Cager
Thursday 12th I think
Midday UK time
They've deducted 128 British dollars from my card

So on track to have my passport back next week I reckon
Let's see

snpark

Cager
Things looking good, amazingly all the Brit muppets all applied for a new passport hoping for a blue one, instead they helped me by getting through all the burgundy ones hahaha so since last Thursday all the burgundy ones now habis pak, so I praying for a blue one
Then I can renew my other one next month for twinny blueset lol

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...er-one-receive-new-blue-British-passport.html

stt_cibubur

Cager
My son got his UK adult passport in January 2019, ( Red burgundy with EU writing) everything was done online from Netherlands by himself.
My husband got new UK passport ( Red burgundy w/o EU writing) in early Feb 2020, the old passport still valid for 2 more years but immigration suggested to get new passport before apply for unlimited KITAP.
It took 2 weeks from the submission of docs to the pick up time. It was confusing about the DNA thing at the beginning but I told my husband to just go to VFS with all documents and acted like dummy... lol.
it worked!!:rockon:

snpark

Cager
Yeh I haven't updated this because although both UK and Jak sides both confirmed mine is processed and ready (since 3 months ago) they can't send it out because UK is closed for sending and Jak is closed for receiving it. Thank God I don't need it because the current one is still valid and ironically it's at immigration and stuck there also since last few months.

I guess by end of month I will have the old one back and the new shiny blue one.

Interestingly though this time they did ask me to reconfirm why I need 2 UK passports instead of 1.
"Memo 618" ;-)
Lol
I confirmed why and they were perfectly happy

But for everyone else assuming offices are open etc it should only take less than 2 weeks start to finish (not counting Corona backlog etc)

DNA was not a question or issue, I think that's just a box to check on the app?
And burgundy colour without EU mention is already finished and been blue since March / April.

Helpful Herbert

My son got his UK adult passport in January 2019, ( Red burgundy with EU writing) everything was done online from Netherlands by himself.
My husband got new UK passport ( Red burgundy w/o EU writing) in early Feb 2020, the old passport still valid for 2 more years but immigration suggested to get new passport before apply for unlimited KITAP.
It took 2 weeks from the submission of docs to the pick up time. It was confusing about the DNA thing at the beginning but I told my husband to just go to VFS with all documents and acted like dummy... lol.
it worked!!:rockon:
So your son gave up Indonesian citizenship?

Helpful Herbert

I would be interested to know the process for choosing, because as far as I can see both choices have downsides. Also from what I have seen, giving up a UK passport is very expensive (several hundred pounds) and getting it back again later if you want it is £2000+. I hope you could add something to the forum about the process when he goes through it, for those of us whose kids will one day be in a similar position.

gemima

Cager
Yeh I haven't updated this because although both UK and Jak sides both confirmed mine is processed and ready (since 3 months ago) they can't send it out because UK is closed for sending and Jak is closed for receiving it. Thank God I don't need it because the current one is still valid and ironically it's at immigration and stuck there also since last few months.

I guess by end of month I will have the old one back and the new shiny blue one.

Interestingly though this time they did ask me to reconfirm why I need 2 UK passports instead of 1.
"Memo 618" ;-)
Lol
I confirmed why and they were perfectly happy

But for everyone else assuming offices are open etc it should only take less than 2 weeks start to finish (not counting Corona backlog etc)

DNA was not a question or issue, I think that's just a box to check on the app?
And burgundy colour without EU mention is already finished and been blue since March / April.
I missed this back in March - what is the DNA test supposed to show? Is it just for kids to prove they are the child of a UK citizen when getting their passport?

snpark

Cager
DNA - no idea. Was some box on the app form I ticked or didn't tick and nothing was ever asked or requested

snpark

Cager
It arrived esterday. Collected it today

BLUE (pathetic little happy dance)
Yay
Now I can act like an Aussie or a Yank lol

Quite nice inside. Lots of pretty pics etc and my photo appears 4 times

stt_cibubur

Cager
It arrived esterday. Collected it today

BLUE (pathetic little happy dance)
Yay
Now I can act like an Aussie or a Yank lol

Quite nice inside. Lots of pretty pics etc and my photo appears 4 times
4 pretty pics of yours or just pretty pics of others?..Lol Kidding.
You can breathe now... or hold your breath til mutasi..:geek:

snpark

Cager
It's blue. Just midnight blue. Lol

Yes on the 2nd page there's 3 pics of me. Woohoo

Next year will renew my other one hopefully just the usual 2 weeks turnaround not 4month corona etc

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClydeCob
Top Bottom