KITAP ex-Indonesian proof of lost citizenship

poco - poco

Hello all,

I am currently an ex-WNI hoping to get my KITAP (through ex Indonesian KITAS) later this year after I move to Indonesia with my wife. I've been in conversations with few agents in Indonesia asking for their advice regarding the procedures for such an application.

Because I am an ex-WNI, I was informed by them that I need to get a 'surat keterangan pelepasan WNI' as the requirement by the Disduk (dinas kependudukan) for me in getting the SKTT and KTP-OA. This is to make sure my NIK (residency number) can be removed from their system (I used to have a KTP in Indo). However, the problem is, I don't know how to get such document! When I inquired to the embassy here (Australia), they said that they have no idea what document that is. All they could give me is a letter saying that my Indonesian passport had been surrendered because I am an Australian citizen. They then said, even if there is one, only the President of Indonesia has the authority to remove someone's NIK.

My question is: has anyone who applied for KITAP as an ex-Indonesian (index 318) ever been asked by the Dinas Kependudukan them for such document?

Thanks heaps,
Danny
Thank you Dannyboy, banana72,jstar for all your conversations....I am at the moment search about how to go back living in Indonesia as an Ex WNI

atlantis

Administrator
Cager
Thank you Dannyboy, banana72,jstar for all your conversations....I am at the moment search about how to go back living in Indonesia as an Ex WNI
Hi Poco Poco.
I have received your PM and thank you for it. Please post your question directly on the forum so that answers may benefit to all readers.
Pakatu'an wo pakalawiren. :D

SamR

May I ask where are you living now? Do you still have family in Indonesia with WNI status?

poco - poco

Hi, I am a widow without families and relatives in my adopted country.
My late husband was the only a child and we have no kids.
I've been searching to go back living for the rest of my life in Indonesia, live as a WNA with KITAS or KITAB or as a WNI
If I continue to live here in my adopted country, I am going to end up in nurserring home ( panti jompo ) lonely miserable and I must give all my assets to them and they will search where all my assets gone in the past 7 years . I prefer to dye in Indonesia around nephews and nieces than lonely miserable in nurserring home here
I have already searched eventhough I enter Indonesia with WNI I still illegible to receive a health pension ( from my late husband ) my widow pensions from government as long as I have never married again and my private pension.
I would rather share this to my relatives in Indonesia than give them to a nurserring home here.

Reading through your conversations I understood that I would not illegible to have BPJS with KITAB as I am a retirement age and I am in medication

I think more suitable for me if I go back to Indonesia as a WNI and willing to say good bye to my adopted country citizenship. I still have NIK and ( new ) KK in Jakarta but I haven't decided yet where I am gone be in Indonesia. But for sure not in Jakarta probably in Bali or Manado where is my root comes from
My question...IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO GO BACK THERE IN INDONESIA AS INDONESIAN CITIZEN?
I haven't contacted Indonesian embassy yet because talking to them sometimes their reservation a bit helpless and pain.

I would very much appreciated if you could give me some ideas, guidance please

SamR

I've been searching to go back living for the rest of my life in Indonesia, live as a WNA with KITAS or KITAB or as a WNI
If I continue to live here in my adopted country, I am going to end up in nurserring home ( panti jompo ) lonely miserable and I must give all my assets to them and they will search where all my assets gone in the past 7 years . I prefer to dye in Indonesia around nephews and nieces than lonely miserable in nurserring home here
I have already searched eventhough I enter Indonesia with WNI I still illegible to receive a health pension ( from my late husband ) my widow pensions from government as long as I have never married again and my private pension.
I would rather share this to my relatives in Indonesia than give them to a nurserring home here.

Reading through your conversations I understood that I would not illegible to have BPJS with KITAB as I am a retirement age and I am in medication

I think more suitable for me if I go back to Indonesia as a WNI and willing to say good bye to my adopted country citizenship. I still have NIK and ( new ) KK in Jakarta but I haven't decided yet where I am gone be in Indonesia. But for sure not in Jakarta probably in Bali or Manado where is my root comes from
My question...IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO GO BACK THERE IN INDONESIA AS INDONESIAN CITIZEN?
I haven't contacted Indonesian embassy yet because talking to them sometimes their reservation a bit helpless and pain.

-Having taken up the citizenship of another country, from the Indonesian perspective that's the same as letting go of your Indonesian citizenship because Indonesia doesn't recognize dual citizenship. The other country might recognize dual citizenship but Indonesia doesn't. Even if this hasn't been reported to the Embassy or the Consulate General, sooner or later they will know. Because when you apply for and get your visa, you will collect it from the Embassy/Consulate General. That's the point I handed my passport over and disclose that yes, I have a foreign passport.

-I'm curious, Bu. When was the last time you were in Indonesia that you are able to have NIK and KK? Do you have an E-KTP?

poco - poco

-Having taken up the citizenship of another country, from the Indonesian perspective that's the same as letting go of your Indonesian citizenship because Indonesia doesn't recognize dual citizenship. The other country might recognize dual citizenship but Indonesia doesn't. Even if this hasn't been reported to the Embassy or the Consulate General, sooner or later they will know. Because when you apply for and get your visa, you will collect it from the Embassy/Consulate General. That's the point I handed my passport over and disclose that yes, I have a foreign passport.

-I'm curious, Bu. When was the last time you were in Indonesia that you are able to have NIK and KK? Do you have an E-KTP?
I have this NIK and KK ( with my tante ) since when I was living in Jakarta and it has been continue ever. hahaha... but I dont have E-KTP.
That why I try to decided which way the best to enter Indonesia. with my status now, could I enter Indonesia as a WNI?

dannyboy

I have this NIK and KK ( with my tante ) since when I was living in Jakarta and it has been continue ever. hahaha... but I dont have E-KTP.
That why I try to decided which way the best to enter Indonesia. with my status now, could I enter Indonesia as a WNI?
Hi Poco Poco,
You can enter indonesia as WNA and just like everyone else, get a KITAS (with repatriation purpose sponsored by close relative). However, because you are an ex WNI, you are eligible to apply for 5 year KITAP as soon as your KITAS is approved.

This will allow you to at least settle in Indonesia for a while (apart from professional work-you need IMTA, debatable I know) whilst figuring out what the next step will be. If you stay in Indo for more than 5 years I think then you can apply to get your citizenship back.

I can't see any other shortcut to be a WNI again because you have taken up other citizenship. Even though you still have active KK and NIK, it is irrelevant for the immigration ppl.

Helpful Herbert

You cannot enter Indonesia as a WNI. However you can enter as a WNA and there is a pathway to become a WNI over time.

poco - poco

Hi Poco Poco,
You can enter indonesia as WNA and just like everyone else, get a KITAS (with repatriation purpose sponsored by close relative). However, because you are an ex WNI, you are eligible to apply for 5 year KITAP as soon as your KITAS is approved.

This will allow you to at least settle in Indonesia for a while (apart from professional work-you need IMTA, debatable I know) whilst figuring out what the next step will be. If you stay in Indo for more than 5 years I think then you can apply to get your citizenship back.

I can't see any other shortcut to be a WNI again because you have taken up other citizenship. Even though you still have active KK and NIK, it is irrelevant for the immigration ppl.
Hi Dannyboy,

Thank you very much for your replying and I really appreciated it.
I understood that having KITAB in retirement age, I am not eligible to apply for a health care ( BPJS ), am I?
However, I've plan to involve in my friend as a founder a local charity in Bali ( non profitable foundation ) which I had involved in 2014 and 2015.
Is it possible if I as volunteer worker, eligible to apply for BPJS?

Other concern is, first step before KITAB, I can have KITAS. How can I receive my pension from my adopted country if I can not allow to have my own bank account?
This pension organisation either from government and private pension wont accept if I use my sponsor's identities.

My last question is ; I am a tax payer here and I believe I still have to have self essessment taxt return here eventhough I live in Indonesia, am I a subject of tax in Indonesia from the income that I receive from abroad?

All this answer it would have a big impact in my decision, ither to stay where I am or to go back to Indonesia,

Thank you

Poco - poco

Thank you

Poco - poco

poco - poco

You cannot enter Indonesia as a WNI. However you can enter as a WNA and there is a pathway to become a WNI over time.
Hi Helpful Herbert,

Thank you for your information, I really appreciated it. Dannyboy had been kind given me some good clear information.

Thanks
Poco - poco

dannyboy

Hi Dannyboy,

Thank you very much for your replying and I really appreciated it.
I understood that having KITAB in retirement age, I am not eligible to apply for a health care ( BPJS ), am I?
However, I've plan to involve in my friend as a founder a local charity in Bali ( non profitable foundation ) which I had involved in 2014 and 2015.
Is it possible if I as volunteer worker, eligible to apply for BPJS?

Other concern is, first step before KITAB, I can have KITAS. How can I receive my pension from my adopted country if I can not allow to have my own bank account?
This pension organisation either from government and private pension wont accept if I use my sponsor's identities.

My last question is ; I am a tax payer here and I believe I still have to have self essessment taxt return here eventhough I live in Indonesia, am I a subject of tax in Indonesia from the income that I receive from abroad?

All this answer it would have a big impact in my decision, ither to stay where I am or to go back to Indonesia,

Thank you

Poco - poco

Thank you

Poco - poco
Hi Poco-poco

If I am not mistaken, you can apply for BPJS through 'Jalur Mandiri if you are KITAS/KITAP Holder, even if you are not working.

I'm not too sure about your question regarding pension: how do receiving pensions work if you don't even reside in the country (others might help answering). If you are talking about Indonesia, you can definitely open a bank account as a foreigner in Indonesia. https://finansial.bisnis.com/read/2...bisa-buka-rekening-di-bank-bermodalkan-paspor

If you are officially employed in Indonesia, then you need to get NPWP (again KITAS/KITAP holder allowed). Regarding declaring tax overseas, I guess it depends on the tax agreement between that country and Indonesia. In general, I think you still need to declare how much taxable income you earn overseas to your country of residence into the assessment.

Hope it helps.

poco - poco

Hi Poco-poco

If I am not mistaken, you can apply for BPJS through 'Jalur Mandiri if you are KITAS/KITAP Holder, even if you are not working.

I'm not too sure about your question regarding pension: how do receiving pensions work if you don't even reside in the country (others might help answering). If you are talking about Indonesia, you can definitely open a bank account as a foreigner in Indonesia. https://finansial.bisnis.com/read/2...bisa-buka-rekening-di-bank-bermodalkan-paspor

If you are officially employed in Indonesia, then you need to get NPWP (again KITAS/KITAP holder allowed). Regarding declaring tax overseas, I guess it depends on the tax agreement between that country and Indonesia. In general, I think you still need to declare how much taxable income you earn overseas to your country of residence into the assessment.

Hope it helps.
Hi Dannyboy,

Thank you again for your speedy respond.
Very kind of you answer all my requests..and all the webs that you've sent... I am very pleased, excited reading your last email.

Yes, I am entitle to receive my adopted country's government ( UK'S pensions ; NHS pension and a widow pension) eventhough I live in Indonesia as well as my private pensions. First thing first I've checked is making sure if I am entitle to, because this is more important than any thing else.

Years ago my late husband had KITAS and he then received UK's state pension, NHS pension etc, but we didn't continue as we took a wrong place to live.

Yes, about income tax we have annual tax allowance.

Early, I mentioned my reason why I want to go back to Indonesia, as I have no children and I could be more benefit to the local in Indonesia then stay here through my passionate helping others and I already have plan for this. My late husband and I sponsored 5 Uni students in Indonesia and they are all graduate, have a good job with comfortable life.

I've known some one who went back to Indonesia, she run orphanage from scratch in Indonesia through her links in UK. I would definitely do the same thing ...not orphanage though

Thank you Dannyboy

Poco - poco

yantiharun1

Hello,
I am an ex-WNI and was in the same position as you are now. You can enter Indonesia as a WNA and there is a pathway to become a WNI when you decide to do that in the future. After my husband passed, In November 2019, I was on my way back to Jakarta to be with my family. At first I came in with social budaya visa which has a maximum of 180 days (including the four extensions). You need to apply for this visa at an Indonesian embassy at the country where you live at the moment, in my case it was Indonesian embassy in San Francisco. In February last year I was granted 1 year Kitas, and last month I was granted for 5 year Kitap. According to the Immigration office the next step will be the Unlimited Kitap.

As long as you have the time and the patience the process of getting your visa issues is actually pretty painless and there is no need to pay the ridiculous fees that visa agents charge. Best of luck!

poco - poco

Hello,
I am an ex-WNI and was in the same position as you are now. You can enter Indonesia as a WNA and there is a pathway to become a WNI when you decide to do that in the future. After my husband passed, In November 2019, I was on my way back to Jakarta to be with my family. At first I came in with social budaya visa which has a maximum of 180 days (including the four extensions). You need to apply for this visa at an Indonesian embassy at the country where you live at the moment, in my case it was Indonesian embassy in San Francisco. In February last year I was granted 1 year Kitas, and last month I was granted for 5 year Kitap. According to the Immigration office the next step will be the Unlimited Kitap.

As long as you have the time and the patience the process of getting your visa issues is actually pretty painless and there is no need to pay the ridiculous fees that visa agents charge. Best of luck!
Hi Yantiharun,

Thank you for you respond.

I really appreciated that

Yes I am willing to sort it out by myself.

So far, how much have you spent to get in you are right now?

Kind Regards

Poco-poco

yantiharun1

Hi Yantiharun,

Thank you for you respond.

I really appreciated that

Yes I am willing to sort it out by myself.

So far, how much have you spent to get in you are right now?

Kind Regards

Poco-poco
Hello Poco-poco
Social Budaya Rp500.000 each extension.
1 Year Retirement Kitas Rp2,500.000 (incl. 1 yr. Merp)
5 Year Kitap Rp6,750.000 (incl. 2 yr. Merp)

poco - poco

Hello Poco-poco
Social Budaya Rp500.000 each extension.
1 Year Retirement Kitas Rp2,500.000 (incl. 1 yr. Merp)
5 Year Kitap Rp6,750.000 (incl. 2 yr. Merp)
Thank you Yantiharun.

I am so excited, hahaha very low than what I have expected.

I believe you are in retirement age because you applied Retirement Kitas.

Do you have BPJS?. That is my concern as hospital here in UK free but hospital in Indonesia cost me arm and leg and I am in medication ( blood pressure and thyroxine )

Poco- poco

yantiharun1

Thank you Yantiharun.

I am so excited, hahaha very low than what I have expected.

I believe you are in retirement age because you applied Retirement Kitas.

Do you have BPJS?. That is my concern as hospital here in UK free but hospital in Indonesia cost me arm and leg and I am in medication ( blood pressure and thyroxine )

Poco- poco
I have read somewhere that you can not apply for BPJS with Retirement Kitas/Kitap, although, you never know, the rules might change, so I keep checking. Yes, medicare insurance is almost free in the US. Costs for regular doctor's checkup and medicines here in Indonesia are not so bad. Although for a major illness or if you need a surgery it is different though. You might go bankrupt... ha..

poco - poco

Yes I have red that too but Dannyboy said I can have BPJS Mandiri but it said BPJS mandiri is for WNA student

BPJS is important to think about but if it too complicated I just gona stay where I am now. I have already have a comfortable life here anyway.

Through this forum I hope Indonesian immigration government would make away easy to people like me as I am going to be a benefit for the local there anyway.
When I came to this country ( UK ) I carried nothing from Indonesia but I want to go back to carry what I have gained here but seems that too complicated....really sad... I change my mind

Thank you for all your responds and I really appreciated it. GOD BLESS YOU

Soraya

About 10jt for KITAS and 30jt for KITAP (incl MERP, etc).
So, Banana72, no one ever asked you for that 'surat keterangan pelepasan WNI'? what sort of document did you use to proof that you really relinquish your citizenship? or was it just assumed that because you held the other citizenship, the Indonesian one is lost automatically?
Dannyboy do you mind sharing the agent you use for this case? Have you already gotten your kitas/kitap ? TIA

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serro