Indonesia to extend mandatory quarantine to 14 days for travellers from some countries.

dafluff

Cager
Foreigners who have been to these following countries in the last 14 days, will now have to undergo 14-days, self-funded, mandatory quarantine when entering Indonesia:

Pakistan, The Philippines, Bangladesh, Argentina, Turkey, Brazil, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Thailand, Italy, Singapore, Iran, UK, USA, and Saudi Arabia.

Further, foreigners with a travel history to India in the last 14 days are not able to travel to Indonesia at this time.

Travelers from other countries still have to do the 5-day quarantine.

This list is subject to change.

E1qaBMIVUAERw4G.jpg
E1qaBMGVoAEt8YI.jpg

Is this the official "surat eduran", or is it a recommendation? UK & USA should have exemptions for vaccinated travelers

Is this the official "surat eduran", or is it a recommendation? UK & USA should have exemptions for vaccinated travelers
Why would they have exemptions? Because the travellers are coming from first world countries?

For the same reason the EU is giving exemptions... To vaccinated travelers

Then it should be ALL vaccinated travelers, not just UK & USA.

But vaccinated doesn't mean you can't be infected. And if you can be infected, then you can infect others too. Perhaps you just don't get seriously ill.

Then it should be ALL vaccinated travelers, not just UK & USA.

But vaccinated doesn't mean you can't be infected. And if you can be infected, then you can infect others too. Perhaps you just don't get seriously ill.
Fine, ALL vaccinated travelers get either 5 nights or no Quarantine. Vaccines do significantly reduce transmission of covid, as has been seen in Israel and Gibraltar.

Perhaps some people will choose a 14 day layover in a country that has less strict quarantine rules before continuing to Indonesia for a five day quarantine... Not sure where those countries are, of course.

I don't understand why foreigners coming from Malaysia have to do 14 day hotel quarantine, but Indonesians coming from Malaysia don't have to. Does the virus check someone's passport before deciding what to do?

Also, interesting to see SIngapore on the red list, I thought they had just opened up a corridor from Singapore to Batam.

The above letter is a recommendation for what the next Surat Edaran should contain, and until that Surat Edaran comes out the rules have not changed. The next Surat Edaran may contain the exact recommended rules described above, or there may be changes.

Some of the countries on the list certainly have lower rates of infection. Hopefully that list isn’t final.

What an odd story. I'm trying to work out their bizarre decision-making. Maybe they thought they were going to quarantine in Bali, not Jakarta and freaked out? Thought they were being abducted? Perhaps I'm being too kind.

Abandoning your luggage to spend a week going from Tangerang to Bogor while being pursued by the authorities doesn't sound like the ideal tropical holiday.

What an odd story. I'm trying to work out their bizarre decision-making

Definitely weird. The article also says they entered Indonesia on "visit visas". What does that mean? Im really confused by how tourist visas are not supposed to be allowed now but lots of people seem to be able to get visas and go to Bali?

Definitely weird. The article also says they entered Indonesia on "visit visas". What does that mean? Im really confused by how tourist visas are not supposed to be allowed now but lots of people seem to be able to get visas and go to Bali?

Probably "Ijin Kunjungan" which covers all short-term visas: tourist/sosbud/business. My guess is they paid an agent to get a "business visa".

Probably "Ijin Kunjungan" which covers all short-term visas: tourist/sosbud/business. My guess is they paid an agent to get a "business visa".

Some colleagues are in the process of doing that...

For any new expat/foreign worker,
business visa is the (only) way to do process an on-shore work permit application, process KITAS and then convert (mutasi) from business visa to KITAS.

If they do decide to do the 14 days quarantine, it is 1 year too late. Now this just seems like this is about money.
This. A principal from one of our locations went to California in the height of the pandemic before basically anybody was vaccinated (December) and only had to quarantine for five days. Then I will go to the US next month when the numbers are falling off a cliff... I am fully vaccinated and visiting family who are all fully vaccinated... And yet I may have to quarantine for 14 days? Utter nonsense.

Last edited:
I have a friend who is supposed to get married on July 10th and another friend who is doing a tour of seeing as many people as he and his wife can before they return to New Zealand. Both are going to be affected by this.

I don't understand why foreigners coming from Malaysia have to do 14 day hotel quarantine, but Indonesians coming from Malaysia don't have to. Does the virus check someone's passport before deciding what to do?

Also, interesting to see SIngapore on the red list, I thought they had just opened up a corridor from Singapore to Batam.
If I read the letter correctly, Indonesians coming from listed countries are still subject to 14x24 quarantine, but are only mandated to do 5 days in the hotel. The other 9 days can be done at home.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819