UK passport renewal March 2020

Thursday 12th I think
Midday UK time
They've deducted 128 British dollars from my card

So on track to have my passport back next week I reckon
Let's see

My son got his UK adult passport in January 2019, ( Red burgundy with EU writing) everything was done online from Netherlands by himself.
My husband got new UK passport ( Red burgundy w/o EU writing) in early Feb 2020, the old passport still valid for 2 more years but immigration suggested to get new passport before apply for unlimited KITAP.
It took 2 weeks from the submission of docs to the pick up time. It was confusing about the DNA thing at the beginning but I told my husband to just go to VFS with all documents and acted like dummy... lol.
it worked!!:rockon:

Yeh I haven't updated this because although both UK and Jak sides both confirmed mine is processed and ready (since 3 months ago) they can't send it out because UK is closed for sending and Jak is closed for receiving it. Thank God I don't need it because the current one is still valid and ironically it's at immigration and stuck there also since last few months.

I guess by end of month I will have the old one back and the new shiny blue one.

Interestingly though this time they did ask me to reconfirm why I need 2 UK passports instead of 1.
"Memo 618" ;-)
Lol
I confirmed why and they were perfectly happy

But for everyone else assuming offices are open etc it should only take less than 2 weeks start to finish (not counting Corona backlog etc)

DNA was not a question or issue, I think that's just a box to check on the app?
And burgundy colour without EU mention is already finished and been blue since March / April.

My son got his UK adult passport in January 2019, ( Red burgundy with EU writing) everything was done online from Netherlands by himself.
My husband got new UK passport ( Red burgundy w/o EU writing) in early Feb 2020, the old passport still valid for 2 more years but immigration suggested to get new passport before apply for unlimited KITAP.
It took 2 weeks from the submission of docs to the pick up time. It was confusing about the DNA thing at the beginning but I told my husband to just go to VFS with all documents and acted like dummy... lol.
it worked!!:rockon:

So your son gave up Indonesian citizenship?

I would be interested to know the process for choosing, because as far as I can see both choices have downsides. Also from what I have seen, giving up a UK passport is very expensive (several hundred pounds) and getting it back again later if you want it is £2000+. I hope you could add something to the forum about the process when he goes through it, for those of us whose kids will one day be in a similar position.

Sure, I will write something but where should I put it, should I make new thread?

Yeh I haven't updated this because although both UK and Jak sides both confirmed mine is processed and ready (since 3 months ago) they can't send it out because UK is closed for sending and Jak is closed for receiving it. Thank God I don't need it because the current one is still valid and ironically it's at immigration and stuck there also since last few months.

I guess by end of month I will have the old one back and the new shiny blue one.

Interestingly though this time they did ask me to reconfirm why I need 2 UK passports instead of 1.
"Memo 618" ;-)
Lol
I confirmed why and they were perfectly happy

But for everyone else assuming offices are open etc it should only take less than 2 weeks start to finish (not counting Corona backlog etc)

DNA was not a question or issue, I think that's just a box to check on the app?
And burgundy colour without EU mention is already finished and been blue since March / April.
I missed this back in March - what is the DNA test supposed to show? Is it just for kids to prove they are the child of a UK citizen when getting their passport?

DNA - no idea. Was some box on the app form I ticked or didn't tick and nothing was ever asked or requested

It arrived esterday. Collected it today

BLUE (pathetic little happy dance)
Yay
Now I can act like an Aussie or a Yank lol

Quite nice inside. Lots of pretty pics etc and my photo appears 4 times

It arrived esterday. Collected it today

BLUE (pathetic little happy dance)
Yay
Now I can act like an Aussie or a Yank lol

Quite nice inside. Lots of pretty pics etc and my photo appears 4 times
4 pretty pics of yours or just pretty pics of others?..Lol Kidding.
You can breathe now... or hold your breath til mutasi..:geek:

It's blue. Just midnight blue. Lol

Yes on the 2nd page there's 3 pics of me. Woohoo

Next year will renew my other one hopefully just the usual 2 weeks turnaround not 4month corona etc

Ok so I pitched up at 9.59, went through all the nonsense of why am I here, show my appointment email, strip search, hand wash, through 5 more locked doors etc and sat and waited where I was told, to renew an existing British passport with my appointment set at 10 to purely submit my docs.

Some teenager came up and mumbled about sorry, system down, sebentar etc etc

10 mins later he came back and said let me see your docs. So he through everything unconvincingly and then took them. I said to him I am ok if you just want to manually check now and I come back tomorrow to get the receipt, but he gave me the blank look.

I said don't worry, I have done this before, it's not expired, only full, I don't need countersign, I look the same, here is 2 pics, credit card form, etc etc, 52 pages in order of colour copy of the original, etc etc

Anyway he took everything and came back 5 mins later. "Just wait here a minute please sir"

By now I'm getting cranky because I have another appt at 10.40 and if I had been 15 mins later for VFS they don't let you in, and I am the first one (only one) but yet there is a problem and I've been waiting 30mins.

Eventually they find the power switch and I get served. Again the boy unconvincingly goes through everything 16 times then goes to get his friend. Apparently I need to include a non existant check list, so his friend finds one and of course turns out that is what HE needs, not me, so he goes through it, ticks 2 boxes, asks me to sign it and then gives it back to me! Weird but whatever.

He then says I need proof of address, I say no disrespect but I don't. it is not even mentioned on the app forms. He said he is just worried it will get rejected. I said I know you just doing your job but I can assure you it is not needed and not even requested. My address is clearly stated and anyway I have to collect it from here, you are not even sending it to me anymore.

He seems convinced, takes everything, shuffles it, and says ok we call you when it's ready.

Now interestingly, he also took my passport, which I know is wrong, because it is still valid and I need it, although he hadn't actually looked or mentioned entry stamps etc - which is lucky because I enetered on my other one. I thought well the new one will be here next week and I have the one I need to leave if I have meeting outside anyway, so I didn't push that too much. But I did think he was wrong.

So I managed to leave by 11 - so disregarding the 35 mins of watching paint dry and people trying to work out to press a button marked "press here to exit" before they can open a door, I was with the guy about 10-15mins but purely because he obviously did not have a clue what he was doing. I guess hardly any Brit passport renewals?

Then 30 mins later I get an email:

Dear Sir/Madam

We would like to inform you that your old passport is left at our office. It was no necessary to leave your passport with us, so please take back your passport immediately at working days between 10.00 am – 17.00 pm.
We were very sorry for your incovenient and misunderstanding.

Best Regards,

On behalf of Her Majesty’s Passport Office
----------
UK Visa Application Centre
HM Passport Office Local Service Provider, Jakarta

1. This is from a company representing the British Government and there are more spelling mistakes and grammatical errors than on the FB page from "English teachers"

2. They don't know what they are doing obviously.

3. You don't need to leave your existing passport, which I already knew. In fact even when you go to collect its replacement, it is only cancelled "online" so you can still use it for ID and domestic flights (maybe Int'l too, I never check to see if they do cancel it). Years ago they clipped a corner off the back cover (before technology lol)

Anyway I replied and said hang on to it, I will pick it up next week with my new one, which hopefully will be BLUE (not black) but worse case will be burgundy with no mention of EU etc

That's it really. Will update when I get it. I expect the BCA sms in a day or 2 confirming they took my 128 quid and that means it was processed and I should have it next week.

After that up to admin to close this or pin it or whatever.

The original link to download the forms etc is here:

https://www.passport.service.gov.uk/overseas/information/indonesia/renew/adult

https://assets.publishing.service.g...s/attachment_data/file/462278/OS_Form_010.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/overseas-passport-creditdebit-card-payment-authorisation

https://assets.publishing.service.g...file/190989/OS_Payment__Instruction_07.13.pdf

2 passport photos, white background 4.5cm x 3.5cm

128.51 GBP for 48/50 page jumbo adult.
I have my appointment on Monday at VFS in Bali and was curious about one thing.
I am here on a Social Visa and need to a passport as I have no pages.
I don't have a fixed address. So what can I give as proof of address if they insist on it.
Secondly, Do I give my UK address as my address or the one in Bali.
The form I have completed has my UK address on it.

Would really appreciate some feedback.

Fill in the form as it says using the guidelines

Sorry I don't work for VFS

The form is very clear and there is even a subsection that explains clearly for every part what you should include or not include etc.

Finally if you really don't have any pages left then you're an idiot for not renewing 6 months ago

You could run into problems if you don't get a new passport back until January.

Remember there is the Christmas rush, covid closures and also Christmas closing

I would be very worried if I was in your position.

If there are no full blank pages left in your passport then immigration here will not renew or extend your visa. Then what are you going to do?

Fill in the form as it says using the guidelines

Sorry I don't work for VFS

The form is very clear and there is even a subsection that explains clearly for every part what you should include or not include etc.

Finally if you really don't have any pages left then you're an idiot for not renewing 6 months ago

You could run into problems if you don't get a new passport back until January.

Remember there is the Christmas rush, covid closures and also Christmas closing

I would be very worried if I was in your position.

If there are no full blank pages left in your passport then immigration here will not renew or extend your visa. Then what are you going to do?
Thanks ..I think 🤔

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back