Why so complicated to open bank account in Indonesia for foreigners

iihamm

Its really really complicated to open bank account if u are foreigners i am bank in different countries i never face problems while opening bank account but in Indonesia so complicated to open bank had really bad experience with almost Indonesia famous banks like Mandiri bank BCA and QNB and than finally i went to HSBC they open my account on basic requirements such Kitas passport and tax id than they send me Debit card with GPN label that card i can use only offline like atm tranc cannot use for online tranc and international than i ask them to reissue visa debit card they you need to pay 250k idr its really complicated to open bank account unless unless u are citizen

Bolox. It is perfectly simple if you have the correct documents which is a valid passport and correct legal kitas and also usually now an npwp tax id
Have all those things and you can walk out of any bank 30 mins later with a bank book, internet banking, phone banking and a visa atm debit card that works internationally - if you want with your name on it as well that takes 3-5 days longer

It is very simple. Suggest you open a BCA account it is the best for online banking with klikbca and the app is very good and of course the most branches atms etc and you get a platinum visa debit card works all round the world
Open HSBC if you want to send receive internationally. Their app is also good for domestic and they have an account that pays 3.5% for 5jt only

Bolox. It is perfectly simple if you have the correct documents which is a valid passport and correct legal kitas and also usually now an npwp tax id
Have all those things and you can walk out of any bank 30 mins later with a bank book, internet banking, phone banking and a visa atm debit card that works internationally - if you want with your name on it as well that takes 3-5 days longer

It is very simple. Suggest you open a BCA account it is the best for online banking with klikbca and the app is very good and of course the most branches atms etc and you get a platinum visa debit card works all round the world
Open HSBC if you want to send receive internationally. Their app is also good for domestic and they have an account that pays 3.5% for 5jt only
I bring original passport along kitas copy tax id than my company shareholders copies because i have investor kitas in Mandiri kokas they told me u can only nearby ur area than i went to nearby my area they told me we need references letter from Indonesian citizen than i bring that they said we will process ur account for approval than after 2 days they called me need Domicile and the same thing happened with me in BCA i shared all thing based on my experience its really complicated wallah fed up already

You don't need a tax id - you can give them your home country tax number. I really wouldn't recommend BCA personally though.
It sounds like you're setting up a business account which may be more difficult, I don't know.

You don't need a tax id - you can give them your home country tax number. I really wouldn't recommend BCA personally though.
It sounds like you're setting up a business account which may be more difficult, I don't know.
Not a business account i went to open a personal account which is so difficult

Opened a bank account with BCA no problems a few years ago. Even before I had my NPWP number. No issues at all, brilliant service really.

But for now its so complicated i am sharing my personal experience which i had I recently

Maybe things have changed recently. I'm more surprised that they insisted you choose a nearby branch than anything.

Agreed with OP. Tried to open one at BRI, women gave me a account opening form to fill.
Over 40 lines of info to fill, all in Bahasa. I asked her if she fill it for me, she turns to my wife and asks HER to do it... FFS, it's my wife, not my secretary !
Next tried Maybank, half hour waiting and no enthousiasm to take care of me.
Then I remembered I am an HSBC customer in HKG, and that there is an HSBC branch here in Bali.
Went there, all sorted in 30 min including debit card, but had to come back next day because "we need approval from Jakarta branch".
HSBC not as pro as in HKG, but still 10 times more professional than BRI and Maybank.
Only Kitas and passport required.

Agreed with OP. Tried to open one at BRI, women gave me a account opening form to fill.
Over 40 lines of info to fill, all in Bahasa. I asked her if she fill it for me, she turns to my wife and asks HER to do it... FFS, it's my wife, not my secretary !
Then I remembered I am an HSBC customer in HKG, and that there is an HSBC branch here in Bali.
Went there, all sorted in 30 min including debit card, but had to come back next day because "we need approval from Jakarta branch".
HSBC not as pro as in HKG, but still 10 times more professional than BRI and Maybank.

Yeah even in Dubai Hsbc service is so professional than in Indonesia but locals banks are so complicated for foreigners here some of people replies that BCA is easy but when i went to BCA they seems more complicated than the Mandiri BCA ask me to bring references letter from the person who already maintain account with them than they can open in other countries banking is so easy than here its reality in Dubai Qatar u don’t need to go to bank for account open it can be done within 10 minute and next day u can get welcome box from bank which is include debit card Cheque bool

As a user of BCA I find the nature of the website disappointing. I have an Australian bank account and easily access information about expenditure or income going back as far as I wish by just scrolling downon an account. The BCA account will only provide information for two months. So if there were some matter which I needed to check relating to something some while ago it is just not possible. A very poor set up. Otherwise the account works fine.

That's not true. Go to electronic statement you can download full statement as a PDF for years back. I do it every month

Screenshot_20210602-180212.png
Screenshot_20210602-180212.png

Thank you for the correction. I had been going to Account Information and then from that to account statement. So, I now see that e statement offers month by month pages. The scroll down on the account process of my Aus account makes it much easier to run through stuff but at least the month by month e statement is there. So thanks once again.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Catur88
Back