Pandemic - Emergency Stay Permit Expiration

Fabulous. Paragraph 5 section D point 2 looks promising for getting an ITAP. :)
How so? I think you still need continuous ITAS for 5 years first, correct? I think it is just clarifying that your ITAS will still be considered continuous despite being temporarily transitioned to the emergency visa.

How so? I think you still need continuous ITAS for 5 years first, correct? I think it is just clarifying that your ITAS will still be considered continuous despite being temporarily transitioned to the emergency visa.

Hard to say. The language isn't clear. If it makes something simpler than it would have been, it's a win.

Hard to say. The language isn't clear. If it makes something simpler than it would have been, it's a win.

It's doesn't. The issuance of a KITAP still has to follow prevailing laws, and a letter form DirJen can not override it. Basically that section means that ITAS to ITAP conversion application are once again accepted, subject to all conditions before the pandemic.

That five year rule has changed; it's now three years and it has to be continuously from issuance of ITAS. Sadly, I'm only up to two years on this current ITAS :-( .

Since when it became 3 years? Any official link? According to my agent its still 5 years?
You sure you not getting confused about being married for 2 years first and including that in the 5 years to make the 3 ?

DitJen Imigrasi has set up a Whatsapp chat hotline for questions regarding the Stay Permit situation:

EcyH_kwUYAAMJvw.jpg

Well i have just got back from the immigration office and the following is what occurred in relation to my specific case. "as stated in previous post"

At first they said that i had overstayed and that i needed to extend my sosbud online from july through to september on the immigration website, and then i could apply for VITAS and of course have to travel overseas etc and follow the process.

I explained to them SP/KL borders were still closed and did not know when they would reopen.

They thought about this for a while and they have now offered to extend my sosbud in house and convert it to KITAS in house, saving me a hassle of going overseas and all the other process.

I gather everyone else's situation will be different and dependent on their own immigration office, this only pertains to Bandar Lampung.

I have to return to immigration office this afternoon to finalise everything and of course pay their fee. Will let you know how it all goes.

I went to the immigration office in Bogor this morning at 9am. It was not too busy and we were helped within a few minutes. As usual, my wife and I seemed more informed then the immigration staff on the issue of the emergency stay rules and they were not very informative. I started the process for an extension on my D212 social visa, paid the 500k RP fee, and they said come back in a week. A week is unusually long for a visa extension. It's normally 2-3 days. They also said there are alot of KITAS/P applications at the moment and didn't recommend trying to convert my social visa to it. I don't plan to follow their advise ofcourse! A conversion to a KITAS stay visa will bring some stability to this unstable situation and I won't have to worry so much able being forced to leave Indonesia without being able to return.

I went to the immigration office in Bogor this morning at 9am. It was not too busy and we were helped within a few minutes. As usual, my wife and I seemed more informed then the immigration staff on the issue of the emergency stay rules and they were not very informative. I started the process for an extension on my D212 social visa, paid the 500k RP fee, and they said come back in a week. A week is unusually long for a visa extension. It's normally 2-3 days. They also said there are alot of KITAS/P applications at the moment and didn't recommend trying to convert my social visa to it. I don't plan to follow their advise ofcourse! A conversion to a KITAS stay visa will bring some stability to this unstable situation and I won't have to worry so much able being forced to leave Indonesia without being able to return.
sounds like i am in the same boat, i am on my D212 social visa, and need to extend or convert to ITAS. i thought D212 cannot be extended because it is multiple entries? can we extend it because of covid now? why not convert it to ITAS now?

sounds like i am in the same boat, i am on my D212 social visa, and need to extend or convert to ITAS. i thought D212 cannot be extended because it is multiple entries? can we extend it because of covid now? why not convert it to ITAS now?
Below is the new rule that applies to me. Since I want to convert to an ITAS. It says I can do that after getting an extension. Hopefully I'm not misinterpreting anything.

Visitor Stay Permit (ITK), Temporary Stay Permit (ITAS) and Permanent Stay Permit (ITAP) holders with Emergency Stay Permit

ITK Holders
Holders of Visitor Permits (2B21, 2B11, D212) who have been granted an Emergency Stay Permit can extend their substantive permits unless the Covid-19 pandemic is declared over and available transports are leaving Indonesia.

Holders of Visitor Permits can change their Visitor Permits to Stay Permits after the extension of permit is granted.

Holders of Visitor Permits can extend their substantive permits within 30 days of grace period from the date of this circular letter is issued.

Is there any leniency or grace period for those whose Kitas runs out in the very short term (ie. this week or next week)? Seems there was no run-up to to reopening Itas extensions the way there was for for Passport applications.

Is there any leniency or grace period for those whose Kitas runs out in the very short term (ie. this week or next week)? Seems there was no run-up to to reopening Itas extensions the way there was for for Passport applications.

The Kitas extension can be submitted one business day before expiration

30 day grace period started today already day 1. So you have 29 days to submit / extend your visa or leave.

Where exactly are all the digital nomads, and indeed others, going to fly to? Are there even any flights at the moment? What country would accept Indonesian planes at this point with the current growth in infection rates?

Plenty of flights to plenty of locations. There isn't a country in the world that refuses it's own citizens. Not Indonesia's fault if they can't fly to SG for a day is it?
Besides a lot can happen in next 29 days

Plenty of flights to plenty of locations. There isn't a country in the world that refuses it's own citizens. Not Indonesia's fault if they can't fly to SG for a day is it?
Besides a lot can happen in next 29 days
Australia is going to put limits on number returning on any one day. "Australia will now impose a cap of 4,175 people allowed to return each week and those returning will also have to pay for a mandatory 14-day quarantine in a hotel, which until now had been paid for by state governments.

Not sure how a person making a booking overseas is to know whether they will be affected on any given day. Just another sad complication for people stuck overseas.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back