Vaccine effectiveness and Herd Immunity

Balifrog

Last edited by a moderator:
We will never get to herd immunity whilst people like Balifrog are around. There are enough people who medically cannot take the vaccine and then add in the selfish ones and the numbers will never get high enough.

Balifrog since you think that vaccines dont work how do you explain the difference between UK and Indonesia for last 10 days. As you can see on the twitter feed on the right
"In the last 14 days, Indonesia recorded 598k Covid cases, and the UK recorded 544k, only about 10% fewer than Indonesia.
However, it recorded 96% fewer deaths. (496 vs 13,780).
The difference? The UK has fully vaccinated 53% of its population. Indonesia only 6%."

You can wear a seatbelt and still crash. You just don't die.

Getting the vaccine means you could still carry the virus and test positive and infect others but you just won't get sick yourself.

Got it?

headdesk.jpg

We will never get to herd immunity whilst people like Balifrog are around. There are enough people who medically cannot take the vaccine and then add in the selfish ones and the numbers will never get high enough.

Balifrog since you think that vaccines dont work how do you explain the difference between UK and Indonesia for last 10 days. As you can see on the twitter feed on the right
"In the last 14 days, Indonesia recorded 598k Covid cases, and the UK recorded 544k, only about 10% fewer than Indonesia.
The difference? The UK has fully vaccinated 53% of its population. Indonesia only 6%."

I wouldn't trust the numbers given out for Indonesia. They are at least 3 times higher than what is being reported. Indonesia also has 200 million more people than the UK and has more remote places.

When it comes the why(difference), I point out the initial reaction and what plans were carried out at the very beginning. Then with the vaccines, what was the protocol and how quickly has it been made available.

FYI, I have had both does of the vaccine by the end of April.

Where did I ever wrote that I am anti vax ?
Where did I ever wrote that vaccines dont work ?

But I said, and rigthly so, that they are NOT the miracle solution. And the above case is proof of it.
End of story.
And you will never get herd immunity, with or without me.....
Sorry to the O.P that my simple post created so much T.F.

Not to nitpick but do you really believe the health care system is equal between the UK and Indonesia? Granted that's a big difference but some it has to do with care after the fact as well.

Not to nitpick but do you really believe the health care system is equal between the UK and Indonesia? Granted that's a big difference but some it has to do with care after the fact as well.

If you don't want to compare Indonesia vs UK healthcare system, you can compare UK mortality rate before and after vaccination. In particular around the time of the 2nd wave in January of this year, where people in the UK were dying at a higher rate than they are in Indonesia right now.

(Note that Indonesia is severely undercounting deaths)

And you will never get herd immunity, with or without me.....
Well, well, who would have thought it....I am not the only one thinking.like that ....

Well, well, who would have thought it....I am not the only one thinking.like that ....

Herd immunity is impossible because of people like Monsieur Balifrog not getting vaccinated :facepalm

You'll feel strange again , Today I saw people doing covid positive parties (that is what they are talking in English that its covid party) outside hotel building in hotel area (open air) those who are +ive cases they sitting talking together. (Foreigners and Indonesian) same hotel (Hariston Hotel) They guy ordered food from outside for everyone and people they done party but as soon as I knew I came back to my room.

I reported it to my embassy and they said they are in contact with task force to tell them this issue. They told me I should be allowed to do as many PCR on my own expense.

They are rude when I talk about testing. Sometimes they listen from one ear and gone from other. Not allowing me to do any type of covid test, I can now only wait for testing in coming week in 5 days.
The truth about PCR tests
Dr Sam Bailey (New Zealand)

The truth about PCR tests

Took about 30 seconds to find a lot of people discrediting this. Here is a couple of many many examples:

Took about 30 seconds to find a lot of people discrediting this. Here is a couple of many many examples:

It depends if you are getting a grant from the government.
Many non government virologists question the truthfulness of government researchers.

It depends if you are getting a grant from the government.

Of course. It must be all the governments fault.
So are you saying covid doesnt exist? Are you saying there is a better way to test for it? Are you saying we shouldnt test at all? Besides trying to muddy the waters what are you trying to say exactly?

Are you a retired beaucrat?
I'm putting information out there to be debated, an alternative view, as is allowed in the Westminster system.
Search the Web for drug companies such as those involved in the current contracts for vaccines to governments for billion dollar fines for fraud.
Governments can be corrupt like their politicians.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back