Finally

Teabag

Cager
Hi folks

I'm so happy and just would like to share my happiness and experience with you.

I have migrated in April 2023 from Switzerland to Indonesia on a Visa 317, ikut isteri. My wife is ex WNI so she came with a repatriation visa. Due to the fact that my mother is heavily sick back home, we have started the kitas to kitap conversion after about 6 month after our arrival.

The whole process, from Visa to ITAS to ITAP went very smooth. There was NO need for extra money to the officers. The interview has taken place twice, once for my wife which lasted about 1 hour and was semi-formal and the second interview for my self was quite a bit of fun.

As I was present at the first interview for my wife and due to the fact, that exact the same immigration officers conducted the second interview for me, they were running out of questions. So we had about 10 minutes a kind of formal interview and the rest of the 2 hours we had been talking about everything else.

There were 3 officers, me, my wife and the sponsor, so everyone talked to one of the three officers about different topics. I thought, they don't leave again.

When they realised in the very first interview, that I'm fluent in bahasa Indonesia, they were quite impressed and became very friendly.

Today, I just got my passport back with the 5 years KITAP card. I'm still excited, that all went so smooth, after I heard all the horror stories.

I would like to say thanks to all the officers at immigration Bandung, well done !!

I have migrated in April 2023 from Switzerland to Indonesia on a Visa 317, ikut isteri. My wife is ex WNI so she came with a repatriation visa.
As I understood from other posts regarding visa/kitas for ex-WNI a lot have changed. Did your wife follow the old or new procedure for getting a visa / kitas?

The Decree Kepmenhumkan_No_M.HH-03.GR.01.06_2023 regarding visa index, as well as Kepmenhumkan_No_M.HH-01.GR.01.04_2023 concerning Visa classification, remain in effect (e.g still valid). Therefore, in my opinion, as long as the correct procedures are followed and the visa indexes listed in these decrees have not been revoked by subsequent decrees, individuals should still be permitted to apply for all visas specified in these decrees, whether through online or non-online application.

These visa are still on the list and have not been revoked.
C317 (Joining WNI Spouse)
C318 (repatriation of ex_indonesian)

The online equivalent of these Visa types are:
For C317 is equivalent to E31B
For C318 (repatriation of ex_indonesian) is equivalent to E32C, or to some extents E32A, E32D with mandatory investment

Last edited:
As I understood from other posts regarding visa/kitas for ex-WNI a lot have changed. Did your wife follow the old or new procedure for getting a visa / kitas?
We had still the old visas 317 and 318. There are still this kind of visas in the new world

I just want to ask, how long was the process for the itas to itap process? I'll be applying for the conversion of mine in a couple of weeks 😅 for mine my wife is the sponsor(mine is also through Bandung)

I just want to ask, how long was the process for the itas to itap process? I'll be applying for the conversion of mine in a couple of weeks 😅 for mine my wife is the sponsor(mine is also through Bandung)
For first ITAP, it should not take long. Around a month or two. Your second ITAP is going to take a while. Usually around 3 months with constant nagging to the immigration office's call centre.

For first ITAP, it should not take long. Around a month or two. Your second ITAP is going to take a while. Usually around 3 months with constant nagging to the immigration office's call centre.
So worst case scenario is like when I first applied for my Kitas 🤣 after almost 4 months there was no update so I had to go to Jakarta to ask. The guard there went upstairs to ask for us and 15 minutes later it was approved. He said they forgot to click the button in their system.

So worst case scenario is like when I first applied for my Kitas 🤣 after almost 4 months there was no update so I had to go to Jakarta to ask. The guard there went upstairs to ask for us and 15 minutes later it was approved. He said they forgot to click the button in their system.
Not uncommon. Forgetfulness seems to be a prerequisite for government jobs.

both, my wife's and mine took exact 2 month for the itas to itap conversion, including interview, photo and fingerprint. took us 3 visits to imigration.(apply, photo, take passport back)

I am confused, what is the difference between kitas, kitap, and itas and itap?

KITAP and ITAP = same (Kartu) Ijin Tinggal Tetap = permanent residency permit

ITAS = sementara = temporary residency permit

Seems like I'm just gonna renew my Kitas this time as the Disdukcapil stuff is much more complicated than originally planned to get the letter of still being married.

Just to get everything that they want for the letter and then to issue it will take several weeks. Leaving not enough time to apply for Kitap before my current Kitas expires

I am confused, what is the difference between kitas, kitap, and itas and itap?

As previously outlined by others,
KITAS / ITAS (Kartu) Ijin Tinggal Sementara e.g (Card) for Temporary stay permit/residence permit
KITAP / ITAP (Kartu) Ijin Tinggal Tetap e.g (Card) for permanent Residence, Indefenitely leave to remain.

The initial "K" denoted the issuance of a physical card as proof of residency. However, with the shift to online documentation, physical cards are no longer necessary, and thus, residency permits are simply referred to as ITAS/ITAP. The Ministry of Law and Human Rights, the department who looks after the immigration affairs, now uses the ITAS/ITAP terminology in their regulations and policies.

H
Hi folks

I'm so happy and just would like to share my happiness and experience with you.

I have migrated in April 2023 from Switzerland to Indonesia on a Visa 317, ikut isteri. My wife is ex WNI so she came with a repatriation visa. Due to the fact that my mother is heavily sick back home, we have started the kitas to kitap conversion after about 6 month after our arrival.

The whole process, from Visa to ITAS to ITAP went very smooth. There was NO need for extra money to the officers. The interview has taken place twice, once for my wife which lasted about 1 hour and was semi-formal and the second interview for my self was quite a bit of fun.

As I was present at the first interview for my wife and due to the fact, that exact the same immigration officers conducted the second interview for me, they were running out of questions. So we had about 10 minutes a kind of formal interview and the rest of the 2 hours we had been talking about everything else.

There were 3 officers, me, my wife and the sponsor, so everyone talked to one of the three officers about different topics. I thought, they don't leave again.

When they realised in the very first interview, that I'm fluent in bahasa Indonesia, they were quite impressed and became very friendly.

Today, I just got my passport back with the 5 years KITAP card. I'm still excited, that all went so smooth, after I heard all the horror stories.

I would like to say thanks to all the officers at immigration Bandung, well done !!
Congratulations 🎊 👏
Please how long did the whole process took you? I am planning to convert my ITAS to ITAP but I don't have enough time to stay in Indonesia for 2 to 3 months to wait for the ITAP. I do work overseas . 1 months on and 2 weeks off

Given that the passport is usually held during this process it seems extremely unlikely this could be achieved if you are here each time for just two weeks. Is there any chance you could explain your situation to your employer who might allow you extra leave to be covered by an extended work period later on? If that were possible you might also press your case for speedy processing with Immigrasi. Good luck.

H

Congratulations 🎊 👏
Please how long did the whole process took you? I am planning to convert my ITAS to ITAP but I don't have enough time to stay in Indonesia for 2 to 3 months to wait for the ITAP. I do work overseas . 1 months on and 2 weeks off

Impossible
No chance
Unlikely

H

Congratulations 🎊 👏
It took exactly 2 month, incl. interview and plastic e kitap card.

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Likaka