FIFA U-20 World Cup 2023 Indonesia

What happen if group of theorists try to take hostage of Israeli athletes in Bali. This reminds me to one if the finest (if not the greatest) commando operation on earth.

This is not in video games, but this is real and it happened on 3 July 1976, when the technicologies has not developed like we have seen today. Israeli commandos carried out a daring raid to free more than 100 hostages held by terrorists at Entebbe Airport in Uganda. But with suicide bomb get involved I believe the special comando unit such as "Sayeret Matkal" will be useless.
If a group of theorists tried, then they would probably just spend all their time arguing about the validity of their respective theories.
The Entebbe hostage rescue drama is regarded as quite poorly executed, 3 hostages died unnecessarily.

What happen if a group of terrorist tries to take hostage of Israeli athletes in Bali. This reminds me to one if the finest (if not the greatest) commando operation on earth.

This is not in video games, but this is real and it happened on 3 July 1976, when the technology has not developed like what we have seen today. This was where the Israeli commandos carried out a daring raid to free more than 100 hostages held by terrorists at Entebbe Airport in Uganda. But with suicide bomb getting involved I believe the special commando unit such as "Sayeret Matkal" will be useless.

You bring up a valid point and concern, but the Bali governor has been adding fuel to the fire. Nothing was an issue until towards the end of March for the U20. I doubt many people would have even known anything about the beach games in August if the same governor never said anything.

One thing with the video you shared, not only was technology not developed, but there also wasn't the standard security at the airport like there is today or even 30 years ago.

My guess is Israeli intelligence would be working with Indonesia along with mutual allies.

Sell it to the loud mouth Bali governor and make him pay from his personal account.

In seriousness, the same article was shared on Facebook and the comments are great source of entertainment.

See if Gov Koster wants to buy .He can add a big X across them and use as campaign material?

They can put them in their butts ...LOL

Joe Wong Tanjung .... Joe wong, l'as sens tu qui se glisse dans ton cul, la baguette ... la grosse baguette 🎵🎵

hey bali governor. dont just talk big. do something about this.

Sell it half price and give profits to Palestinian supporting charities

Burn them in a ritual sacrifice. Dance around the fire like a running cow. Eat jengkol while doing it. And afterwards, say it was for Palestine.

What happen if a group of terrorist tries to take hostage of Israeli athletes in Bali. This reminds me to one if the finest (if not the greatest) commando operation on earth.

This is not in video games, but this is real and it happened on 3 July 1976, when the technology has not developed like what we have seen today. This was where the Israeli commandos carried out a daring raid to free more than 100 hostages held by terrorists at Entebbe Airport in Uganda. But with suicide bomb getting involved I believe the special commando unit such as "Sayeret Matkal" will be useless.
The chance of terrorists trying to take hostages during games in Bali is between slim and none. There's a more realistic chance of a bomb attack by some loon(s) using Israeli participation as a pretext for their actions. It may that Koster is afraid of that but doesn't want to come out and say it, so he uses Palestinian solidarity as a cover.

So I went to the sports shop in the basement of Fx.

Somewhat disappointing; with a mere 20% discount it went from ’very expensive’ to ‘expensive’.

A polo shirt for instance, went from 450K to 365K rupiah. and then you’d get a POS with not an embroidered logo but a plastic one which has been ironed on.

DB7B1317-1CD4-439C-B638-26EFB8DA8989.jpeg

So I went to the sports shop in the basement of Fx.

Somewhat disappointing; with a mere 20% discount it went from ’very expensive’ to ‘expensive’.

A polo shirt for instance, went from 450K to 365K rupiah. and then you’d get a POS with not an embroidered logo but a plastic one which has been ironed on.

View attachment 2969
Mahal banget.

Interesting that Ganjar has been chosen as the presidential candidate, despite his rating going down by almost 10% after his disastrous intervention in the world cup.
Could now be looking at a Prabowo presidency, I don't see any other viable candidate.

The only thing that I had thought would prevent Prabowo being president was the number of times he had run for president. However in one of the threads in the 'News' section of the forum, it was confirmed there is no limit on how many times you can run. The only issue is if you can still get the support. Basically it is his to lose.

If I was running for president, I would highlight the economic loses that Ganjar and the Bali guy caused by losing the U20 WC in all the cities that were supposed to be hosts. Point to how it effected everyone so you can win the support of all the classes. Then use the support of palestine and point to how allowing Israel to come, it would allow Indonesia to help palestine by being a mediator. Make it seem that Indonesia is the one who is working hard to help palestine not just with money.

Interesting that Ganjar has been chosen as the presidential candidate, despite his rating going down by almost 10% after his disastrous intervention in the world cup.
Could now be looking at a Prabowo presidency, I don't see any other viable candidate.
I think PDI_P make a great mistake. Ganjar does not have a track record to combat corruption, the main enemy in Indonesia. I was expecting the PDI-P to nominate such as Mahfud MD or the like. But Mahfud MD is an independent or non-partisan politician so not affiliated with PDI_P. People will certainly put their own interest first.
I think if the people will need to choose between the two Ganjar or Prabowo, the voters will choose Prabowo.

Last edited:
Yes, if Ganjar could have made it through to the elections without making a serious error of judgment, I think he could have had a chance. But since he has shown himself to be a rabble rouser like the rest of them then I don't really see why people will feel moved to vote for him. He'd still be better than Anies though.

. It may that Koster is afraid of that but doesn't want to come out and say it, so he uses Palestinian solidarity as a cover.
Koster is more afraid not getting support for his second run. He just tried to protect his butt.
Similar with GP. He get what he want. I lost my sympathy to him, but is there any better choice? Big NO to AB; dont think to love PS.

So last night I found out I know someone who works with Erik. Yes the very same Erik was trying to keep the U20 WC in Indonesia.

Also in regards to JIS, apparently no one wants anything to do with it because it was Annies' project and they are trying to blot it out amongst other projects he has done.

I missed the news a couple of days ago, but it is official now: "The Under-20 World Cup will be played in Argentina, FIFA said on Monday, following the decision to strip Indonesia".

A rhino is a unicorn that decided to enjoy life and not care what anyone else says.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramsau
Back