genuine interaction with ppl, is it possible?

abel majeed

it's not impossible to manage. you hv to stay alert and sort out the ppl who are allowed not allowed and watch workers etc. it's understandable but it is a mental burden nonetheless. u we always hv to be tight...and in their culture and a lot of other culture if u deny a neighbor for example to come in into yr house..u come across as not social and stiff. sometimes it's a family member like one poster said tools were taken by brother in law...any one can argue that screw em if I don't want sm1 in my house I will make it clear . while it's possible to do that. it may cause small conflicts overtime may lead to problems with wife from pressures etc. I read one poster said if I loose something and take steps to stop ppl get upset and personally. bottom line this slippery slope issue and is real.

Sarah

Went to India before, so not as bad as you think. For sure don’t go to hang around on random street or random night club. Go out with your coworkers and asked them where they usually hangout. If you hangout with prostitute in the nightclub or gangster in the night club then all they see is money.

Ruserious

Went to India before, so not as bad as you think. For sure don’t go to hang around on random street or random night club. Go out with your coworkers and asked them where they usually hangout. If you hangout with prostitute in the nightclub or gangster in the night club then all they see is money.
Are you answering some other thread or something? I can't see what this has to do with the topic? Did someone else mention India?

abel majeed

I believe her reply is pointing to how some Indonesians may see foreigners as ppl with money and not see em as who they are wanting to hv real friendship. she is saying that it is worse in India in her experience. she pointed to sm places in in do if u go to where a blue could be treated for his money only Sep if alone. it's kind of on topic b.s. it's discuss one genuine friendships etc. Imho

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
Pettiness and judgmental stereotyping would probably be a barrier to "genuine interaction" most anywhere you travel.

Dominique

Is it true that as a foreigner you will always be seen as rich ? Yes, definitely.
Can you have a genuinly friendly relationship with someone : yes, if that someone has an educational level similar to yours, and living or working experiences abroad or with foreigneres.
For the rest of your questions it wil mostly depend on where / how you live. In my opinion the farther off the busy world you are, the safer you will feel, with some exceptions linked to what kind of job you will be doing. For example, if you run a resort on a remote island, you will feel like a king on earth and will really rarely feel the fear of being stolen something.
If you work in a plantation or a mining estate, things will be totally different because there, workers are themselves often far from home, and not always well treated. If you are on an oil & gas field, you will often live among other expats in a condominium and your life will be as in any other similar place in the world, very safe but totally out of local life.
If you don't mind sharing what line of business you are in, and where you would be planning to live, we would probably be able to reply to you more accurately.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lila Aidina Hayati
Top Bottom