My FIL RIP

My condolences. It is an awful time and the more we focus on the connections that bind us, the quicker we can support each other and move rapidly out of this surreal period.

Turut berduka cita Pak Asam Manis. My dad is also suffering from dementia, triggered by internal bleeding in his brain. It is painful to see him losing his memory, so I can empathize with you.

Turut berduka cita Pak Asam Manis. My dad is also suffering from dementia, triggered by internal bleeding in his brain. It is painful to see him losing his memory, so I can empathize with you.

My FIL's mind started to be affected shortly after his first heart attack in 2012 or '13 (I can't remember now which year). The family suspected that his doctor gave him too much or the wrong medicine as the initial cause. In any case he clearly started suffering from dementia-like symptoms around that time and deteriorated over the years.

When my wife returned to Indonesia several weeks ago after being away from home for two and a half years, she was pretty shocked that he could no longer recognize her (or anyone else, really, including his wife and his other children / grandchildren etc). As I guess typical Indonesian family, they did not want to tell her that over the phone.

My mother also has dementia - Lewy body type which combines symptoms of Alzheimer's with those of Parkinson's and makes her have paranoid delusions and at times psychosis. It's a rough disease and dementia basically sucks for everyone, whatever the cause. I'm sorry for what your father is going through.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinYao
Back