Indosyncrasies

Keep sticking the nose of your car out into traffic so you can get in just to drive at half the speed that it was moving before that.

Using the magic hand and thinking it always works.

Mini busses that stop every few meters because people can't comprehend what a bus stop is.

Grown men fitting sirens and flashing lights to their cars so they can pretend to be a police man.

Grown women happy to divulge details of their menstrual cycle at the drop of a hat.

The magic tissue: if I leave food out all day but have a tissue covering it, it won't spoil.

The magic tissue: if I leave food out all day but have a tissue covering it, it won't spoil.

Oh, those magic tissues. I thought you were talking about the ones in the stores labeled as such that when rubbed on a particular male member are supposed to make it erect for your er, wife. I just figured that rubbing a smooth tissue over it would get the same results but I guess the anti bacterial properties are what the magic is made of. Remember, you can't rub it on yourself, that is forbidden here and one could probably end up in prison for that act. Or, in a program to fine tune your brain washing.

Property developers advertising their properties crossed out the old price and replace it with an even higher price in the hope of hurrying potential buyers to jump in. Now I would have thought to sell quickly at a given supply one need to reduce prices to increase demand, not increase them. A wierd marketing tactic

Last edited:
My wife just finished on the treadmill and is now peddling backwards on the bike, I said you are peddling backwards, she said,Yes, I'm out of breathe, I have feeling I'm not winning here

Just seen a banner outside a poxy little shithole warung in Renon claiming that this wild type of fruit (that they sell) is only found in the far reaches of Papua, contains seeds that if you grind them up and mix them with the juice of the fruit itself can cure everything from HIV AIDS and Cancer. What a miracle of modern science !!!

Just seen a banner outside a poxy little shithole warung in Renon claiming that this wild type of fruit (that they sell) is only found in the far reaches of Papua, contains seeds that if you grind them up and mix them with the juice of the fruit itself can cure everything from HIV AIDS and Cancer. What a miracle of modern science !!!

Just take a look in the local language newspapers. These products and healers are advertising all over the place. If they ever started a truth in advertising law, everyone would be out of business. Same for many doctors. They whip up some chemicals in the back room, make it a cream and sell little bottles of if for Rp500,ooo to 1 juta. We actually know a family member who bought one of these. Seems she is permanently scarred with red skin now from the reaction it had with her skin. Doctors excuse, it's not the cream, just her already bad skin that was too far gone for the cream to help. He still sells it as many doctors do with their own products.

Instead of a lower, have a higher unit price for larger packages. So a 2 kilo pack would be more expensive than four 500 gram packs.

Leave the engine running at the gas station. Prferably combined with calling on cell phone and a fag.

Give a better rate for pristine foreign bank notes (mainly USD).

Dilute wall paint with water in a 1:1 ratio so they need to apply five layers.

Empty all the garbage bins from the restaurants etc. on the street at night. (Boulevard Kelapa Gading) So the garbage collectors can easily scoop (eh, pick) up the piles. With an amazing smell and amount of flies as the result for a couple of hours every evening.

Fire all parking attendants, install parking meters, hire new parking staff. Who let themselves pay directly by the car owners, the same fixed rate (5.000 IDR) as before.

Sprint for a free seat on the bus, pretend to be asleep when a lady or elderly person enters. Give the seats to the kids instead of adults, and never take a kid on the lap.

Instead of a lower, have a higher unit price for larger packages. So a 2 kilo pack would be more expensive than four 500 gram packs.

Hell yes- I could never quite grasp how the big container of cooking oil worked out more than buying multiples of the smaller ones.

I spent more minutes than I care to remember trying to figure out the maths , thinking i had it all wrong.

Hell yes- I could never quite grasp how the big container of cooking oil worked out more than buying multiples of the smaller ones.

I spent more minutes than I care to remember trying to figure out the maths , thinking i had it all wrong.

Well Yaaaa! Seems perfectly logical to me that patrons should pay more for the privilege of having to shop less often.

Toilet tissues used as general tissues placed on dining table in restaurants.... yuckkkkk

That's also to clean the utensils and plates before you start using them. (A common starting ritual.)

That's also to clean the utensils and plates before you start using them. (A common starting ritual.)

and essential,lizard poop isn't the bestflavour...andmyspacebarjustdied...:(

how odd that the spacebar thing happened for that post... and is fine everywhere else and again here -
maybe it is linked to the whole reply with quotes issue that is being talked about in the other thread?

may be you need to clean your keyboard with toilet tissue. Haha
how odd that the spacebar thing happened for that post... and is fine everywhere else and again here -
maybe it is linked to the whole reply with quotes issue that is being talked about in the other thread?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819