DON'T PANIC.... well, maybe a little bit.

Dave70

Wow! Think of the profits to be made here. Would make a great conspiracy film. Company develops Covid-19 in laboratory, releases it, waits for a spread and then makes zillions from their new wonder drug But then someone leaks the information about the conspiracy .... FIND THE LEAKER AND ELIMINATE!
I’m sorry but your plot is too tame to make into a movie. If you are looking at conspiracy angle, nothing can be wilder than the ‘Anglo Saxon Mission’ by Bill Ryan of Project Avalon. This video was uploaded to YouTube in 2010 (ten years ago), and it is chilling to hear now of the predicted “China will catch a cold” (15:05).

By the way, fodder for conspiracy theorists, the 2019 World Military Games was held in Wuhan from 18-27 October 2019, just before the first infection.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Talking about Conspiracies. Iran has to largest amount of infected people after China. Most neighboring countries closed their borders with Iran.

Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei accuses foreign enemies having used the virus to sabotage the parliamentary elections in the country. Possibly the turnout for the election was extremely low last Friday. "Their media didn't miss a chance to discourage people from voting," Khamenei states. He himself speaks of a success and "huge participation" despite "that negative propaganda".

harryopal

Charter Member
The Jakarta Post reports that 188 Indonesians aboard the World Cruise Dream ship are to be quarantined at Sebaru Island off Java

“Sebaru is an […] uninhabited island,” Muhadjir said. “We consider it safe, because there are no inhabitants on the island and it has good facilities that we can just utilize.”

How does an uninhabited island have "good facilities"? Even Google doesn't know where Sebaru Island is located. Can any one pinpoint where exactly this island is situated?

Here's the link to the full story. https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2020/02/24/covid-19-188-indonesians-from-world-dream-cruise-ship-to-be-quarantined-on-uninhabited-island.html?src=mostviewed&pg=news

gemima

The Jakarta Post reports that 188 Indonesians aboard the World Cruise Dream ship are to be quarantined at Sebaru Island off Java

“Sebaru is an […] uninhabited island,” Muhadjir said. “We consider it safe, because there are no inhabitants on the island and it has good facilities that we can just utilize.”

How does an uninhabited island have "good facilities"? Even Google doesn't know where Sebaru Island is located. Can any one pinpoint where exactly this island is situated?

Here's the link to the full story. https://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2020/02/24/covid-19-188-indonesians-from-world-dream-cruise-ship-to-be-quarantined-on-uninhabited-island.html?src=mostviewed&pg=news
Tempo says its one of the thousand islands and used to be a rehab centre for drug addicts: https://en.tempo.co/read/1311800/sebaru-rehab-center-converted-to-coronavirus-quarantine-camp

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Increasing number of infected people in Italy...they also plan to isolate some areas and cities now.
Interesting background article (translated by Google):

Codogno is a municipality in the northern Italian region of Lombardy with around 16,000 inhabitants. One of them is 38-year-old Mattia, whose last name was not disclosed. Mattia works for the American multinational Unilever in the neighboring municipality of Casalpusterlengo. Last Wednesday he had himself checked in at the hospital of Codogno because he felt sick for several days. He turned out to be the carrier of the new coronavirus Covid-19. According to Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte, the hospital did not quarantine infected Mattia, as the protocols for such cases prescribe.

Mattia is the so-called patient 1 of Italy. The Ministry of Health is now feverishly looking for anyone with whom Mattia has been in contact for the last three weeks and hope to find patient 0, the person who started the spread and who has also passed on the virus to Mattia. The source is still unknown. We do know that Mattia himself became a "super-spreader". Mattia is said to have infected at least 220 people, including his wife Valentina, who is eight months pregnant, family members, friends, treating physicians, nursing staff, other patients and their environment.

The reconstruction of Mattia's life in the last three weeks is not easy. Mattia is very sporty and has an extensive social life. In the last few weeks he has participated in two running competitions and at least one of his running mates is infected with Covid-19. On February 4, the 38-year-old Italian sat with friends at a café in Casalpusterlengo. Three customers then fell ill, even though they had no direct contact with Mattia.

make_batik_great_again

Interesting background article (translated by Google):

Codogno is a municipality in the northern Italian region of Lombardy with around 16,000 inhabitants. One of them is 38-year-old Mattia, whose last name was not disclosed. Mattia works for the American multinational Unilever in the neighboring municipality of Casalpusterlengo. Last Wednesday he had himself checked in at the hospital of Codogno because he felt sick for several days. He turned out to be the carrier of the new coronavirus Covid-19. According to Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte, the hospital did not quarantine infected Mattia, as the protocols for such cases prescribe.

Mattia is the so-called patient 1 of Italy. The Ministry of Health is now feverishly looking for anyone with whom Mattia has been in contact for the last three weeks and hope to find patient 0, the person who started the spread and who has also passed on the virus to Mattia. The source is still unknown. We do know that Mattia himself became a "super-spreader". Mattia is said to have infected at least 220 people, including his wife Valentina, who is eight months pregnant, family members, friends, treating physicians, nursing staff, other patients and their environment.

The reconstruction of Mattia's life in the last three weeks is not easy. Mattia is very sporty and has an extensive social life. In the last few weeks he has participated in two running competitions and at least one of his running mates is infected with Covid-19. On February 4, the 38-year-old Italian sat with friends at a café in Casalpusterlengo. Three customers then fell ill, even though they had no direct contact with Mattia.
Does not sound good :(
I think we should consider to change the thread´s title... 😅 at least, I start to worry a bit more than at the beginning of this whole issue. Probably, I am not the only one?

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
A Singaporean died in Batam while showing Coronavirus symptoms. But, no problem, he tested negative. Just like all the suspected cases, he tested negative. One has to ask if the testing here is legitimate or have they figured they could cut a few corners and avoid some cost? People need some answers and not in a month from now. Now.

make_batik_great_again

A Singaporean died in Batam while showing Coronavirus symptoms. But, no problem, he tested negative. Just like all the suspected cases, he tested negative. One has to ask if the testing here is legitimate or have they figured they could cut a few corners and avoid some cost? People need some answers and not in a month from now. Now.
It becomes more and more worrying. Even Europe has big problems now. Especially Italy, but also the German health minister expects an epidemic in his country. And here are zero (!) cases?

harryopal

Charter Member
Just watching a report on the facilities at Sebaru Island where the evacuees from the World Dream
ship are to be quarantined as the facility for drug rehabilitation was not being used.

The facilities look to be terrific but it raises then the question as to why this drug rehabilitation centre is not in use when the country has a huge drug problem and, I imagine, many thousands of young people in prisons and in desperate need of rehabilitation.

gemima

I read that there are suspicions about how samples have been distributed (e.g. not temperature controlled from the sample source to the test lab). https://www.watoday.com.au/world/asia/us-embassy-raises-critical-coronavirus-concerns-with-indonesia-20200223-p543l3.html

Also the confusion over the Japanese man with the "SARS-CoV-2" not being "Covid-19" is just inexcusable from a top health official.

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
It becomes more and more worrying. Even Europe has big problems now. Especially Italy, but also the German health minister expects an epidemic in his country. And here are zero (!) cases?
Yeah, WTH happened with Italy, it came out of nowhere to these big numbers?
& Iran too.
Hubby & I have both been sick for about 3 weeks.
We self-quarantined as best we could, mainly because it is the responsible thing to do with any virus.
We are both well now but whatever we had was pretty awful. We did not go to the hospital or the doctor because there are loads of people in a small environment with very high risk of cross infection and these are not places I want to go to, nor , considering past experiences are they places that have a damn clue what they are doing.
I could list several instances of checks & diagnoses that I experienced that smack of incompetence to the point of being a standing joke.
Part of me hopes it was COVID19 & that we had it & are through it without spreading it & are now immune.

Dave70

Indonesia is among 22 countries (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau included as one country) on the list of Saudia Arabia with COVID-19 cases.

Source from detiknews: Ini Daftar Negara Terjangkit Corona Versi Saudi, Indonesia Termasuk.

harryopal

Charter Member
I watch with interest as spraying has taken hold wherever Corona has found its way into more countries. While there is no proof that spraying kills Corona most of the sprays are said to kill various virus. I can understand that it is another measure to try and control outbreaks but most of the spraying seems to be hit and miss and it seems to have become more of a ritual to appease the gods and show populations how governments are looking after them.

Dave70

Part of me hopes it was COVID19 & that we had it & are through it without spreading it & are now immune.
I hope those who got infected and recovered are immune, but...

Japanese woman confirmed as COVID-19 case for 2nd time, weeks after initial recovery. The woman, a resident of Osaka in western Japan, tested positive on Wednesday after developing a sore throat and chest pains, the prefectural government said in a statement, describing her as being in her forties. She first tested positive in late January and was discharged from the hospital after recovering on Feb 1, according to the statement.

dafluff

Cager
Here are some graphs/data on Covid-19:

Symptoms by day: (this is based on one of the very first cases in the US, a Chinese national quarantined in Washington state - Fever temparatures in Farenheit, 99F is no fever/very mild, 102.9 is ~39.5 C)

Fatality by Comorbidity: (how likely you are to die from Covid-19, if you have another underlying pre-existing condition)

Fatality rate by Age: (it appears that if you are under 50 years old, your chances are pretty good)

make_batik_great_again

I hope those who got infected and recovered are immune, but...

Japanese woman confirmed as COVID-19 case for 2nd time, weeks after initial recovery. The woman, a resident of Osaka in western Japan, tested positive on Wednesday after developing a sore throat and chest pains, the prefectural government said in a statement, describing her as being in her forties. She first tested positive in late January and was discharged from the hospital after recovering on Feb 1, according to the statement.

If she was healed and now got it again, I assume that this also leads to pessimism regarding an effective vaccine in the future!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lila Aidina Hayati
Top Bottom