DON'T PANIC.... well, maybe a little bit.

If you are itching to remove your wedding ring, now is the perfect time to remove it without hurting the feelings of your wife. Just say that it is for safety reasons, so that viruses cannot hide there. But you also have to remove your watch, and that's what I did.

Can someone explain to me why the current PDP is not counted in the official tally of positive cases? In my limited understanding, the problem with that antigen rapid test system is that it can't detect early cases, hence a high change of false negative. But if it comes out positive in rapid test, what prevents them from being considered the same as any other PCR confirmed cases?

They choose to use PCR test as the only reliable method to confirm Covid-19. Rapid tests have an accuracy of reportedly as low as 50%, so at that point it is basically useless.

So TheEconomist compared Covid19 deaths to deaths over the same period in previous years. It shows many regions under-count Covid19 deaths.

But, Jakarta shows only 5% total excess deaths as Covid19 deaths (lowest of the bunch), suggesting the real number could be much higher.

I personally don't think the current deaths in Indonesia is 20x higher, this would put the deaths at close to 20,000. Most of the cases are still concentrated in Jakarta, so naturally it will have a higher share of deaths.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/16/tracking-covid-19-excess-deaths-across-countries

Another aspect is that during lockdown, some deaths will probably be reduced as well such as traffic deaths or work related deaths. Some in depth analysis will be required to find out the true number. Eventually.

Yes it's crazy that only 8% of hospitalisations in France are smokers, whereas in the general population it is 25%. It is way out of the range for it to be coincidence, also a similar thing was seen in China. Nicotine protection is one explanation. A second one could be that smokers' lungs are in such a bad condition that even this virus can't live there.

So TheEconomist compared Covid19 deaths to deaths over the same period in previous years. It shows many regions under-count Covid19 deaths.

But, Jakarta shows only 5% total excess deaths as Covid19 deaths (lowest of the bunch), suggesting the real number could be much higher.

I personally don't think the current deaths in Indonesia is 20x higher, this would put the deaths at close to 20,000. Most of the cases are still concentrated in Jakarta, so naturally it will have a higher share of deaths.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2020/04/16/tracking-covid-19-excess-deaths-across-countries

View attachment 1447
To be fair we don't know where the cases are because there is so little testing.
Obviously Jkt would be expected to see the highest concentration because it has the highest population by far.
BUT until testing is ramped up and out there for everyone then we will be clueless.

Yes it's crazy that only 8% of hospitalisations in France are smokers, whereas in the general population it is 25%. It is way out of the range for it to be coincidence, also a similar thing was seen in China. Nicotine protection is one explanation. A second one could be that smokers' lungs are in such a bad condition that even this virus can't live there.

I'm skeptical. If nicotine protects against Covid19, then it must be very effective to overcome the increased pneumonia risk and even present strong positive outcomes. If that is the case, almost certainly it would be better to use nicotine patches or gum. If they could get a sample size large enough of nicotine gum and patch users, they could have a good comparison point.

A third explanation: smokers stink so bad that people already social distance from them.

Yes, that link below is from the maker of Lysol and Dettol titled Improper use of Disinfectants.

Due to recent speculation and social media activity, RB (the makers of Lysol and Dettol) has been asked whether internal administration of disinfectants may be appropriate for investigation or use as a treatment for coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2).

As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route).

This needed to be said because a certain complete moron of a president suggested researching the possibility of injecting disinfectant into the body to clean up Covid-19.

Yes, that link below is from the maker of Lysol and Dettol titled Improper use of Disinfectants.

This needed to be said because a certain complete moron of a president suggested researching the possibility of injecting disinfectant into the body to clean up Covid-19.

I don t know what is more frightening: that Trump wonders if we couldn t inject some bleaching in Covid patient to help clearing their lungs or that Reckitt Benckiser has to confirm that it isn t something to do in case any trumper think their dukun has had the idea of the century. 🤔

For the later, the nicotine patches would not work then gainst coronavirus.

It's even more effective if you mix the bleach and detol !

I don t know what is more frightening: that Trump wonders if we couldn t inject some bleaching in Covid patient to help clearing their lungs or that Reckitt Benckiser has to confirm that it isn t something to do in case any trumper think their dukun has had the idea of the century. 🤔

What is really frightening is that this clown can go on national television, suggest bleach injections into lungs to clean Covid-19 and still has an approval rating in the mid-40s...

What is really frightening is that this clown can go on national television, suggest bleach injections into lungs to clean Covid-19 and still has an approval rating in the mid-40s...
I have no particular interest in US politics, but I would hate to see this site become a haven for anti-Trump stuff. There is enough of it in other forums.

I have no particular interest in US politics, but I would hate to see this site become a haven for anti-Trump stuff. There is enough of it in other forums.

Haven for anti-Trump stuff? Lol.

He is the world leader getting the most coverage of all by a large margin. So inevitably his Covid-19 response is going to be discussed here. As it happens, it included suggestions on ingesting disinfectant, that is on him.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back