Unlimited Kitap for an "Indonesian mother sponsored KITAP"

Tobylemke

Hello everyone, my name is Toby.
im a 20 year old german citizen (dad is german), i am currently holding a KITAP sponsored by my Indonesian mother.
my KITAP and my Multiple Re-entry Permit(MERP) expires in june 2018, i was wondering if any of you know, if i can apply for an Unlimited KITAP with this KITAP that is sponsored by an indonesian mother? or are all KITAP the same no matter what sponsors? and how complicated will it be to switch to Unlimited KITAP?
if the unlimited KITAP/extending KITAP normally for 5 years is complicated to process (example i'd need to look for new sponsors, etc.) what will the requirements be to extend a 5 year KITAP/apply for an Unlimited KITAP?

it's a complicated question, but i hope some of you here understands about this situation, since this is gonna be the first time for me to take care of it by myself. (i dont live with my mom anymore since 18, and dad passed away long time ago).
About the prices, i already know since the official price list are on the official immigration page and i am aware that if i go to agents the price can be 200% higher than the actual price, and if i take care of it by myself the immigration will make it complicated so that i can feel it's easier to get it done with the agents.

to anyone that has ever faced this situation, please help and im very very much grateful for any info/advices.

Thank you :)

Hi Toby, welcome to the forum.

When you extend your KITAP for the first time, you will be given an unlimited KITAP. The process is almost the same as getting a KITAP, so there should be no surprises. You will have to be sponsored by your WNI mother (or WNI wife as the case may be). Immigration typically does not make it "complicated", and many people here have done all their immigration paperwork without an agent. It just takes a bit of time. I highly recommend it.

Hello
So what do you mean by "unlimited KITAP" if extending for the first time?
Do you mean if applying for the first time for a KITAP? I never heard of an unlimited KITAP even if it's sponsored by Indonesian wife or parent. What I know is that one has to be on a KITAS for 2 years first before they can get a KITAP which is for 5 years. According to Immigration staff at the KITAS counter in Bali, you can go straight to a KITAP if already married to your Indonesian partner for 2 years but then they said you must do a minimum of 1 year on KITAS first so that seems like a contradiction- Straight to KITAP if married for 2 years but 1 year on KITAS first, It means you don't go straight to KITAS doesn't it?

Your info on staying for two years in RI is rather outdated. Not that long ago the KITAP concept has changed btw; you get a KITAP for five years, and after that it will become 'unlimited'. So the first extension will give you that long term version.

But but but; it's more expensive, the MERP to be able to leave and re-enter the country has become mandatory and you need to renew the MERP every two years. Also, a reporting every five years is in order.

You can't bypass a KITAS, but immediately after getting one you can apply for the KITAP (with the being married for two years caveat if you get sponsored by your spouse).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back