research on “The Willingness to Join Indonesia National Health Insurance (JKN) Among Foreign Workers in Indonesia”

However valuable the 2021 survey may have been the present issue has been about the requests for new participants to do or not to do the survey? That is the question.

If the survey asks for private information that may enable your identification, given there can be no guarantees about security of information, then participation might be akin to stepping barefoot into a pile of mud.

Sadly it seems that we must be less and less trustful of opening stuff on the internet with an exponential increase of villainous characters keen to divest you of either your identity or whatever funds you might have. Welcome to the new world of 2024.
1704079463370.png

The survey is for foreign workers, not informal sector workers
Which is why I asked isn't or wasn't it compulsory or mandatory when you make your KITAS to enrol in BJPS? I mean it's only a few hundred thousand a month anyway

The survey is for foreign workers, not informal sector workers
Which is why I asked isn't or wasn't it compulsory or mandatory when you make your KITAS to enrol in BJPS? I mean it's only a few hundred thousand a month anyway
Compulsory from 2019 I think for all workers including foreign ones (meaning their employers should enroll them).

Last edited:
I think the main reason that people, working in the informal sector, stopped paying, was because of the Covid pandemic, rumors of lock down and the lock down that started 3 July 2021.
Good point. During the COVID-19 lockdown, numerous small businesses, particularly those in the hospitality sector, small eateries (warungs), and street vendors, experienced adverse effects.

To get a more accurate conclusion, it might be necessary to conduct the survey again, excluding the influence of the lockdown.

In the existing circumstances, if individuals are unwilling to pay Rp 42,000 (equivalent to USD 2.75), it is good to investigate the reasons behind this decision, especially considering that the average healthcare costs of the informal workers are already higher than this amount according to the previous survey. Is the current premium of Rp 42,000 still considered unaffordable, or are there other factors such as lack of awareness, ignorance or mistrust in the JKN (BPJS) system? Not to mention the expenses associated with a significant operation, extended hospital stay, could amount to several hundred million rupiahs.

Last edited:
I want to clarify that M Syamsu Hidayat is my lecturer who is the main researcher in this research, that's why the name M Syamsu Hidayat is written on the form.
Sorry if we seem to be such an unhelpful group but the reality,I am afraid, is that there really can be no guarantee about security of personal data with the amount of hacking on the internet. It has become commonplace for data to be hacked from hospitals and other medical organizations.

Sorry if we seem to be such an unhelpful group but the reality,I am afraid, is that there really can be no guarantee about security of personal data with the amount of hacking on the internet. It has become commonplace for data to be hacked from hospitals and other medical organizations.
It's okay, I was you too. If you're afraid, it's okay, you don't need to fill it out. This is also my first time uploading on this forum, so I apologize if there are still many shortcomings

I want to clarify that M Syamsu Hidayat is my lecturer who is the main researcher in this research, that's why the name M Syamsu Hidayat is written on the form.

So what happened with the identical previous
survey in April 2023 when another student used the identical same language for the same researcher? The same words. Questions. Survey. Etc.
Why asking again? Is it really genuine? Or he asks every class every year the same thing to do?

April 25 2023

Hi,

We, a group of students of Universitas Gadjah Mada, are conducting research on “The Willingness to Join Indonesia National Health Insurance (JKN) Among Foreign Workers in Indonesia”. It is part of our project to provide evidence-based for decision makers in health care. In this regard, we would like to ask your help, by answering our questions (it will take less than 10 minutes). Here's the link to the question :

bit.ly/PolicyEvaluationofTheNationalHealthInsuranceProgram

Please be rest assured that all of your information will be protected and kept confidential. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Respectfully yours,

The Researchers

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blonstein
Back