of course, everyone in our company has already got their vaccines via the free scheme.
If any of you are holding out for the Sinopharm from GR it's probably available now.

William King

Charter Member
Cager
How are you today - I was fine till 24 hrs later and felt pretty bad for a few days - needed the paracetamol they gave me:) But so glad to have it! and absolutely cannot wait till my 2nd jab in September.

Feeling ok, arm slightly sore. Low energy. A little tiny back pain, the kind you feel before you get the flu.

Thanks for asking.

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
Today we found out the 8th member of my wife's family in some way tested positive. All but one would be considered wealthy and can easily control their behaviors. One doctor, one nurse, 4 in one family with 2 of them being preteens, 3 of the total had been vaccinated. So far, no serious symptoms.

The family members financially less fortunate except for one have avoided social events and always wear their mask. Hopefully, the count has reached it's peak in this family.

We have had no contact with any of them and always refuse their invitations to visit and do things with them. I knew how careless some are.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Will be having my 2nd Sinovac on the 24th....previously there was a mishap, as my wife decided to check why I haven't had my confirmation text yet...and found out that my status was 'canceled; with reason 'failure to appear'...(grumble grumble)...maybe this was caused by the guy entering my NIK manually at the registration which probably didn't match up with my (WNA) KTP or whatever...so my original slot was 'never filled' and that's just my guess. So, emailed halodoc with long explanation, got a polite/template..'well take care of it asap..etc'. No more follow up from them for 24 hours...wife and i put them on speaker phone, explained again...and got the 'we'll take care of it and inform you' again.....and as we were watching tv before sleep...got the notification and the 'voucher code'...wife immediately entered it onto the website...and all is good again....(cross my fingers)

lifelongexpat

Cager
We just had our first doses of Sinovac. The second dose will be a month later.

The wife felt a little bit weak the first day with a slight headache the next day.

I had a reduced appetite the first day and felt a bit weak the next day at one point. However, a cup of tea with 3 sugars put me right.

nosox

Charter Member
Cager
yesterday the wife went to for todays schedule.... open at 9am. Got there at 8.30, was a little busy, waited 5 min before the announcement...... "HABIS"
Try again next week
:)

Dharma Police

Our second jab of AstraZeneca is at the end of August. We're worried they will run out. Furthermore, I'm worried my travel visa to the U.S. will get denied come October.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Got my 2nd Vac! Definitely went much faster than the first one...two hours vs four+ hours the first time. It would've been less than two if they didn't have server issues...apparently the server for the whole Jakarta was down...according to the person who made the announcement. It was back up and running again in about 20 minutes. I must've been much more relaxed this time (and my old leftover bisoprolol for sure helped)...I clocked in at 133 vs 147 the first time I had my vacc.

Waiting was much much faster..maybe because the people who came were just the 2nd vaxx people, and registration was much faster too. Nurse who gave me the shot was pretty good too, didn't feel that much pain..not that the first one was bad.

Tried to download my certificate, but couldn't get the OTP code...I started to curse as usual...(daggum govt...etc) when I saw that this time it was my First Media...oops....waited a bit, refreshed my modem. Tried again....Got my certificate downloaded...all good and in pretty colors...just need to print. now....ready for travel.....

Cross my fingers....it'll be no side effects!

lifelongexpat

Cager
Was this at MOI? We got ours done at MAG and it was very well organised. Despite us arriving with over 100 in front of us, we were done in 90 minutes.

Got my 2nd Vac! Definitely went much faster than the first one...two hours vs four+ hours the first time. It would've been less than two if they didn't have server issues...apparently the server for the whole Jakarta was down...according to the person who made the announcement. It was back up and running again in about 20 minutes. I must've been much more relaxed this time (and my old leftover bisoprolol for sure helped)...I clocked in at 133 vs 147 the first time I had my vacc.

Waiting was much much faster..maybe because the people who came were just the 2nd vaxx people, and registration was much faster too. Nurse who gave me the shot was pretty good too, didn't feel that much pain..not that the first one was bad.

Tried to download my certificate, but couldn't get the OTP code...I started to curse as usual...(daggum govt...etc) when I saw that this time it was my First Media...oops....waited a bit, refreshed my modem. Tried again....Got my certificate downloaded...all good and in pretty colors...just need to print. now....ready for travel.....

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aji
Top Bottom