Data registration for pre-paid phone SIM cards

Went back to XL just now with passport, Kitap and copies etc.....they said my sim-card was not working so installed a new one FOC....it worked....very odd it just failed this morning.:ohwell:

Oh dear it just doesn’t stop does it, indonesia should implament a punishment similar to China, it doesn’t stop it, but the punishment gives a lot of satisfaction

I use Indosat's Mentari package and tried registering via SMS late last year but couldn't. When I visited their local office they told me that foreigners aren't able to register via SMS but instead must bring their KK and KTP to their office. They then handed me a leaflet that backed this up and registered me there and then. Since then I have received numerous text messages from number 4444 threatening to block my number unless I register and so I had to go back to Indosat's office to confirm that I am indeed registered.

Forgot to update: I eventually received an SMS confirmation from 4444 that I am successfully registered. Yay!

I am on Telkomsel simpati, my longest number has been 10 years now, I also have 2 other numbers for work etc, not one of those numbers has had any texts or reminders or threats, so I really don't know what's going on? But there is a promo for CFC and also Dunkin Donuts

Was in Ambs ITC today, swung past telkomsel, said I want to register my number blah blah, she said do you have your passport, I said no, but I have the #, she said ok, she said do you have your kitas with you, I said no only a pic on my phone, in fact she wanted the one with an address on it, so she snapped a pic of the imta thingy with the office address on it, she said ok, she took a snap with her phone, went out the back, 2 mins later I got a text saying done, she came back and said all done, I said thanks and that was it

How odd. Seems quite a strange thing to do, especially with all the data they will get if every person who has a phone registered - that is a LOT of processing to do. I wonder if they will actually start limiting service or suspending numbers. I am on Simpati and haven't thought about registering yet

I registered in my wife's name. All around easier and didn't have to worry about hearing 'Can not mister'.

Only thing I have noticed that is different, is my data connection is H+ instead of 4g.

I will see how easy it is to register on the *888# menu tomorrow.

I can see this being a good thing (if it does work) if it stops all the spam and spam texts, as it will make it harder for people to conceal their identity. No more "transfer money to this account" or "buy me pulsa" SMS messages....

So, I have registered this morning. I did have the same problem as others - the registration would not recognise my NIK, so I had to use my wife's.

I did wonder why this was as it is a bit strange - not sure how they differentiate between Indonesian and Non-Indonesian NIK's, but looks there is an error/something forgotten somewhere.

I have not registered yet... both phones still wor...

Me too! I'm a WNA and I have not returned to Indonesia since September 2017. After reloading my prepaid number today, both incoming and outgoing calls/sms are still working.

Tried the game....disconnected for voice and SMS on 1st April.
Ok, "corrected" now and it works fine again. Even received some free SMS and data quota !

So, anyone having problems?

I read on FB that people who registered with passport are being disconnected today as it is the deadline.

I decided to check for myself and as soon I try to use 4G I get this message:

"(XL) Layanan data Anda tdk dpt digunakan krn blm teregistrasi sesuai Peraturan pemerintah. Ketik *123*4444# atau SMS ULANG#NIK#No.KK ke 4444 utk registrasi"

Yet, in March I received this:

"Registrasi Prabayar Sukses. Data pelanggan sesuai identitas Anda telah didaftarkan."

What a surprise... Needless to say, I'm boiling.

I feared something like this would happen so all of mine that I've had for years & years are registered in WNI name (hubby's) As I use my number for work purposes, at the first hurdle (trying to register my own number in my own name online & failing) I decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Expectations should not be high- we all (should) know better.

So, anyone having problems?

I read on FB that people who registered with passport are being disconnected today as it is the deadline.

I decided to check for myself and as soon I try to use 4G I get this message:

"(XL) Layanan data Anda tdk dpt digunakan krn blm teregistrasi sesuai Peraturan pemerintah. Ketik *123*4444# atau SMS ULANG#NIK#No.KK ke 4444 utk registrasi"

Yet, in March I received this:

"Registrasi Prabayar Sukses. Data pelanggan sesuai identitas Anda telah didaftarkan."

What a surprise... Needless to say, I'm boiling.
My boyfriend is in the same boat (i opted to go post paid back in march to avoid this mess). We are going to the nearest XL centre to see what they have to say about it. If we have success I'll report back.

I caved in and used my wife's data instead. Worked straight away. My ego and my OCD aren't doing so good though.

1 phone blocked yesterday. Signed up with wife's details...all good. (XL)

1 phone still OK without

My boyfriend is in the same boat (i opted to go post paid back in march to avoid this mess). We are going to the nearest XL centre to see what they have to say about it. If we have success I'll report back.
Well the BFs phone didn't work all morning yesterday, we got to the XL centre in Lotte around 2pm and there was a queue of 96 people ahead of us :censored: we didn't bother taking a ticket. When we sat down to have lunch his phone started to work (he had already restarted it twice earlier in the day and turned on/ off his mobile data to try kick it into life). Not sure if his half day outage was anything to do with the registration or XL just being a bit useless (which is can be but usually not for half a day).
Today it's still working so it seems like we really have registered him even if he's got a few mixed messages from 4444.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back